“Always Great”

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Always Great”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

My wife and I have stayed here a few times and have always had a great experience. The front desk staff is always more than helpful. The breakfast buffet is always fresh, will continue to stay here when we visit Marietta.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We are holiday inn express fans and love to stay with this brand . As expected we had a great
experience at this hotel . The front desk staff was very helpful , As being a priority club member we were offered an upgrade to an executive room , the breakfast was very fresh looking,
our all over experience at this hotel was excellent and will remand to our friend and family to choose this hotel when ever they will be in this area
Great stay

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I was checked into a Jacuzzi suite. I was not interested in using the Jacuzzi, which is a good thing since the faucets were not even functional on it. While taking a shower, the management called and told me the jacuzzi was leaking and to turn off the water. I turned off the shower and went downstairs to see if I needed to switch rooms.

After being accused of running water over the jacuzzi that did not work and having to argue with the manager, I finally received a different room. He kept asking if the carpet was wet, even after I explained to him that the jacuzzi did not even work and no water ran over in the room. Apparently they have a water leak problem and he just assumed somebody was filling the jacuzzi tub and walked away from it.

When I went to shower in the morning, the hot water in the shower did not work! I complained to the desk clerk, but all he did was make a note of it to pass to somebody else.

Even though I paid for a more expensive suite and was downgraded to a lower priced room, the hotel made no concessions on my invoice.

I stay at Holiday Inn hotels most weeks and this is one that I will avoid!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I just checked in and so far am not a fan of this hotel. Some Holiday Inn Express hotels are a home run (Limrick, PA) and some should be razed (Simpsonville, SC). This isn't at the bottom of the list but has lots of room for improvement.

The first room I was given was under repair and the work wasn't complete. The bathroom counter was strewn with tools and parts to fix whatever the plumbing problem was. The non smoking room also smelled of smoke.

The young man at the front desk was apologetic and went with me to make sure the next room he picked for me was in good repair. The bed was unmade, no sheets at all, and the trashcan was overflowing. Strike two and back down to the lobby we went.

We tried a third room, two floors higher up and the trash can was empty, the bathroom appeared to be in working order (I just checked and all plumbing works). The AC was set to 72 and the room was stuffy so I turned it down to 68 degrees and nothing happened. I cranked it down to 61 degrees before the unit turned on and started cooling the room. So far the wifi is working and the sheets do appear clean. The room has a very heavy citrus scent to it as if so liberally applied to block some other odor and I have to wonder about that given the state of rooms one and two.

The gentleman at the front desk was very polite and very accommodating but I have to give this particular HIE a rating of "poor" because I do not believe two problem rooms in a row indicate something of average rating. Average means that there was nothing special nor anything out of the ordinary about the hotel.

Room Tip: Having read other reviews it looks like the upper floors are the way to go.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Let me begin by saying I'm a Priority Club Platinum member which was the first reason I chose this hotel. There are many options in Marietta and I wanted to earn points and possibly get an upgrade to my room.

Overall the hotel was nicely done inside and outside. My room was upgraded and it looked nice and modern on the 4th floor. Its location and proximity to 75 and 41 was also nice.

The reason I’m giving it an average rating is because of the amount of noise and sound in the room which disturbed my sleep and the poor wifi quality and mediocre breakfast. The first night I clearly heard the women next door talking and occasionally laughing. This disturbed my sleep and honestly I just didn’t want to call and move my room because of the time and the fact that they were talking at normal levels. The walls seemed very thin and let in a lot of room-to-room noise. The heating/air conditioning unit also made a loud noise when it turned on. Bottom line – if you’re a light sleeper you may want to look elsewhere.

The wifi would also disconnect randomly which was very annoying. In addition the complementary breakfast wasn’t that great. Typical HI Express format but missing some of the items I like such as the cinnamon buns. If you workout the minimalistic equipment will be a turnoff. I believe there was one bike and treadmill and one weight bench (if any).

I’ve stayed at other hotels in Marietta and will most likely stay elsewhere there because of the nicer experience I’ve had and bang for buck. The Hawthorne is an older hotel but for the same or lower price you’ll get a full suite, nicer complimentary breakfast AND dinner and the feeling of having a small apartment in the woods with full amenities (pool, tennis courts, gym etc.). The La Quinta across the street offers a better price usually and modern rooms minus the free breakfast.

Overall there are better options. Unless you’re a diehard Priority Club loyalist and need to be close to Dobbins I wouldn’t look at other options.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear of the hotel will have a nicer view with a quieter expeience.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Everything that I expected was satisfied. A clean comfortable, convenient hotel with a professional staff. I dealt with the manager in just about everything I did. Check in, check out, breakfast. I don't think the man ever went home. He was very responsive for the only problem I had - a burned out light bulb in my sitting area. The breakfast was standard and there was plenty of it. I am an early riser but they were ready even before the published breakfast time.This hotel had an additional level of security, in that yiu had to have a room key to access the room floors. I appreciated that and will definitely stay there the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank svargasi
Brownsburg, IN
Reviewed 10 May 2011

For the price and caliber of this hotel, I expect a wifi connection that works. I have little to no signal, and when I do get connected, it is painfully slow. I travel around 75% of the time and this is the third Holiday Inn Express I have stayed in with this problem. The front desk says call the 800 number from the service provider. That was no help at all. The hotel itself is fairly decent, but if you have work to do like me, get ready to stay downstairs in the business center to do it. I will not stay at another Holiday Inn until they change internet providers. .

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business