“hospitality their specialty”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites Marietta
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed 30 January 2014

During the January Atlanta ice storm, even tho there were no rooms available, they allowed the use of their "comfort" room (not for rent, but available for rest room primarily), which was VERY much appreciated after sitting on the ice in traffic for 9 hours. They also added that if I wanted to stay there longer, there were some chairs there. Potty worked, heat worked, blankets were offered, and there were paper towels and soap and it was clean. Room had no bed, but 3 wing-backed chairs and some other items so may have been used for some storage. Was able to use the micro for some instant oatmeal I had. Curled up in a chair for the night. Two other people joined me. The hotel lady checked in on us several times and said we'd have priority if we wanted a room and she'd let us know when it was available. The next morning a maid offered us an empty room (shower curtain rod needed fixing so was not rentable) to be more comfortable in. I ended up with that room - bath instead of shower was fine, clean linen/towels were brought to me, frig micro both worked, TV worked, even the bedspreads had been newly laundered. What it lacked in charm, was made up in hospitality by the staff. THANKS - other wise I'd have been stranded on the highway.

Room Tip: I'm sure there are very good rooms, but I was only in the "comfort" room, and a room t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MNelson27

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I traveled every week for 7 years and have seen a lot of hotels at every possible level. At the affordable extended-stay level, this hotel is top-notch. I was here for 11 days to attend a class nearby and honestly, I wasn't expecting anything good. Every time a client or training facility recommended a hotel it was almost always a sub-par experience.

As soon as I walked in I was greeted by a genuinely nice and friendly man. Having been a front desk clerk way back when I know that it's sometimes tough to maintain a good attitude after a shift on the desk. Throughout my stay whenever I saw this man at the desk he was always positive and friendly.

My room was an extended stay room and it more than met my expectations. One complaint about the room was the lack of outlets. You have to unplug a light or two depending on how much electronics you brought with you.

The next morning I decided to take the hotel shuttle to the training facility even though I brought a car. The head of maintenance was driving and he gave us a rundown of how the shuttle could be scheduled, where it would go, and talked a little about the maintenance staff. Basically the shuttle would take you anywhere close by at almost any time you wanted.

What was close by? Everything. From a large mall to any number of restaurants and stores, there was more than enough to pick from including some places within walking distance. At check-in they gave me a complete list of nearby restaurants with details on the ones that deliver. They also partnered with a service that will deliver a wide variety of food to the hotel for a fee.

You almost didn't have to leave the hotel thanks to the daily breakfast and the Monday-Thursday happy hour. The breakfast offering was better than almost any hotel in this class simply because it had variety. Many hotels offering free breakfast don't provide much (i.e. "Continental") or just lay out the same thing every day. The happy hour in the evenings was a great bonus with a small selection of beer and wine along with light snacks and a single meal-type item like meatballs or chili. If you don't feel like going out you definitely can get the minimum necessary. The best part about the happy hour was the hostess. She was bright, cheerful, and did her best to personally connect with every guest.

What is the negative? Not a whole lot. Depending on what your interests are, you could be happy or sad that the nearby USAF base occasionally has C-5, C-130, F-22, and other military traffic that you might see flying overhead. This isn't the hotel's fault, but guests like cooking popcorn (and other pungent things) in their microwaves and you know how that travels. Besides the lack of outlets, the TV didn't have any HD service - it was all SD reception although they did have many channels to choose from. One day housekeeping forgot to give me a floor mat for the bathtub. I improvised.

P.S. Wireless internet was fast. If you stay at the other end of the hotel next to the neighboring property you can piggyback on their wifi signal which someone told me was faster. I was pretty satisfied with the hotel wifi though.

Also I did not use the workout room or swimming pool. I did use the laundry facility which was adequate.

Room Tip: If connectivity is important to you, pick a room close to the other hotel. Their wifi reaches over a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank shrike2000
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews, I didn't wanna stay after I had got a god rate through Priceline but I decided to give it a try. When I pulled in, I felt like I was closed in from the world. But as I got to office, the people were nice. Check in went fine. Room was a little outdated but it was clean. I was nervous by being a single female but I had no problems.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Veda38
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I go to this hotel at least once a month for seminar and I really like the way they manage this hotel. The whole place is clean and tidy and staff are all very nice. It is very quiet and safe and also very close to a lot of restaurants. Also close to interstate so it is easy to get in and out of the highway. I definitely recommend to anyone who wants a good place to stay on a limited budget.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2013

7 REASONS TO STEER CLEAR OF THIS PLACE

1) Rude managers
2) No warm showers during "rush hours"
3) Bugs
4) Slow internet
5) TV stations going off at 11pm because they refuse to subscribe for standard services,
6) Rooms are not within an enclosed building, thus anyone can come from anywhere and knock on your door without going through the receptionist
7) Fridges that may not be working, may be actually disgustingly gross to look at, and may not get cold at all

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank James A
Anish M, General Manager at Country Hearth Inn & Suites Marietta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Before I get into my response, I just want to make sure readers know that 15 of your fellow students arrived at our hotel at the exact same time as you and THEY ENJOYED THEIR 6-WEEK STAY while, on the other hand, WE HAD TO CALL THE POLICE to remove you from the property after only your second day here. I am sorry you had a unpleasant experience with us, though I wish you would have mentioned any problems you may have had to us during your extended stay. I do apologize for the internet problems. We were in the middle of changing service providers. Since then, we have changed and the internet is working very well now. For the hot water, unfortunately when we are very full and a lot of people are using the hot water at the same time, you may have to wait a short while for the boiler to get the water hot. As you mentioned, this is an exterior corridor property. It does provide easy access to the rooms from your car. I have checked the fridge in your room and it does in fact work well. We have professional exterminator services come every month and exterminate the hotel rooms. We have also had many people stay in your room since you left and no one has had any issues with bugs. It is very likely because you kept your room door open all the time and you kept the room very messy with open food everywhere, you attracted bugs from outside.
We ALWAYS encourage our guests to call us at the front desk and let us know of any issues they may have so we can serve them better. It is our goal to provide the best customer service by instantly solving any problems our guests come across. We strive to make our guests’ stay comfortable and satisfactory.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

This hotel is full of seedy criminals. The rooms are well priced, however, very un-appointed. The owners, Charisma and Anish, are the biggest con artists I have ever met! Having traveled throughout the world extensively-I recommend staying away from the ATL if this is your resting spot. The place is filthy, cops are on site nightly for wrongly behaviors and the accessibility is not worth the guilty ridden association with this horrible site. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR-STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank David G
Anish M, General Manager at Country Hearth Inn & Suites Marietta, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

I see you failed to mention that YOU STAYED WITH US MANY MONTHS and that you gladly renewed your stay by paying us week after week. You even took a break in the middle and then came back for a couple more months. I believe you made these very bad comments and told these lies about the hotel, my wife, and me because WE HAD TO REMOVE YOU from the hotel. You even forced us to CALL THE POLICE ON YOU. Readers need to know that you and your girlfriend were very drunk and fighting loudly that night. We received many complaints from other guests. You also came to the lobby and yelled at employees, used foul language, and attempted to undress. We tried to talk reasonably with you, but you left us with no choice but to ask you to leave.

Most of all, we regret having to explain all of this to your kind mother. She graciously paid for your room, and when she came to get the refund, she asked why it was less than she expected. We sadly had to tell her that, along with all the things mentioned above, the room was completely trashed, the phone was shattered, and there was a broken glass in the parking lot from your room.

This wasn’t the first time you and your girlfriend caused problems to other guests, but unfortunately, we couldn’t help you anymore or give you anymore opportunities. Many good guests came to thank us the next day for letting you go. We hope you have learned your lesson and don’t do the same thing at other hotels.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Just spent 4 weeks here. Some of the residents seem slightly shady, but I felt safe there anyway. The rooms are nothing special but they have what you need. The price is awesome. The lobby staff were always really friendly and helpful. Easy access to the highway (75). Lots of nearby places to grab a bite. I'd stay here again. Oh yeah, the internet worked great all but 2 days, so that was nice too.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business