“Helpful & Accomodating” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Columbus GA
“Helpful & Accomodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Finding a good hotel can be a daunting task when you're tired and need to recharge, but I knew that I couldn't go wrong with Holiday Inn Express, and it is especially nice when you have a great desk clerk such as Debbie.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you so much for your 5 star review and for your loyalty to our Holiday Inn Express brand! Debbie is absolutely a gem here and we are delighted to hear you recognize her by name! Thank you again and we look forward to serving as your host in your future travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed here for a week while in town for training. They took excellent care of me. I would recommend anyone to stay there. They answer every question and go out of their way to accommodate your needs. Just ask Elizabeth and Debbie!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your wonderful stay. We have an All-Star staff and thank you for the shout out to Elizabeth and Debbie. They will be delighted to hear they were able to make a difference in your stay. We hope to be seeing you again on your future business trips!
Ellettsville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We have never been treated as well as we were on our recent stay--that turned into two stays! When the hotel we had booked ended up being a bit on the scary, shady side, we drove to the nearby Holiday Inn Express to check it over and to see if they had any rooms available for the night. We were on our way to welcome our son home from Afghanistan, but since my husband was on furlough we were on a tight budget. Elizabeth listened to our story then offered us a rate that was as close to the lower rate as she was able. She did a bit more checking then lowered the special rate another $10! She was extremely apologetic that there wasn't a room available right then, but she gave us directions to the restaurant where we were planning to eat--so we told her not to worry--we would go to eat then come back. When we returned she had our room ready, along with a goody bag for each of us for our trouble. Seriously?! Our trouble?! She had just gone above and beyond for us to get us a room at a rate we could afford--and she was apologizing to US for our trouble! Unbelievable! She then proceeded to let us know that she had put us on the 4th floor so we wouldn't be near the little-league soccer tournament guests on the second floor. The room was nice and clean, and breakfast the next morning was perfect. Although there were many guests the food was plentiful and the woman working in the dining room was pleasant.
We made a decision to stay at this hotel on our way home. When we called to see if there was availability they again offered us an excellent rate. At our check-in Elizabeth was again at the desk--welcoming us back! She remembered us and asked us how our son was doing and how the Welcome ceremony went. We appreciated her kindness and positive attitude, and will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: 4th floor room was more quiet than 2nd floor room, but that may have been a coincidence!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank decafd1
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
WOW! We are extremely excited to hear that Elizabeth went above and beyond to make you feel like family. We truly care about all of our guests. We are honored to know that we were your choice of hotel from the other options you had and that you shared your happy moment with our staff. We love welcome home ceremonies and hope that in your future travels we will see you again!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Creswan helped our family from being eat ten alive because of another dirty hotel .It was a welcomed change thank you to Allen and all staff
.The problems we had with room Allen help and gave us a even better room we felt safe and want to thank you all for a pleasant stay.My family thanks you for your southern hospitality and we will be back but in Canton GEORGIA
.. We love it there.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Thank you so much, okeria46, for your outstanding review. We are delighted you chose us to be your Knight in shining armor and we are proud to provide a safe, clean place for you and your family. Our staff here really loves to help others. We hope to see you again soon!!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

The breakfast was really good and I normally don't get a chance to eat breakfast when I'm staying in a hotel. Whenever I had a problem it was dealt with right away. My room was always cleaned really well when I got back each evening. All the front desk workers alway greeting me when I was coming back to my room or leaving in the mornings. I would definitely stay here and recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your last stay at our hotel - I will pass them along to my team! We are very proud of our property and try to exceed every guest’s expectation! We look forward to seeing you again in your future travels!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

The rooms where clean everyday the clerks where very helpful I mostly only dealt with Elizabeth and she was very nice and knowledgable for the area. Down sides there was no pool and the hot tub lacked and real heat or pressure and being that I was there on business it kinda sucked however being someone whom loves good food the continental breakfast was very filling and there was a good amout of choices.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thank you Ckgreene for your great review! We regret to hear that you found the hot tub lacking but excited to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our FREE HOT breakfast! Thank you for acknowledging our staff by name and so glad you had such a positive experience with our staff from housekeeping to the front desk! We look forward to serving as your host in your future travels.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Old face cloth on floor under curtain. Guess it was used during prior tenants' sex act- disgusted that I had to remove it. While searching room before we left, found food crumbs under bed ruffle. Can you not vacuum there??? Lastly, when I checked out, I turned in my keys and tried to exit the rear door. Was unable because I needed a key (electro magnetic lock)? BUT if you are in the stairway, not only is there a motion activated door release, there is a "Push to Exit" green button which also unlocks the door. TWO methods to unlock the door in the stairway???? I think The contractor made mistake and put the green button in the stairwell when he should've put it inside of the building. IF THERE IS A FIRE, PEOPLE WON'T BE ABLE TO GET OUT!!! Plus, it is HORRIBLY inconvenient, Once I have turned in my keys, to try to exit there. When I complained to the desk, he assured me, in case of a fire, the door would "automatically release". I don't think that he actually knew what he was talking about. I think he just said it to pacify me. I would like a response on the safety of the electromagnetic lock during a fire sent to: sudirans@yahoo.com
Please allow the author of the response be an planning engineer or safety department member, not some someone unaware of ACTUAL BUILDING CODES of MARIETTA GA.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you, Sudiran, for expressing your sincere concerns regarding our safely here at the Holiday Inn Express. We encourage our return guests to always let us know how we are doing. Being that you have stayed with us multiple times, you have been made aware of our added security system in place for our stairways and elevators. This ensures all guests come through the lobby and front desk personnel. The front desk representative you spoke with in regards to a fire was 100% correct. The front desk staff is trained in emergency protocols and has to know how everything operates, it wasn’t spoken just to pacify you. I am truly sorry for your most recent stay and hope that you can remember your past stays with us and give us another chance.