“Renovated with Friendly Staff”

Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/I-75 North
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Winter Park, Florida, USA
“Renovated with Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

An older Marriott Courtyard Property that's been recently renovated. The front desk folks were friendly. After learning I'd moved properties during my trip, they showed concern and interest in helping make my trip better. Every time I ran into a staff member, even the housekeepers, everyone acknowledged me, smiled, and many spoke. It's the little things like someone hitting the elevator button for you that make a difference.

The room was nice, exactly where I'd asked to be located as well. I was surprised with a balcony too.

The only downside would be the lack of elevators (their placement doesn't make sense).

I tend to skip the Courtyard breakfast bit unless I don't have time to stop elsewhere. It's not bad or low quality, it's just a tad pricey for what you get and the service doesn't make sense. By that I mean you place an order, food is prepared in the back, and brought out later by a person. I opted for the Hardee's across the street, which probably wasn't better, but I saved a few bucks.

I've come to like the Marietta area for weekend stays. It's pretty quiet. During the week, it's not crazy, but it's definitely busy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the elevator, unless you like stairs.
2 Thank FWH4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ringgold, Georgia
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I absolutely fell in love with this hotel! !! The customer service is outstanding! The room was absolutely beautiful and very spacious!!!! I also love the fact that it serves Starbucks right in the lobby!!!! I stayed here on a business trip with my husband and just booked 2 rooms for this weekend for a birthday getaway. I'm also booking a room in August for 2 nights. I will stay at this hotel anytime I come to the Atlanta, it is centrally located to everything. I will also be telling my husband's company to use your hotel from now on too!!!! Thanks so much for an awesome stay!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bailey h
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here last week, staff is very polite and friendly, room was clean, beds very comfortable, bar tender very good, the lobby and courtyard areas were very pleasant....our doorlock broke and maintanence came immediately to change batteries.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This Courtyard was given negative press as of two weeks ago for a renovation and the activity surrounding it. Got a low rate and thought it was only going to be for a night so I could handle the noise. There was no noise, the place has new carpet and wallpaper and the rooms were very clean. What a treat. Would stay here again if I had to but my business is well south of here. Don't let the negative comments fool you--this is a nice place to stay for a three star hotel. .

Room Tip: Get room away from the highway.
1 Thank wallpa
Orange, Virginia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The folks at the desk were night. Noticed a sliding screen door lying on the first floor near the lobby. Not impressive. Also, carpet had yellow tape on it going from lobby to hallway and could trip some folks. Toilet seat was very loose. Really tacky light fixtures in the room. The good news is lots of parking, very near I-75 and the rooms are comfortable for sleeping. Internet is slow if you don't pay for the premium service.

1 Thank 414Bookworm
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We went to visit some relatives for a birthday cookout. Our room was very clean and comfortable for the price. I would definitely stay here again.... We didn't use the dining area. We went to a restaurant in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Wheaton, Illinois
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice room. Beds were clean and comfortable. Nice balcony. Check in was quick and friendly. Bathroom was disappointing. Clean, but small. Bathtub is small and we ran out of hot water before the tub was half full. After 12 hours driving, I NEEDED a hot bath. Very disappointed. No free breakfast. Hotel is cut up, had to enter through a different door to access our 2nd floor room. Lobby is pretty, not super functional, though.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family