“This. Hotel. Is. RATCHET.” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Marietta-Atlanta-Delk Road
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Denham Springs, Louisiana
“This. Hotel. Is. RATCHET.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is HORRIBLE. Let's start from the beginning... You cannot check in early without paying an extra $10, although there was plenty of available rooms. When we finally got our key, we walked into an occupied room. Thankfully, the people were not in there when we walked in. After we got a new key card, our room looked okay at first. However, after entering, we were greeted with severely stained furniture, dried up caramel popcorn in the corners, and a headboard that fell shortly after we got settled in. Let's not forget to mention the delightful smell of urine and coffee that floated in the air. Day 2: we went out for a nice day in Atlanta. Meanwhile, housekeeping came in to move our stuff around and "kinda" clean the room. We were also low on toilet paper - good thing they replaced it with a wet toilet paper roll! We got back and needed to use the bathroom. Being we just ate Shake Shack, the toilet got stopped up. I called housekeeping for a plunger. The response: "come and get it." So I go down to get my plunger. What a nice plunger it was. Too bad it was freshly used. The attendant gave me the dirty plunger while guarding himself from germs with a piece of paper. I'm sure that's sanitary, right? On top of all this nonsense, the wifi didn't work. I highly recommend this hotel if you're into living like you're in a college dorm.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Days Inn Marietta-Atlanta-Delk Road, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our housekeeping department and have been addressed. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for a lackadaisical attitude on the part of any of our employees. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Marietta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We checked in on Sunday evening, planning to stay for the week. The lobby was not clean, and had an unpleasant odor as we walked in. The staff was friendly, and check-in was quick, but the elevator was not well cleaned, and we only hoped that the room would be better. It was somewhat better than the lobby, but there was still a musty odor. The faucet in the sink was dripping constantly, and the air conditioner leaked onto the carpet, making the area by the window quite wet. The king bed in our room was actually a queen, as evidenced by the tag on the mattress. We checked out the next day and went to a different hotel for the rest of our week. I would never stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend any room at this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Days Inn Marietta-Atlanta-Delk Road, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. While I’m thrilled to hear our staff was friendly, I regret that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of evaluating opportunities for improvement and appreciate your input!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I checked into this hotel one afternoon, and checked out that night. This place has the worst internet connection possible. When I say worst, I mean I had no connection unless I was in the lobby. The room is a bit small, but otherwise what is expected for the price. The plus is that there is a fridge and microwave in the room. A must have for extended stays. Customer service was good with most of them. The problem I had was when I told the girl at the desk that I couldn't connect to the internet, she tried to blame it on my device.... What ALL of my devices had the same problem???

Room Tip: If you want good internet, sleep in the lobby.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Days Inn Marietta-Atlanta-Delk Road, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
We are very sorry there was a problem with the internet connection and are looking into the problem. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the complete quality stay you expect and deserve. Thank you.