“Real Shawarma! Need I say more?”
Review of Jerusalem Bakery

Jerusalem Bakery
Ranked #36 of 734 Restaurants in Marietta
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Some friends of ours turned me and my wife on this small homey bakery. My wife is from the middle east and haven't had a real homemade shawarma in a long time. They have some great middle eastern dishes like shawarma of course, they do tasty falafel , and I am in love with their baklava. But still nothing beats their chicken shawarma, you can get addicted to that stuff!! They also have a bakery on the other side with middle eastern treats like baklava and you can get some pita bread for a great deal. We are regulars now and the staff always give us a warm welcome.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I recently visited the Jerusalem Bakery while in Georgia for a conference. I had the Shawarma plate with both chicken and beef. It was unbelievable. For the price it was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. I loved the chicken with the garlic sauce especially.

After lunch I also tried the baklava and some freshly baked pitas from the bakery. They were also very good. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

My family has only tried the baked goods at Jerusalem Bakery, but I will attest to the fact that they're good. The baklava is excellent. I'd like to try something from their lunch menu after reading some of the reviews.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

A friend took me here for lunch one day and I've returned since because it's definitely worth the trip. As any fast food ethnic restaurant, this one is in a modest strip mall in a corner. Do not expect fancy surroundings or ambiance. This is a working mans lunch spot.

The young man behind the counter is very friendly and helpful, there is a fairly complete, well written menu on the wall, but use the printed menu to get complete details. I have not tried all their dishes, but the hot, right off the oven pita bread is wonderful. Their hummus rivals the best I've ever eaten and is even better than my own, home made hummus.

I had the falafel wrap and tried their shwarma as well. The portions are large, too large for me, but that's not a problem. At least for most folks, that is a big plus (no pun intended). The food is excellent, well prepared and tastes very, very good.

The attached bakery has a large supply and decent selection of Middle Eastern baked goods as well as a refrigerated display of interesting and dairy products from the Middle east and Latin America.

I have no problem recommending this restaurant to any of my friends. A great place to grab a lunch and pick up some bread or baklava or other baked goods to take home.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

I was invited to lunch by my son's friend, who is of Arabic heritage. We drove from Atlanta to Marietta to this bakery/restaurant. Our greeting by the staff was extremely courteous and welcoming. I am a little familiar with Arabic food and was eager to see the menu and find something typical to enjoy. The owner knew my son's friend and came to say "Salaam" and introduce himself to me. He was delighted to see a new patron and friend of a friend.
We both ordered Shawarma (spiced spit-roasted meat, ever so thinly sliced served in a wrap, with hummus, cucumber and tomato). It was hot, fresh and tasted great. While we were eating at the booth on the restaurant side of the establishment, I noticed that the baker, in the bakery area, had just finished removing a batch of Pita bread from the oven and bought a bag full to take with me. It was still warm and I couldn't resist tearing a small piece from one to taste. It almost melted in my mouth--so fresh and still warm.
This is a clean, casual eatery with a large take-out clientele. Prices are quite reasonable, the service was prompt and cheerful. You order from a counter, sit down and await your order. Ample parking is always available.