“Don't let other reviews sway you- and I am picky!”

Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Appleton, United States
“Don't let other reviews sway you- and I am picky!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This hotel was great. The entire staff was very helpful and polite. Other reviews said there is not much to do in the area of the hotel, to the contrary, there is a great little town of Marietta Square less than 3 miles from the hotel. I had a car but, I believe the shuttle will take you there. In that area there are local and chain coffee shops and restaurants. the furniture in the room was a bit dated but, not beat-up.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

DuaneSherman-GM, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Stephanie R,

Thank you for the kind review. We agree that there's plenty to do in and around Marietta....hiking on the 18 miles of trails at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park, the shops on Marietta Square only a mile away or golf just steps away at the City Club. Stone Mountain, World of Coke and the Georgia Aquarium are just short rides away. Thanks for letting us serve you during your stay. Until next time,

Safe Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Richmond, United States
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Hotel is in a great location and has great sized rooms. However the lobby bar/restaurant was extraordinarily inadequate. The food tasted bland and out of a can and the bartender/server spent more time away from the bar than behind the bar. I ended up getting pringles later that night from the market.

Dear Candace B,

We appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us in the Pub. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and I regret we did not fulfill that promise. Your feedback will help us improve. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences and hopefully we will have another chance to serve you in the future. Thank you once again for your comments.
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I was one of the lucky ones at the beginning of the snow storm this week who decided early to stay the night at the Hilton Hotel and Conference Ctr. in Marietta instead of taking my chances on the icy roads of Atlanta. Although the hotel was booked, the staff worked feverishly calling & verifying reservations for the evening so they could free up rooms for those of us who were stranded and could not make it home. During the next 2 days, I witnessed a dedicated staff who cared for the well-being of their customers and all random acts of kindness from the front desk staff, housekeeping, kitchne/restaurant help, bar area, and doorman. While sitting in the lobby area, I was offered a washcloth and soap to freshen up. I believe this staff thought I was one of those who spent the night in the lobby (I was able to get a room the first night of arrival and extend it a second night). While in the lobby talking on my cell phone, a staff offered me coffee and ask if I needed anything. I saw Duane Sherman, the General Manager, going around the lobby, front desk and bar/restaurant talking and making sure the customers were taken care of. I was fortunate to meet Betsy, the Regional Manager who stayed the next 2 nights (or longer) to help support her staff. Perhaps, the best story heard was 4 housekeeping staff walked together from their homes in the morning of the second day of the snow storm braving a mile or more walk to work...now, that's dedication! Thank you all for your excellent customer service, caring attitudes and professionalism. You made my stay warm and enjoyable. I look forward to many future stays with Hilton..

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
DuaneSherman-GM, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear RMB60,

Thank you so much for the kind review and thank you also for staying with us and your patience during this extraordinary time. I could not be prouder of the staff here. As you noted, they rose to the occasion. I must also note, for those that read these reviews, we had guests go above and beyond also. They shared rooms, rides and friendship with total strangers. There's a lot of negative news nowadays, including with this event....but it never ceases to happen that everyone rises together in times of trouble. Thank you to all!
Nashville, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The staff working the front desk were wonderful. They seem to really love serving people and making the experience a pleasure. My room, however, smelled like cigarette smoke at times, and I could hear everything my neighbors said at normal volume as well as the hallway.

Dear Fawn B,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our property. While I am disappointed that you had some negative experiences with noise and cigarette smell, I am heartened that our staff service was a bright spot. Perhaps your travels will bring you back to Marietta for a future stay and if so, we look forward to another chance to serve you. Until then,

Safe travels!
Macon, United States
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Nice hotel. Located on a busy street but seems like you are miles away from the city. Quiet and peacefull. I would stay again if I am in the area. Being a Hilton Honors member I was upgraded to a suite and this was a nice gesture giving the fact I was only staying one night. The bar staff was extremely nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

DuaneSherman-GM, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Chad G,

Thanks for the great review! We're glad to be a part of your travels and agree that the property is a great little gem...not far from the highway and downtown Marietta, but with the feel of a secluded resort next to the golf course. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Until then, safe travels!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Every detail of our stay was complete perfection. The customer service was phenomenal. Everyone was so kind and helpful, thinking of what we wanted before we did. The rooms were beautiful, the hotel was stunning. Be sure to request a Golf Course view overlooking Kennesaw and Lost Mountains. The course was challenging and only $48 to ride 18 holes. The pub is a great little hot spot; the food (room service included) was top notch - especially the Ribeye Steak. We never wanted to leave the room. The Hilton made everything about our trip special!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

DuaneSherman-GM, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you so much for the great review. We really do appreciate it. Even more, we appreciate having the opportunity to serve you, whether in the Pub or at breakfast. Until we get the next opportunity to serve you,

Safe Travels!
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 9 January 2014

There was a problem with reservations and person handling the problem was very rude and did not follow through with what was promised. Manager was also flippant. There was a show involved and none of the seats were together as promised also.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

DuaneSherman-GM, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Melanie S,

I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with regarding the ticket and seating placement. Unfortunately, this was under the control of the venue and not us. However, exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and we should be able to present this information to you in a professional manner that assures you feel respected, even if the resolution is out of our control. Please know your feedback will help us improve. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you once again for your comments.