Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/I-75 North
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Marietta, Georgia
“Okay”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

The hotel is nice enough and certainly has what is needed. It just feels "tired." the beds are too soft and actually the mattresses are uneven from use. Time to replace! Also, there is not enough soundproofing - you can hear what everyone is doing almost everywhere!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HeatherMaude

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

The hotel offers great value for the price. Excellent breakfast buffet. Rooms are great, just need more towel and shampoos. Good location. Great pool and exercise room. Love the fact that you can eat outdoors near the beautiful pool and garden. Very good for a family stay. Enjoyed it.

• Stayed May 2012
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We arrived late on a Friday night - Had reserved two rooms and actually needed three....we were able to obtain the third without a hassle - albeit not for the same rate....the third room was more. The rooms were clean and well appointed. We ate breakfast in the dining area once. The buffet was your average fare and cost $10 each. The only disconcerting thing was the left over "note pad" in our room. It seems that some previous guest left their notations and phone numbers regarding the procurement of illegal activity and nobody thought it necessary to toss that. Just a little thing - but often times it is the little things that matter. I did not like reading those things.

We were in the area to attend a funeral and used Priceline to obtain our rooms.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank suzieq50
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I was in a room on the second floor. Stayed Sun night - Tues night. Clean room, comfortable bed. Traveled with my toddler, bathtub/bathroom were clean. Staff was helpful and friendly. Would stay here again if going back to Marietta.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 March 2012

It's a Courtyard and it about what you probably anticipate from a Marriott. This review covers two different stays a week apart and two different room types -- the single room and the suite.

Both times I asked for a room near the elevator. Both times I received a ground floor room, but as far away from the lobby as they could possibly put me -- I felt like I was in a different state. To be fair I didn't complain or ask to be changed, but this has never happened before at a Marriott.

Ground floor rooms look out either on a parking lot or a center courtyard. Neither is a great view, but the central courtyard is quieter than the parking lot. Upper floor rooms might be even nicer, but we never got one.

Check in was uneventful, although clearly my Marriott status doesn't rate me any upgrade or special perk -- a few extra points or a small bottle of water and bag of chips. Compared to how I have been treated at other Marriott properties in Atlanta I am more than a bit surprised -- but again to be fair, I didn't complain. Just be prepared if you stay here.

The rooms were clean. I asked for extra towels and received three, which I suppose is more than two. The first room was the standard. Rather small actually and no refrig or microwave. In addition, as anyone staying at Marriotts knows, their designer somehow thinks putting the TV at a 90 degree angle from the bed is somehow chic. It isn't -- it is pain in the neck (literally). The second stay I opted for the more expensive two room suite and frankly, it was worth it. The rooms were large and pleasantly laid out. You could, for example, actually watch TV the way it was meant to be watched -- straight on. The microwave and frig were nice. Given how many hotels are installing them, I'm more than a little surprised that Marriott is still placing them only in their more expensive rooms. Come on guys.

My one complaint with the larger room was that they chose to install the smallest toilet imaginable. This decision was necessitated by using a door that swings into the toilet/shower area (the smaller room avoided this problem by using a pocket door, which freed up a lot of space). I'm a big guy and this miniscule toilet was not fun. While most travelers are hoping they don't spend a lot of time on the toilet, it is still surprising that Marriott's architects and designers are so out of touch.

Breakfast was consistent -- eggs, sausage patties (occasionally links), bacon that was almost always nearly out and limp, potatoes, cereals, waffles, all pretty much the usual. The restaurant staff was a bright spot -- always pleasant, alert, and nice. After just a day we were recognized and our order remembered.

The business center was convenient, the connection speedy (as it was in the room). Printers were free.

So, everything was fine, but I'm not sure that the facility is all that much better than a Holiday Inn Express, for example -- there just isn't much that makes it special.

Room Tip: Upper floor may be better -- and get a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MikeT100
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Clean and comfortable hotel that easily accessible. As others have said, it is older and a bit dated but I found the hotel exceptionally clean, with a welcoming staff and at a good value. I would certainly stay again.

1 Thank businesstraveler009
Fisherville, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We looked at the specs for this hotel online and read: Hearty hot breakfast buffet served daily. Only when we checked in did we find out this breakfast would cost an additional $9.95 per person. I really feel that should have been clearly stated at the hotel website. Also, the room did not have a microwave or mini refrigerator. Something I took for granted for the price of the room and how common these items are now in most hotels. Just want to alert other travelers to these things if they are important to them. The hotel is beautiful and comfortable and very clean.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple