“Horrible Experience”

Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had reservations for this property. When our first property fell through (see horrible review of Emabassy Kennesaw) I called to see if we could just go a day earlier than our reservations and said we were willing to take whatever. I finally got the night manager, Alondro ? (Not sure of spelling)...I asked him if our reservations to come in that night (I had dealt with some questionable Hilton reps on the phone and I was calling to make sure it was confirmed before we drove out there). He told me 3 times he had nothing and I had no reservation and then he put me on hold one more time and then found my reservation. They only had 2 rooms that early night (we had booked 3 rooms for our original 3 day stay). I told him we would take the 2 rooms and then move into our 3 king rooms the next day (mind you, I had booked the king rooms in advance and were confirmed). This is where it gets bad. He informed me, he could not guarantee we would get our 3 King rooms the next day (of our confirmed in advance original reservations). He told me they never guarantee room type. I was like, really?I choose king beds, golfview when I made the original reservations and that is what I would expect. He said that may or may not happen and asked someone weren't they sold out of king rooms? He got a huge attitude. Once he started this I knew this was not a property I wanted to take my family too. I am huge on customer service. I asked him to cancel all of my reservations, he got an attitude said he couldn't without a penalty. I told him I wanted them canceled with no penalty and he said he would have to wait and see what he could do. Honestly, I am a Hilton Honors member for 14 years and I have never had a manager or any hotel staff member treat me like this over the phone. Maybe he had a bad day but I would never stay here again strictly because of this. I booked everything through the Hilton site and through my Honors account , all with conformations. Again, it was exactly as if the Seinfeld car rental episode was playing out before me. Do you know the point of a reservation? Our trip to Atlanta and Hilton properties, has been horrible thus far. Maybe I need to switch loyalty brands.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SmurfySmurfette80
DuaneSherman-GM, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear SmurfySmurfette80,

Please accept my apologies for your negative experience with us. There is no excuse for it. I have messaged you separately to obtain additional information so that the appropriate steps can be taken to resolve this matter to your satisfaction. Thank you for being a loyal Hilton guest in the past and please do not allow this to deter you from utilizing the Hilton family of hotels in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The stay was excellent--after you check-in - they offer an 'early check-in' option, but upon arriving early, (after I called that morning to verify that I could arrive early), we had to wait about an hour and a half to get our room. I even overheard the general manager telling the front desk to charge me for it. The front desk worker promptly took it off my bill and quickly checked me in. The room was wonderful and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel, but do not count on an early check-in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is on a beautiful golf course. Having my morning cup of coffee or a glass of wine in the evening on the veranda was really nice. Downtown Marietta (only a few blocks away) has great restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed on the way to Florida. The hotel is very pretty outside and in the lobby area. The rooms are pretty standard nothing fancy. Beds were very comfortable as well as pillows. The reason I rated it 3 is because of cleanliness. The room had cherry pits on the floor, one area was sticky from something that must have been spilled. The bathroom drain did not work leaving me in standing water after being in the shower for only a few minutes. The towels had stains all over them and the bath products were already used and half empty. I feel a hotel like this should have done a much better job cleaning and caring for the hotel. We had two rooms and both had similar issues. The hotel smells very damp throughout as well. Staff was very polite and friendly. We had breakfast in the morning. I had the continental which was pretty simple had an array of fruit, pastries, meats and cheeses. Felt it was satisfactory. A few touch ups and the place could be really fantastic.

Stayed: July 2014
DuaneSherman-GM, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear SMM2518,

Thank you for posting your review and more importantly, for staying with us. While we generally get great comments (and scores) for our housekeeping, we obviously did not deliver at the level we expect of ourselves and that you deserve. Please accept my apologies. Please know that we will learn from your feedback and endeavor to continually improve. Thanks again.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel is old and cooly characteristic, as can be expected. We were there for a wedding and the gardens/venue were absolutely stunning, and staff was fantastic to use for the ceremony. The room type that we requested and had confirmed was not the room type we were put in upon arrival, but once I contacted the front desk, we were moved immediately and they were very cordial. There were several events going on at the hotel during our weekend stay and they seemed to all run smoothly without interfering. My one other complaint would just be other guests - let's please try to remember that we are in public when we are in hotels, I didn't need to hear the details of anyone else's personal life but apparently the guests staying near us wanted to shout about their lives in the hallway at midnight after clearly a little too much indulgence. Come on, people, pull yourselves together, grab some water and an aspirin and call it a night so the rest of us can get some sleep.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This place is beautiful from the front gate all the way to your room. The rooms are immaculately clean. Room service food is excellent. The hotel is pet friendly. You will not be sorry you booked here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed there again, 20 rooms ,, traveling baseball team, also traveling with my 91 year old mother. In contrast to last year, the hotel and staff were exceptional in every way. Rooms are exceptionally clean, staff very accommodating, pool was great, golf course great, even giving some players (18 yr old baseball team) a raincheck when they werent required to do so,,, front desk was great as was the housekeeping staff. Thank you for a trouble free fun experience,, We will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends