“The room had a musty smell upon entering but after about 45...”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed 24 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Reviewed 29 July 2014

When we moved down to Clearwater we did not know the area and we stayed in a Howard Johnson in the HWY 19 by accident. We just found out the experience very good for the price, and we end up living there for 3 months before finding a condo to rent. With that experience in mind, driving back from NJ to FL, we need to stop in Atlanta for 3 days. When we saw the Howard Johnson sign from the HWY 75, we thought that this was the place to stay....my bad!
When we open the units door, the smell was disgusting, then I realized that this room probably has never been cleaned. Everything was dirty, when my husband went to complain he got back saying that the front desk person was dirty and smelling too, so probably he would never think that the room was bad. I did not have an option, I had to connect to the internet and work, so I work online and I had a very important meeting. So we stayed, but I did not have a shower, I could not get in the shower....I will post my pictures because I am unable to describe such horror....we barely slept and I the morning we left. We stopped in their breakfast area just for grabbing a cup of coffee, and OMG, our shoes got stuck on the floor, sticky....
I contacted Howard Johnson customer care and they told me they would take care of it, and Notify Mr. Patel the owner. Mr. Patel send us an email apologizing and saying that we should have contacted him before complaining to Howard Johnson Head Quarters. That they would have done everything possible to resolve the situation by accommodating your needs. And To compensate for my previous stay, he was offering us manager's rate (highly discounted) at our Howard Johnson Inn Marietta.
I did not respond, because what he could have done, was to demolish this place and build a new one. It is not about the stars that a hotel has, it need just to be taken care of and clean!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniela A
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The first room I was given the moment you opened the door you were greeted by an bad smell, requested a new room got into the new room it had an odor also but not as bad, shower fixtures were broken, shower grout dirty, toilet ran, and much more. They need to do an overhaul of renovations.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I called to inform them I was traveling by car for over 12 hrs and would make it after midnite. The service desk person said no problem. When we got there at 2 am, the person said my reservation had been cancelled due to a problem with card on file. He was very unprofessional and offered me a smoking room for the night. When I told him I did not want a smoking room his response was "Oh well that what I have" I asked why had I not been informed about problems with my reservation earlier when I called and his response was " We are busy here" I am do glad they cancelled it. The hotel looks terrible and who wants to deal with rude people anyways. My suggestion, DO NOT stay here!

Room Tip: Tip: do not stay here!
Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is nasty and the hotel staff is rude! Please don't stay here. There was a dirty diaper and pissy sheets also. I hated this hotel and my family was disappointed. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed here while traveling north toward home. Not bad for a reasonably priced night's rest. The room was big, comfortable, and clean. The bed was pretty comfortable. Linens were clean and smelled fresh. Bathroom was clean, but the towels were cheap and small. Both night and morning staff were friendly. My only complaints were that the breakfast was a bit lacking (cold cereal, juice, coffee, and cheap donuts, etc.), staff started knocking on our door an hour before checkout to see if we were leaving or staying (once at 10am, then again at 10:20am), so be sure to put your 'do not disturb' sign out. Minor repairs were needed in the room: a "piece" of the dividing wall was chipped/broken off, someone had written on this wall and obviously no one noticed to scrub it, and it looked as if someone had spilled something on the wall but apparently the walls aren't part of the regular cleaning routine.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple