“Great for a change of pace, something different.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Douceur de France - CLOSED

Douceur de France
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: French, American
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
N . Augusta
“Great for a change of pace, something different.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We were in town for a few days & had business in Marietta, & on a recommendation from a relative who used to live in area, we tried it for a late lunch. They do close at 3:30 for lunch, we got there just before 2:30, the bakery does stay open later.
We were greeted very warmly in French & given menu, very good selection of sandwiches, quiches & some entrees along w/daily specials. My husband & I each tried a different soup, me the vegetable & him tomato basil, even though my soup had a good flavor, I was not aware it would be a puree, was expecting chunky veggies. He had the Quiche Lorraine & I had the Croques Monseur, which is a ham & cheese w/béchamel sauce sandwich. Both were excellent. For desert, the choices are many & look so good, I tried a crepe w/fresh fruit & husband had the Napolean, both great. Along w/bakery items, & for Mardi Gras, had some King Cakes, they had frozen & refrigerated items from their menu like the soups, & entrees.
Our server seemed a little distracted in the beginning, but he soon started to show some personality. We would certainly go back when in area.

• Visited February 2014

Hiram, Georgia
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

The experience began benignly enough. I ordered the tourte au poulet at which time I was told that it was not available. I was stuck ordering the special which came with a salad of fresh greens. When I received my meal, the salad was "HOT!!!" Tres degoutant! It was steeped in the sauce from the tourte au poulet and a vinegarette dressing. Do not order sodas as they chard $1.35 a can with no refills. Then, I wanted dessert, and I was asked to go to the front counter and choose one. I chose the royal chocalat, and the waitress told me that they were frozen, that I had to order something else. If I had wanted to order something else, I would have. Overall, I find it very unimpressive that I cannot have what is on the menu or in the dessert cabinet and that sodas are served in a can. Not chic at all -- more like Euro-trash.

• Visited February 2014
Richardson, Texas
“Trés bon!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

My daughter and I stopped in for some mid-afternoon sweets and were certainly not disappointed! The macarons and lemon bars were delicious. We will certainly be back for a meal!

• Visited January 2014
Biloxi
“Exciting find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

We happened by this place on our way to visit family...we are so glad we stopped!

The place was packed with people, both dining in and carrying out, but the line moved quickly.

The service personnel were friendly and attentive. The pastries were out of this world!

We took several different items with us, as we were just passing through, and even though they were all delicious, the creme brulee was my favorite!

I highly recommend you stop in and get a taste of France the next time you are anywhere near this area!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

This is my 3rd and last visit. I loved the food. While $7 is high for a slice of French Toast, the food is bursting with flavor. But, the service is bad. The waitress was not attentive and we seemed to be a bother to her. We felt rushed and we were an inconvenience. Never again.