“Great Venue for Conference”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites Marietta
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I go to this hotel at least once a month for seminar and I really like the way they manage this hotel. The whole place is clean and tidy and staff are all very nice. It is very quiet and safe and also very close to a lot of restaurants. Also close to interstate so it is easy to get in and out of the highway. I definitely recommend to anyone who wants a good place to stay on a limited budget.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 May 2013

7 REASONS TO STEER CLEAR OF THIS PLACE

1) Rude managers
2) No warm showers during "rush hours"
3) Bugs
4) Slow internet
5) TV stations going off at 11pm because they refuse to subscribe for standard services,
6) Rooms are not within an enclosed building, thus anyone can come from anywhere and knock on your door without going through the receptionist
7) Fridges that may not be working, may be actually disgustingly gross to look at, and may not get cold at all

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank James A
Anish M, General Manager at Country Hearth Inn & Suites Marietta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Before I get into my response, I just want to make sure readers know that 15 of your fellow students arrived at our hotel at the exact same time as you and THEY ENJOYED THEIR 6-WEEK STAY while, on the other hand, WE HAD TO CALL THE POLICE to remove you from the property after only your second day here. I am sorry you had a unpleasant experience with us, though I wish you would have mentioned any problems you may have had to us during your extended stay. I do apologize for the internet problems. We were in the middle of changing service providers. Since then, we have changed and the internet is working very well now. For the hot water, unfortunately when we are very full and a lot of people are using the hot water at the same time, you may have to wait a short while for the boiler to get the water hot. As you mentioned, this is an exterior corridor property. It does provide easy access to the rooms from your car. I have checked the fridge in your room and it does in fact work well. We have professional exterminator services come every month and exterminate the hotel rooms. We have also had many people stay in your room since you left and no one has had any issues with bugs. It is very likely because you kept your room door open all the time and you kept the room very messy with open food everywhere, you attracted bugs from outside.
We ALWAYS encourage our guests to call us at the front desk and let us know of any issues they may have so we can serve them better. It is our goal to provide the best customer service by instantly solving any problems our guests come across. We strive to make our guests’ stay comfortable and satisfactory.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

This hotel is full of seedy criminals. The rooms are well priced, however, very un-appointed. The owners, Charisma and Anish, are the biggest con artists I have ever met! Having traveled throughout the world extensively-I recommend staying away from the ATL if this is your resting spot. The place is filthy, cops are on site nightly for wrongly behaviors and the accessibility is not worth the guilty ridden association with this horrible site. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR-STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank David G
Anish M, General Manager at Country Hearth Inn & Suites Marietta, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

I see you failed to mention that YOU STAYED WITH US MANY MONTHS and that you gladly renewed your stay by paying us week after week. You even took a break in the middle and then came back for a couple more months. I believe you made these very bad comments and told these lies about the hotel, my wife, and me because WE HAD TO REMOVE YOU from the hotel. You even forced us to CALL THE POLICE ON YOU. Readers need to know that you and your girlfriend were very drunk and fighting loudly that night. We received many complaints from other guests. You also came to the lobby and yelled at employees, used foul language, and attempted to undress. We tried to talk reasonably with you, but you left us with no choice but to ask you to leave.

Most of all, we regret having to explain all of this to your kind mother. She graciously paid for your room, and when she came to get the refund, she asked why it was less than she expected. We sadly had to tell her that, along with all the things mentioned above, the room was completely trashed, the phone was shattered, and there was a broken glass in the parking lot from your room.

This wasn’t the first time you and your girlfriend caused problems to other guests, but unfortunately, we couldn’t help you anymore or give you anymore opportunities. Many good guests came to thank us the next day for letting you go. We hope you have learned your lesson and don’t do the same thing at other hotels.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Just spent 4 weeks here. Some of the residents seem slightly shady, but I felt safe there anyway. The rooms are nothing special but they have what you need. The price is awesome. The lobby staff were always really friendly and helpful. Easy access to the highway (75). Lots of nearby places to grab a bite. I'd stay here again. Oh yeah, the internet worked great all but 2 days, so that was nice too.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank tonedeafminstrel
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I stayed here for 5 weeks during an internship I had in the Atlanta area. I made my reservation 2 months prior to my arrival and was under the impression that I would be staying in a renovated room, since that's what I asked for and the clerk confirmed I would have the most up-to-date room possible.

I arrived at the hotel (which is confusing to get to from the i75 exit) and checked-in at the lobby. I had to pay for 4 weeks up front plus a $20 fee for using my credit card to pay for my room. My room was on the third floor (not good for moving 5 weeks worth of living accessories) and I really got a feel for the place upon moving my stuff to my room. Just driving through the parking lot gave me a decent impression of this hotel. Making my way to my room gave me a whole different impression. First off, the stairway I used to get to my room stunk of old urine. The stairways are also very narrow and there were many large spiders and webs in the stairwells, including a black widow. This is not good if you have any level of arachnophobia like I do since the narrow stairwells put you in close quarters with the spiders. Second, upon entering my room the first thing I saw was, again, a large, dead spider on the floor which exactly resembled a Brown Recluse (although it may have been a southern house spider). I couldn't believe I was going to sleep in this room for the next 5 weeks! I got rid of the spider and began to take in the room, which was in NO way renovated: the dresser drawers were missing handles, the desk was cheap and was barely big enough to fit my computer on, the fridge was nowhere near cold enough to store perishable food safely, and the TV was at least 20 years old and had burn marks all over it. The carpet was very dirty all along the walls where their vacuum cleaner obviously hadn't reached for the past X amount of years. The sink lining was peeling and the whole room reeked of old cigarette smoke. I immediately went back to the lobby and told the clerk that I had reserved and paid extra for renovated room, and that the room they gave me was definitely not renovated. They informed me that a group was arriving that week which needed all the renovated rooms, and that I would have to wait to get one until after they had completed their stay. This did not make sense to me, as I made my reservation for a renovated room two months prior, thus the renovated room should have been available for me upon my arrival and not held for the group which had not even arrived yet. This was frustrating to say the least, and the staff said to come back the next day to see if any renovated rooms had opened up. I did this day after day and got the same "come back tomorrow" reply from each staff member I talked to. At this point I began contemplating whether or not I should look for a new place to stay.

One week later I finally got a call saying a room had opened up and that I could switch rooms--what a relief! My new room was on the first floor (much more accessible) and was clearly much more "renovated" than the last room I was in. The lamps, carpet, furniture and bedding were nicer, however the vanity mirror had peeling spots and the counter which held the sink was missing the front panel, leaving an exposed front of screws and particle board. Overall, I was much more satisfied with this room and the other things didn't really bother me. I stayed in this room for the next 4 weeks and had no problems, other than the light bulbs burning out (which took the staff 3 days to replace even when leaving a note for room service asking if they could please replace the light bulbs...).

Sleep quality was decent, although I slept in my sleeping bag on top of the sheets due to the quality of the first room I was given. Also, I never had any problems with noise or my neighbors, however the cops did show up to the room next to mine a few times.

Another (minor) issue I had with this hotel is that for some reason, half of the cable TV channels shut off at 2 AM. This was frustrating since I would be watching a movie and all of a sudden the channel it was on would disappear. Also, the washer & dryers were old and most were broken. The Wi-Fi reception was decent and there were 5 router options you could choose from depending on what area of the hotel you were staying in, however the one that showed the strongest signal was locked with a different password than the guest password--it seemed to me that the staff was hoarding the best internet connection for themselves, backed-up by the fact that they were on the computer while watching TV every time I entered the lobby.

One more thing, the pool was definitely closed for the entirety of my stay and didn't look like it had been open for years. I just saw a review of this place from July 2012 stating that this hotel had a very nice, large pool. This is definitely not the case. I'm guessing that review is most likely a staff member trying to make up for the large amount of negative reviews this place has gotten. Just a heads up.

LONG STORY SHORT
-This is a decent place to stay for the price, especially if you're looking for something long-term in the Atlanta area. There are many gas stations, restaurants and grocery stores nearby.
-The staff is friendly but I got the impression that it's only a front to keep your business. They seem to put themselves first and their guests second, as the few requests I had were answered with excuses about them being "too busy to do that right now" or to "come back tomorrow"
-There were occasional parties but I am young and this didn't bother me
-This hotel will work for you if you only want a place to sleep for the night. Don't expect anything luxurious...at all
-I am not from a big city and overall I felt safe staying here

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank J L
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I am a full time educator at a local university here in the Metro area who moved to this area 8 months ago. I have been a residence of this Inn for 8 month's now and I do call this lovely Inn and Suite HOME.

The Personnell and Management have been very personable to my comfort, special needs and security. The truth is with this level of service and personal attention my husband and I have received I have honestly not been in a rush to seek permanent residence here in the Metro arear although, I know it is time to start looking to homestead here. I will never forget the peace and conveince of staying at Country Hearth Inn and Suite.

Thanks for everything your team have done for us.

Lee and AuDrenia

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Hello viewers,
Im currently residing in this hotel and this is my 4thpics month. I had relocatef from DC and was finding and affordable place to stay. I was recommended this placeis by one of my friend who is student. The rooms may not be the best in world but they are big and comfortable. The management is very helpful and treats their guests and employees like family. I was surprised when i met some guests staying since a year or two. I would recommend this hotel to everybody who has limited budget.

• Stayed: September 2012