“A Very Large Motel 6”

Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Houston, Texas
“A Very Large Motel 6”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is probably the largest Motel 6 I've seen so far. I was on the fourth floor. I got there late at night, and I was very tired. I asked the management for a room on the first floor so that I could quickly and easily unload my car and get to sleep. The manager nodded his head, and put me on the 4th floor. I had to unload the car, carry everything to the 4th floor, and then get ready for sleep. My room was near an elevator, but I was also near a housekeeping equipment station. Around 5 AM, the housekeepers started rolling the carts from the equipment station to their various assigned areas...GROAN...No rest for the weary.

For these reasons, I am rating this Motel 6 as poor. Otherwise, it was an acceptable stay.

Room Tip: Not well insulated from noise in the housekeeing stations (cart noise, industrial washing machine no...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I was in Atlanta last month on a short business trip and thought I'd save a little money and the motel was close to where I needed to be the next day. Well just a few hours after I checked in some woman called my room asking for drugs, needless to say I told her I wasn't a dealer. She says, " it must be the guy next door" Then some other guy beat on my door later that night, looking for drugs; scared me to death because I was asleep. I guess I must have been in the old drug dealers room.

Never will I stay there again! I'd sleep in my car first!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Gregcarter1971
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The place looked great! Very clean and friendly! Amazing uprade and very convenient! The front desk clerk was very dowo to earth and helpful....room was emacculate and staff was friendly.... officers on site and patrolling and super good coffee! definitely will stay again

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ashliridges
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is the first time I have ever stayed in a Motel 6 and I really am blown away by how nice this location is. They recently remodeled this location and each room has hardwood floors, a flat screen tv, and very comfortable beds. The hotel staff have been nothing but courteous I am extremely happy with my stay. You will NOT find anything in this area that comes even remotely close to this Motel 6 for this price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have stayed at this location many times before and every time the service is great! Its not too far from the city and it's located around plenty of restaurants. The price is perfect and I love that they honor military discounts. The rooms are always clean. The staff at the front desk are always so friendly esp Miss Randall she always seems to have a smile on her face!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank AjsaKG1
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at motel 6.I received excellent service during my stay.The rooms are very big and spacious and very clean.I would and have recommended this hotel to family friends etc...The room service is great.Housekeeping cleans everyday and does an exceptional job.I also enjoy the big flat screen tv all the channels show good great for watching movies me and my family enjoyed it.The lobby is very nice clean and also enjoy the free coffee in the mornings.The employees and management are very nice and very professional and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014
Joy H, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Northwest - Marietta, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write expressions about your stay here at the Motel 6 Atlanta NW Marietta. It is refreshing to hear that all the time and efforts that we have and continue to invest are being noticed. We look forward to meeting your lodging needs on your next stay in our area.
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We found this room as an overnight for us to rest on our way to Florida. We were surprised at the amount of traffic going through this facility. One super BAD thing about this place, the patrons, those people are weirdos. The front desk attendants are very nice (Especially the gentleman) and the rooms were not bad at all for $40.00. Extended stay-NO! Overnight stay-Sure why not. And it smells bad, Probably because it is also an extended stay. Just know when you pay, you will get every bit of $40.00 NOTHING more.

Room Tip: There are other hotels in the area, I wouldn't recommend staying in Marietta. Period.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Joy H, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Northwest - Marietta, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for your honest response. Here at Motel 6 Atlanta NW we pride ourselves on providing a better experience than what our price suggests. While we have taken great strides to make sure our guest experience is best in class and well above average, your comments show we still have room for growth. Please know that will take the necessary steps to ensure an improved guest experience, and welcome the opportunity to serve both you and all other guests on future stays. Again, thank you for your honesty and we will be sure to "leave the light on for you!"