Hometown Inn Marietta
US$137
US$170
US$155
  • Pool
Quality Inn Marietta(Marietta)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$76
US$68
US$54
US$46
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2011

It's a shame, because for the price, the rooms aren't as bad as you'd expect, and the kitchens are pretty well equipped with no deposit or draconian staff as you'd find in places like Inn Town Suites.

However, we were already robbed $120 on our second day, and the lingering greedy stares from the permanent tenants eyeing your car from the moment you arrive makes me so nervous I upped my comprehensive coverage. The physical property is okay, but the stench of urine from tenants willfully urinating on their doormats is disgusting. I heard a man walk in saying he represented a lawyer and three recently released clients were going to need a room that evening.

Too bad. Stay away.

The $5 internet is sparatic and barely works.

Room Tip: Hire an armed guard
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank raproducer
Reviewed 26 June 2010

To order a non-smoking room and open the door to choke from smoke fumes was just the beginning. Severely allergic to smoke fumes even if not fresh. Eyes teared up, throat started closing, had to turn up the air, open the windows and take my medicine. Continuing on to the filthy carpet with staines, dirt, and crumbs Everywhere! To open the kitchenette cabinet and find roaches darting out at me was a disaster! I don't have roaches at home and don't plan on taking them with me!!! Lights blew out, 1 out of 2 stove burners worked. Place HAD to be bleached and scrubbed from top to bottom. Disgusting hair balls acted as a stopper in the bathtub! To finally get a nights rest and find I was not alone! Awakened to nasty little bed bug bites and was fully clothed! What a night!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank thersmith
Reviewed 13 April 2010

The room smelled like rank smoke, people fighting in parking lot had to call police
People who I take it live there begging for money, People knocking on doors all night long. just horrible, very scarry. We had left an item in room when we left very early next morning called Manager he said he would hold it for us, until we could pick up next week
he is as unreliable as the rest of the motel. Dont stay here!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MichiganLeigh
Reviewed 15 February 2010

My sister-in-law was having a baby late February 12th/early February 13th at Kennestone Hospital. We needed to be there for the birth, but had just gotten a snow storm and we concerned that the roads between Kennestone and our home in downtown Atlanta would be impassible late at night. So, we decided to look for a pet-friendly hotel close to the hospital so that we would be able to take care of our dog and hopefully have a place to sleep other than the hospital waiting room.

Hometown Inn was the closest hotel to the hospital (about .8 miles away) and they accepted dogs. The rate was good (somewhere around $40 for the night - plus $25 for the dog). So, I called to make a reservation. I believe I spoke with the manager. He told me that I didn't need to make reservation and to just give him my name and he'd save a room for us, but that he only had rooms with two double beds, which was fine. We arrive at the hotel, and the manager didn't recall speaking with me 3 hours earlier. However, he did have a room. The guy who checked us in appeared annoyed that we were there, but I really don't care about stuff like that. Just give me keys, tell me where the room is and I'm fine.

First indication that this place was trouble was the collection of drunks roaming around the hotel. It quickly became apparent to us that this was not a traditional hotel for travelers, but an extended stay complex. Our room was on the third floor. As we made our way past a number of thugs who were bouncing from room to room with bottles of liquor and yelling though the door we noticed a disgusting smell of rotting mexican food. The source was a large 40 gallon trashcan that was overflowing with small milk containers, ground beef, refried beans, and possibly vomit located approximately 6 feet from the door to our room. The room was average size with a small kitchenette. It was actually tidy, but there were a number of bad stains on the floor matting which was passing as carpet and a couple cigarrette burn holes in the quilt on top of the bed.

We quickly went inside with our dog. It was approximately 30 degrees outside, but the heat had not been turned on in the room for who know how long. So, we turned on the wall unit heater while we tried to eat the food that we had picked up on the way while wearing our coats and hats. The heater was only blowing luke warm air, but by the time we left it was probably around 55 degrees and slowly getting warmer. So, we decided it would be OK to leave our dog there while we went to the hospital.

I went down to the car to get the dog a bone to chew while we were gone. I decided that I would move the car to the stairwell closest to our room to avoid having to walk with my pregnant wife through the narrow outside hallways past the drunks who appeared ready to shoot eachother at any minute. I moved the car to the best place I could find and was about to get out when I noticed 3 unleashed pitbulls roaming about and accompanied by a guy in a plain white t-shirt carrying a bottle of beer. Not interested in taking the chance that one of these dogs would attack my wife as we tried to go to the car, I figured we'd be better off taking our chances with the thugs from the other way. Moved my car back to the original parking place and walked back up the stairs. Some guy whose eyes were barely open and rolled halfway back into his head tries to pick a fight with me. Not sure if he was just drunk or on some other drugs, but he was made absolutely no sense.

Picked up my wife from the room. Went to the hospital to wait for the baby. Sister-in-law gave birth at around 3 AM. At this point the roads were covered in ice, but given the short distance to the hotel and the fact that they wouldn't be any better by 7 AM when we absolutely had to be back for the dog, we made our way back to the hotel. Luckily, at 3:45 AM, the "party" had pretty much died down.

The room was surprisingly warm when we got there. Maybe things were looking up. However, that quickly went away when we pulled back the main quilt to see it had several blood stains. In addition, we found 4 or 5 dead lady bugs in the sheets. We would have left, only the roads were so bad that we couldn't. We were trapped until the roads improved the next morning. We finally turned off the lights at 4:30 AM.

We were awoken at around 7:45 AM by one of the other "guests" who decided to recount the story of how he "was so [--]up last night" and "he couldn't believe all the S he did". I did a quick examination of the parking lot at 10:00 and it looked OK. So, we left. Check out was as friendly as check-in. But, again, who cares, just get me out of here.

Bottom line: Do not stay here unless you absolutely have no other choice. It is convenient to the hospital, the room was fairly tidy, and it was cheap. But there are other hotels that aren't that much farther away and saving 20 bucks isn't worth the safety and sanitation risks that this place presents.

To the management: You seriously need to: a) hire 24 hour security guards; b) take out the trash; and c) purchase new linens. You should: a) consider replacing the "carpet" and b) taking a lesson in customer relations.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AtlantaJackson
Reviewed 2 December 2009

I left the same night I arrived after a roach crawled up the wall in the shower. Worn, old, and dirty furnishings were also a factor. I have stayed in motels that were much nicer. The lady that greeted me wore slippers, shorts and a head scarf. Three floors and NO elevators. Put $10 per night on whatever you might pay to stay here and go ANYWHERE else. RUN!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends