“AWFUL, AWFUL”
Review of Marietta Hotel

Marietta Hotel
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This is actually not a Comfort Inn anymore. Changed hands in Nov 2011. Comfort Inn ads still appear in the Hotel/Motel supersaver booklets available at the Georgia info centre. Also the large overhead sign is still visable. We had a wonderful experience at the Piqua, Ohio Comfort Inn, so planned to stop at one in Georgia. We had a long day on the road, so we followed the GPS to this dump. Should have known better when we saw the canvas sign at the front of the hotel that said Marietta Hotel that was overtop of the CI one. How bad could it possibly be? We just wanted to sleep. We should have screeched out of the parking lot. It was so BAD. Dirty, stains everywhere. White towels that were more gray than white. No facial tissue, we were given a roll of toilet paper to use instead. No shampoo. Absolute DUMP. Broken light in bathroom. So neglected. Comfort Inn needs to remove all their signage when they sell a location. Not good business sense at all.

Room Tip: Avoid any room here!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 December 2011

I would stay there again, but only if the other hotels in the area had no vacancy. The hotel staff were very friendly but the hotel is old and the location is not the best it could be.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Just dirty. Unheeded property. Uncomfortably dirty on a weekend of working so we did not go elsewhere, though they made us promises. Promises offered for retribution were unfulfilled. Got our own cleaning supplies and at least felt OK to put things on the counter. The faucet dripped on the metal sink without stopping. The sheets and bed were clean and we were thankful for a place to stay.

Room Tip: Just would not choose this location.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank therfactorart
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here while home searching. The good things: It is well located for getting around North, West and Central Atlanta. It is not too far to get down town and for all of Cobb County. The owners and employee's were very attentive to our requests and extremely helpful in finding places for us when we needed to be directed. It is within walking distance of Papadeaux's and Papacitto's. Both of which I highly reccomend. The rooms were dated but the bed and room was comfortable.

The bad: The hotel itself is pretty dated. It is an older building hidden back behind some less expensive hotels and a slew of fast food joints. The East side of the freeway is a grouping of higher end business offices complete with some very nice eating places including Houston's and the two mentioned above. The West sdie where the Hotel is located is surrounded by "food joints" of all descriptions. Many chain establishments and then some sometwhat seedy other places. Continue going West a mile to Cobb and make a left. Go another mile or two and you will find any number of nice stores and restaurants.

I would stay here again, but don't limit yourself to the immediate area. Look araound for different places and if you are unhappy with the hotel talk to the owner and let them make it right as they did for us.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Was looking for a nice hotel to stay in on way back to Cincinnati and thought I would choose a Comfort Inn... they are always clean and nice to stay in. Not this one. It was dirty on the outside, in fact my children called it the ghetto inn. The furniture in the rooms were banged up and had chips, I mean big chips, in them. TV was old and picture was fuzzy. I actually cried when I got there and tried to find another room at another hotel but all rooms were taken. I told Manager, Freddie, about my concerns and all she said was, "You should have told me sooner and I would have given you a different room." The problem is my childrens room looked equally as bad. I will never stay at this hotel and will probably never stay at another Comfort Inn... ever.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sabina64533
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Stayed on the way down to Florida after a very long day on the road. Was very disappointed. The room was not very clean, not very bright, and very shabby. The price was ok, but you should certainly be able to get a better room for a decent price. Check out the room before you sign.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2011

OK place for night stay over. Friendly staff. OK breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family