“Southern Cooking like visiting family”

Louise's Restaurant
Ranked #343 of 722 Restaurants in Marietta
San Diego
“Southern Cooking like visiting family”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Locals love it- conversations abound in this small house like restaurant. I love cooking at home and they presented it like I was in their home for breakfast. No fine china but down home cooking at great prices.

• Visited June 2014

Cartersville, Georgia
“Been there, Done that, No T Shirt Needed”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

For years, I have heard about this great country restaurant called Bill & Louise's. I happened by it the other day, and was in need of a quick fix for something to eat. I noticed it was now called Louise's, and decided to stop. I needed handicapped parking, and was surprised to see a pot hole the size of a sinkhole, right in the front doorway, but I worked around it, and found a place to park over on the side of the building. Once inside, I waited quite a while before someone showed up at the register to take my go-order, evne though they were not very busy. Meanwhile, the regulars were coming in and taking their seats. I had a chance to look around, and the place was not clean at all. Greasy dust and dirt build-up was on many of the antique looking decorations, and overall it was unkempt. I had high hopes for a country ham biscuit, despite the appearance. I was just as disappointed when I received my order. After waiting what I felt was a long time, my food was cold. The biscuit had a sweet taste to it (sugary) which is not what I would call country cooking, and the country ham, did not cover the bottom of the biscuit. At almost $3, I felt like they were very proud of their product, and that I could have gotten a much better tasting sandwich had I gone around the corner to the Biscuit House, which I saw after the fact. I won't be going back to Louise's, but I do wish her well.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Marcene T
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Caught them right before closing...”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

We passed Louise's on the way to Kennesaw mountain and the parking lot was packed. So, on our way back we decided to stop for lunch. It was 30 minutes before closing so we were the only ones in the restaurant, but they were still extremely friendly and prompt. Food was tasty but nothing extraordinary, service was fantastic. Prices were very reasonable (family of 4 ate for $24). After reading the other reviews, I kind of wish we were close enough to try their breakfast ;)

• Visited December 2012
Kingston Springs, Tennessee
1,170 restaurant reviews
“Where the locals go.”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Just about everyone who came while I was eating breakfast was called by their first name and hugged. This not a fancy place by any stretch of the imagination. The decorations are eclectic and interesting. Service is excellent. The food is not fancy, but well prepared and delivered promptly. Prices are very reasonable.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank 4bird1
A TripAdvisor Member
“The ultimate southern breakfast experience at the base of Kennesaw Mountain.”
Reviewed 2 April 2011

The country ham, biscuits and gravy are the real deal. No cookie cutter restaurant taste here! Best authentic breakfast in the Atlanta area. If you don't eat southern cooking, then do not go here.