“Great room for the price”
Review of Marietta Hotel

Marietta Hotel
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Loganville, Georgia
“Great room for the price”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I was on my way to florida from tennessee. I started getting tired so I needed a place to stay for the night. I rode around and most of the hotels were booked up. I found this one and expected the worse because the sign out front said 25 and up rooms. I was thinking terrible but they had a room available for the night and I was surprised when I walked in the room. Its not bad for 40 dollars

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank JONATHAN R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Charlotte
Reviewed 29 December 2012

We went to Atlanta for vacation and booked this hotel at last minute without reading reviews. First, the reservation we made was not reflecting in their system. Two other people standing near us had the the same issue. After a long argument, they did assign a room and gave us the key. I will not call it as a room but it was like a warehouse with full of dust, lot of blood stains(think it is) and was like an oven. Requested them to give us a new room and they gave the key for the second room. This room also of the same condition adding to it the door was not opening with the access card. Atlast after another long argument, got another room which was better than the other two but still the room was not clean with stained bed covers, cigarrete holes and blood stains in the carpet. Dont wanted to argue anymore and did try to book room at a decent hotel, but it was already 1 AM in the morning and didnt had any choice except to sleep in the same room.. First in the morning, vacated the hotel and moved to a new hotel.

Never ever choose this hotel and that too if you are with your family.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dont want to d
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 8 December 2012

The best part of staying here was waking up and realizing our fears of bedbugs had not been realized. When we arrived, the front desk staff was unconcerned with helping us. Our room was non-smoking in name only. Just about every part of the room needed maintenance, some parts quite badly. The sheets were stained, the towels different colors and the wrong size, and there was no toilet paper. I would not stay here again, preferring even to stay in my car.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AndyMK47
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I first waited at the front counter for over 20 min before someone finely came to check me in... When I got to the room. walked in, went and opened the fridge had cockroaches running around the bottom of the door.. with closer inspection they were everywhere... the whole place is run down. bed sheets were dirty, stains on the wall.. no wonder they keep changing there name. it was creepy and could not believe people were actually staying here... Felt unsafe before I even walked in to my room.

Room Tip: Don't stay! I would rather sleep in my car!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marleycatrushadog
Kaneohe, Hawaii
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Now I don't ask for a 5 star hotel or anything, but I do like clean and presentable ones. From the outside, it seems decent, like any hotel would be. We went to the front desk and checked, she was very friendly, there was a sign that says you need to pay $3 for the hotel wi-fi code (lame), but we made reservations, so it was free! Since I got a closer look at the building itself, it does need some major upgrade work. Our room was a bit ... 'eh', the door doesn't close properly, there's a kitchen in our room, but has the loudest fridge in the world, holes in the comforter, bunch of dirt/stains on the walls, stains of some sort on the sheets, bathroom door is nearly off the hinges, there was no toilet paper in the bathroom, pretty gross in my opinion.

Do not stay here!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Malia K
McAlpin, Fl
Reviewed 4 November 2012

The room was relatively clean, but the hotel door wouldn't shut right and it stuck when you tried to open it, the latch on the door was loose, the closet doors were loose and didn't close right, there were holes in the blanket and unknown reddish stains on the blankets. My room key stopped working when I came back and I had to walk all the way back to the front desk from the second floor to fix the problem. The pool was filthy, and the maids didn't even clean the room. The only nice thing about the hotel was the man behind the desk.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MES22
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 26 October 2012

ok i call myself trying to save money so i found this hotel it is a mess roaches the manager is very rude i checked four different rooms before i found one that suits me. and it was still a mess cigarette butts on the floor and ashes and i have a none smoking room. no towels u have to ask for them and even then it takes 4 to 5 hours to even get any. i find it strange that u cant contact the owner no way shape form or fashion but he wants u to spend your hard earned money on a dump... none of the elevators work the halls and stairs are filthy. turn on the lights and roaches scatter. they dont accomodate their customers in any way. u tell them that things are broken and dont work and they look at u like u crazy and they dont care. i will not spend another dollar on this place. i think i need to call the city on this place to get this shut down cause its unsafe and very unsanitary!!

Room Tip: dont i repeat dont spend your money here go elsewhere cuz they are filthy and unsanitary and rude an...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo