“A Wonderful and Pleasant Place to Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Baltimore, Maryland
“A Wonderful and Pleasant Place to Stay”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have become a recent traveler with my work and I have to tell you that out off the several hotels that I have stayed in over the course of the year. The Holiday Inn Express here in Marietta, GA is by far the most pleasant place to stay. The entire staff has gone above and beyond to make sure that myself and my peers had everything we needed to take care of the business that we needed to do while we were here. Please take some time to get to know the staff too. Tim, who works the night shift, is one of the most intriguing and interesting men to talk too with a world knowledge to share that you find yourself forgetting your food and just want to lesson. He always is there to greet you when you come down in morning and has the morning breakfast hot and ready to eat. Elizabeth, always smiling and will drop what she is doing just to help you out to make sure that you have everything you need; plus, she bakes great chocolate cookies. And do not forget the cleaning staff, again please take the time to talk to them and thank them for they clean the hotel from top to bottom everyday and they do an immaculate job.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Robert,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review! It was a pleasure having you stay with us and become part of our Holiday Inn Express Family! Thank you for your very kind words about our staff, I will be sure to relay the message to each and every one of them. We can’t wait to see you again in the new year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My husband and I travel together, so I'm getting a bit tired of hotels with big rooms and tiny bathrooms. The door is SO in the way, and it's very difficult for 2 people to be in there at the same time. The sinks were low too...it's just an old fashioned bathroom, even though the rooms have been "updated" with new carpet, granite counters, etc. Towels were not soft and neither were the paper products.
Wi-fi wasn't real strong. Breakfast was typical. Did appreciate the whole wheat bagels and yogurt.
Debbie was very nice at check-in. The place was clean, other than minor cosmetic repairs. All in all, not bad for $82 + tax, but that bathroom issue is enough to make me look elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ilive4sun
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you, ilive4sun, for your review. We strive to receive 100% satisfaction from every guest and disheartened to hear that we fell short with your stay. It is reviews like yours that will allow us to continue growing and working on becoming #1 in your eyes!

I will relay your review to the proper team members to discuss possible future renovations. Thank you again for staying with us and we are delighted to hear the Debbie stood out for you during your stay. We do hope that in your future travels you will stop back in!
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 December 2013

clean, affordable, and breakfast was great. Elizabeth the front desk clerk made the best chocolate cookies and was EXTREMELY helpful with directions and local attraction advice. I've stayed here several times for business and would definitely stay here for personal now that i've stayed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
WOW! Thank you for your great review. Elizabeth will be ecstatic to hear that you enjoy the cookies so much, we feel that they are just another way of making you feel at home. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We are all seasoned travellers. On this particular trip, we stayed at four different hotels. Two were Holiday Inn Expresses, one a Crowne Plaza and one was a Fairfield Inn. We had great experiences at the other three but this one was most disappointing. In fact, this one also cost $30 more for the night than the most expensive of the other three. The toilet in our room was loose on the floor so, when using it, it felt like there was an earthquake going on as your throne floated this way and that, The spout in the bathroom was also not attahced to the wall and there was at least a half inch gap between the spout and the wall. There was no night table or lamp on one side of the bed which meant that I had to get out of bed to turn off the light and to put my glasses and book down somewhere else. Scruffy and ill-equipped is the best way to describe the room. Our friends across the hall turned on the heat in their room and immediately after, a strong burning smell filled the room causing our friend to spend the night coughing and feeling ill. The usual Holiday Inn Express breakfast was on offer but the pancake machine was out of order (no big deal usually but another bit of frustration). On exiting the hotel, I tried to go out the back door (marked as a fire door as well as a regular exit to the back of the building where our car was parked) and found the door solidly closed (not sure if it was locked or just very stiff - but this could definitely pose a problem in an emergency.) I had to go all the way around the building to get to the car. Front desk staff were helpful and friendly, however, when our friend and I complained about the issues in our rooms, the clerk stated that a number of people who had stayed on our floor had complained about the same issues and assured us that when the manager arrived, a reduction in our rate would be applied for the inconvenience we experienced. As you might imagine, that was the last we heard from the hotel. No compensation whatsoever was forthcoming. My recommendation would be that you drive another few miles and find another hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marilyn L
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you, Marilyn L for your review and your concerns. We appreciate any and all feedback as it only helps us to improve. I would like to find out some more information regarding your stay. It is difficult for me to look up information without having exact dates. I do want to touch on the exit doors in the hotel. The side doors are key accessed going in and out, however in the case of an emergency, they are on a magnet and the magnet releases. That closes the doors to the elevator and opens the remaining doors. Again, I would love to speak to you directly. The phone number to the hotel is 770-989-0071 or you can contact me via email at hiexpress.reservation@gmail.com . Thank you for staying with us and I do hope to hear from you soon.
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I have been staying here on and off over the past month and the staff at this Holiday Inn is incredibly accommodating and attentive to every detail. Tim, who works at night, would even have a cart sitting at my door every morning so that I would not have to come down and get one. If you have the time while eating breakfast, take a minute to get to know Tim. He is an incredible person to learn about. Elizabeth made sure that anything my crew or I needed was taken care of immediately. She even made us some cookies in the evenings. Folks I travel extensive all year and this hotel by far ranks with the best of all hotels I have ever stayed at! The cleanliness is absolute. These young ladies scrub every room every time. Just stand back and watch how hard those women work!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jay D
It was a pleasure having you become part of our Holiday Inn Express family! Thank you so much for your extremely kind words regarding our staff and I promise to relay the message to everyone. While most people are sleeping, Tim and our other night auditors are hard at work. They truly enjoy hearing kind words such as yours! Housekeeping can sometimes be overlooked unless something is wrong so THANK YOU for acknowledging their hard work. We hope you see you again soon but if not, safe travels!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 November 2013

stay was wonderful. debie at the front counter was friendly and great dealing with check in issue. continental breckfast was great. i would stay here again. the stay makes me want to stay at holiday inns on future trips.

• Stayed November 2013
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
What a great review! Thank you so much for your kind words about Debbie! We love to hear when guests want to join our IHG family and we can’t wait to see you again soon!
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The staff is great..Will definitely be staying with holiday inn express again.. rooms were very clean beds are very comfortable just like staying at my own home and food was great..staff was friendly and accommodating and hotel is in a good location..

• Stayed November 2013
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you so much, jessketchum85! What a wonderful compliment, your promise to return. We are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful encounter with our staff members and that you enjoyed the beds and breakfast so much. Thank you again and we can't wait to see you soon!