“Long overdue review”

Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/I-75 North
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
“Long overdue review”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I actually stayed here for a weekend in September 2010. In town for a baseball game. We didn't spend too much time in the rooms except to sleep, but the bed was super comfortable. Fabulous. Shower was amazing. Very clean. Lots of places close by. Just far enough outside of the city. Will most definately stay here again. The only pain was no Ethernet cable for the laptop, but so what. No big deal. Staff was super friendly. No issues checking in or out.

• Stayed October 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 24 August 2011

This place was OK, but not great. Beds were reasonable, TV a little on the small side for Marriott. The room was clean. The towels just sucked - small, really thin, super8 quality. Staff was not very helpful at check-in, didn't bother to tell us about free breakfast, or the snacks my wife had pre-paid to be in the room (we didn't touch them thinking/not knowing if they were part of mini-bar). I visit Marietta fairly often to see grandkids, I probably would not stay here again even though the price was very reasonable at $89/night.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel for an overnight during a family vacation with two teens. The facility looks fine from outside, but inside is rather rundown and tired. It definitely does NOT feel like Marriott quality. Our room was adequate for our overnight stay, though the furniture was dirty and the bed pillows felt like old foam. I would not want to stay here longer than overnight.

Our experience with the staff was mixed. I booked online and called to request two beds; the gentleman I talked to was very nice and assured me that our room request would not be a problem. When we checked in, however, the woman at the desk said that since the online site we used to make the reservation specified a room with a king bed, she couldn't give us a room with two doubles, even if we were willing to pay an upcharge. The hotel was obviously not full; there were probably a dozen cars total parked outside, so I'm sure the problem was not lack of availability. The room she gave us did have a pull-out sofa, but it was so uncomfortable that my teens chose to sleep on the floor instead.

We stayed at several hotels during our trip; this was not the least expensive, but it certainly felt like the cheapest of the bunch. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 2 June 2011

This hotel was half-way between our Indiana home and our Florida destination. We were pleasantly surprised, because based on previous reviews, I was a bit apprehensive to book. The room was quiet and clean. The bed was VERY comfortable. Pool area was nice as well, though we didn't have time to use it. Good restaurants within walking distance. Not a destination hotel, but a perfect stopover point for us.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Centralia, Washington
Reviewed 4 December 2010

I have just finished a 3 night stay at this hotel. I am really pleased with it! My husband and I usually stay in as nice a place as we can afford, but this hotel was part of a business trip package we got on Expedia. I was really nervous after reading the reviews. But I felt I had to write my own, as we had nothing but a positive experience at this hotel!

First of all, the location is very convenient, right off of I-75. Second, it was very clean. Third, the bed was SUPER comfortable. The staff was pleasant and the free internet was quick and bug-free. We didn't have an ethernet cable in our room; when we called the front desk they sent one up within minutes. The breakfast buffet was nice and the service was great.

We stayed in a King room, and then my father in law came to visit and stayed in a queen room. Both had the comfy beds and nice flat screen HD LG tvs. My father in law remarked this morning how comfortable his bed was. I don't know how much this hotel cost us, since we got it as part of a package, but he paid $71/night. For that price, this was a GREAT hotel. If I were in the area again, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Erica R
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Stay one night on business. Room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. Front desk staff (Liz) very pleasant and easy to work with. I did opt for the breakfast and it was hot and fresh. Only suggestion would be to upgrade the keyboard and printer on the guest-access computer in the lobby- both were a bit worn out.

A couple of good restaurants in the area- I recommend Pappdeaux Seafood Kitchen just up the street.

Easy access to I-75

All in all, a clean comfortable stay with no surprises!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2010

You can book this place for $59 on Hotwire--what else do you need to know???

What a tragedy! The location is perfect, there are good restaurants nearby (Pappadeux), and the staff is very nice.

BUT-the place has not been kept up over the 25 years I have been coming here. Hallways are drap and dirty, the ac units are noisy, it's one of the worst Marriotts I've ever been to in my North American travels.

Probably the worst thing is that they now cater to large groups (at low prices) and it's ALWAYS crowded and noisy.

When we were there, they had college baseball teams. The kids were nice, but they are kids and when you put a few hundred of them together, they make noise.

I'm surprised that Marriott allows their name on this place.

Now, to be fair, if you book it on Hotwire, it's definitely worth $59. But most of the business guys I run into have this booked through their travel office and pay $159 and up. Waste of money.

Stayed July 2010, travelled on business