“Fantastic”

Ranked #1 of 6 Marietta B&B and Inns
Clarkdale, Arizona
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed at the Stanley House in the #1 Apartment in August 2014. Beautiful inside and out. Very nice Apartment and comfortable. I am planning another trip in the near future and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Aberdeen, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My fiance and I splurged on the Stanley House B&B this past summer - by far a wise decision on our part. The Inn is beautiful, comfortable, and within walking distance of downtown Marietta. We absolutely loved attending breakfast with the other occupants of the Inn during the mornings. It's always fun socializing with other travelers and the food was scrumptious!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary at the Stanley House Inn. We felt very welcomed and comfortable throughout our stay. We stayed in the Alpharetta room and enjoyed its unique decorum. The breakfast was delicious! The Inn is charming and located very close to Marietta Square. We would both recommend staying here to other travelers or couples coming to celebrate a special occasion.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The home is lovely and Meg and Joseph make everything special. I could not think of a better place to get married - the details were taken care of and we were treated like family. Would highly recommend for your wedding.
Connie and Rick Ellis 5/17/14

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Connie_Ellis
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014

From the moment I stepped through the door I was greeted with warmth and hospitality. Meg showed me to my room, the Buckhead on the second floor. It was tastefully decorated with a large comfy king bed and wonderfully soft pillows that made for a wonderful night's sleep. Everything was extremely clean and smelled lovely. The Stanley House is very convenient, located just a few blocks from the town square, where there are numerous restaurants and stores to spend your afternoon. After a few hours strolling around the area I was more than happy to enjoy a cool glass of ice water and cookies on the porch listening to the birds and smelling the flowers. It was a peaceful moment before getting ready to attend my niece's wedding.

Meg was more than helpful in giving me tips on accessories as I dressed for the event. She even offered to drive me there if my ride fell through. My mother stayed with me at the last minute and there was no problem in having two for breakfast.

There is a real warmth and friendliness at the Stanley House and I definitely intend to go back there in the near future.

Room Tip: I didn't see any of he other rooms, but I can recommend the Buckhead without hesitation.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Wendy E
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Our room was spacious, the bed comfortable, and innkeepers charming. And the old town square with many restaurants, stores, and Cool Beans coffee shop was just a few minutes' walk down the street. I agree with an earlier review that talked about the tasty breakfasts that were only surpassed by the afternoon treats of homemade cobbler and peanut butter cookies. The innkeepers gave us many good tips for dinner and places to visit. We were very happy with our stay at Stanley House.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Betsy R
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This location was a perfect fit for my daughter's wedding in October 2013. Grandparents, parents, and some bridal party members stayed at the Stanley Mansion for the weekend as we were coming from out of town. It was so much better to be on the property beforehand for the rehearsal,dressing for the wedding, during the ceremony and the next morning. The grandparents did not have to drive around Atlanta looking for parking, we had access to our rooms for extra guests arriving early or helping with the wedding setup. There was plenty of room for visiting and food/beverage storage. We had a number of out of town guests who stayed at the local hotels recommended by Meg and the one that provided a shuttle to/from the Inn was a big hit with guests. It's an easy walk to the Marietta Square where the rehearsal dinner was located. We totally appreciated Meg's calmness and taking care of the details and my daughter had a wedding she, her husband, friends and family enjoyed. Meg's husband was the bartender and he was unruffled also. If you are looking for an extremely upscale, fancy place, The Stanley Mansion may not be for you. We found what we wanted...a place with personality and charm that we could stay comfortably with extended family and celebrate with a lively, memorable wedding that included children, young adults, and grandparents.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family