“Clean, quiet place to stay”

Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/I-75 North
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My daughter and I stayed here the last weekend of July to attend the DCI show at the Dome. I did not want to stay in downtown Atlanta and I had been to Marietta a few times years ago. The hotel was clean, comfortable and quiet. We went into the square Saturday night to eat and went to the Marietta Diner for breakfast before checking out for the competition the next day. The only complaints I have are that there are no vending machines (had to go to the "store" by registration desk and pay $3.50 for a 20 oz. coke) and most places like this have a free continental breakfast----not so here----$9.99 for the same old cold cereal, instant oatmeal, bacon and frozen waffles. I don't normally eat that crap anyway because I like to try the local places----but really?????

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Thought this Courtyard was okay, but didn't think was up to the usual Courtyard standards. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly, but expected better. Had a senior citizen rate of $85.00 for Saturday and Sunday and then it was raised to $118.00 for Monday. Thought that was ridiculous.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We've all read reviews and thought "I doubt that is what really happened". Today, I author one of those reviews. We had made reservations for 5 eight months prior to avoid unpleasant surprises. Our acknowledgement confirmed a need for 5 people. However, the room given to us had just two queen beds. The night manager agreed we had reserved a room for 5 but (repeatedly) informed me that fire regulations prohibited him from providing a roll-away bed. Understood. When asked what he could offer, we were greeted with "I don't know what to tell you". Could we have another room? Sure, for an upcharge (and that was only available one of the two nights reserved). Calls to the manager went unanswered. I'm not sure why this night manager thought that an explanation would be a suitable substitute for a bed. Just plain frustrating. The building seemed ok and would be fine at a bargain rate. Admittedly, once frosted with the front desk experience, nothing in the place seemed nice at all. When checking out the following morning, another desk clerk asked how we slept. I stated, "just ok I guess". His reply? "OK, thank you for staying with Courtyard!" I fear the lack of understanding runs deep in this river.

Room Tip: Consider one of the other hotels close by
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

As a consultant, I stay in a lot of hotels, and prefer Marriott properties. I've stayed in many Courtyards, and all were good in every aspect. Although this was a very brief stay, this one seemed to me to be better than most. It didn't hurt that my Platinum Elite status resulted in an upgrade to a suite, but the condition of the property and quality of service was, I believe, above average. The hotel is located in a well landscaped area with other hotels and business nearby and my room was quiet and I slept well. It is a bit tricky to get into the parking lot if approaching from I-75. The area has many good restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: I always like the top floor to get away from street noise and noise from the room above.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Ok I took a shot in the dark reserving this hotel. I had never been to this area. Marriott usually has high standards I thought. Well we had two queen beds and the beds were not comfortable. They seemed old. Sheets were clean I will give them that, but comfort NOPE. Also we were on ground level by pool and on the last day before we left we killed at least 4 big spiders in the bathroom. And also the pool was as clean as it should have been. Will not stay here again. Oh almost forgot. Also police were pounding on the door next to ours, ended up being teenagers in there with weed. And also I saw a prostitute going into the elevator on the last night we stayed. The front desk tried to say she was a set up by the police to bust someone in the hotel....Really?? Im good we left and stayed at the Microtel which was much better and cheaper and no drama there! Oh will say the breakfast was great though!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Staff is very friendly, but that doesn't make up for the dismal repair of this hotel. There was a big stain on the carpet in front of my room. Inside the room, the furniture was scratched and damaged. The chair at the desk was very low and couldn't be adjusted upward making it next to impossible to work at the desk. Two of the desks legs were damaged - it looked like it migh collapse.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I've stayed at many Marriott hotels as a business traveler and have come to expect a certain standard with Courtyard. This hotel is old and tired looking. I was also disappointed that my Gold membership didn't get me a breakfast (I know, this sounds moody...). The lobby smells like it has been smoked in. The beds are comfortable and generally clean...just doesn't have that Courtyard feel to it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple