“National Church Of God By Faith Convention At the Hyatt In Atlanta”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Newark, New Jersey
“National Church Of God By Faith Convention At the Hyatt In Atlanta”
Reviewed 25 December 2012

My stay in December 19-23 2012 was very enjoyable the manager Regina,Betty and Monica was very helpfull and I really enjoy my room as well. All My needs was supply while I was there. I did take my own pot and pan but theirs was nice as mine I could have left my home.I cooked the whole time while I was there and the stove top work very good, All lights worked as well. I told one of the ministers son and other pastors and they said that they will think about staying next year when The Convention starts in December 2013 if its theLords will. Keep up the good work staff and thank you, may God continue to bless your business.

Sister Joanne Williams

Room Tip: the first floor location was great
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Joanne W
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We stayed at the Extended Stay America Hotel in Marietta, Ga. Windy Hill & Leland . We were given 2 smoking rooms and we are non smokers, we talk to the front desk person Rooseline Destines about giving us non smoking rooms there were no other rooms at this hotel or any of the sister hotel because of the july 4th weekend, she promise us she would do every thing she could to get us a non smoking rooms, we left to go to dinner and she had gotten us 2 non smoking rooms. she went out of her way to make our stay wonderful. The rooms were clean, and fully equipped with what suppose to be in the rooms. We would recommend this hotel .

Thanks
J & B Jones of Dallas, Texas

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and the staff. While I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am disheartened to know that it began with a smoking room when that was not requested. For that, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available, unfortunately in your circumstance the hotel was sold out and there was a lack of availability. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This was my first experience with an Extended Stay America. I was under the impression all hotels who had fully equipped kitchens and lower prices were over ran by contractors and large families who stayed by the months. Don't ask. I pleaded with my sister to find another hotel, needless to say my sister reserved the room. I'm happy she did!!! The room just felt warm and inviting. We only stayed for a night but I could have stayed for more. The kitchen area was clean; the dishes were well kept and ready for use. The beds were nicely made and the sheets appeared sanitary, no appearance of bed bugs. The bathroom was blend but clean. We didn't have any problems with staff. When we came in later in the night around 1 pm, I didn't see any hotel staff. I'm not sure if late night quest check in is an option, it just looked CLOSED.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Staysea T
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.
Harleysville
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stayed at this location several times between March and May. Each stay was for 5 nights. My impression was that it was clean, the rooms were well laid out and the staff were helpful and courteous.

The rooms include a full size refrigerator and a range top along with a microwave. If you plan to cook anything on the range top it might be a good idea to pick up a cheap pots and pans set at the nearby WalMart.

Supermarkets (Kroger and Publix) are about 10 minutes away. There are a lot of fast food outlets close by and a nice Boston Market over on Powers Ferry Road.

There is a gas station and convenience store within walking distance. There is easy access to the major roads, but you will hear traffic noise all of the time.

There are two much nicer "Extended Stay Deluxe" properties close by but keep in mind that these will cost you at least 50% more.

Based on my experiences I would stay at this location again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms at each end of the building have an extra window.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Captain2ID
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The staff are terrible. They DO NOTHING and sit around all day. At night they have their "friends" use the washers and dryers that the hotel normally uses to wash the sheets to wash their personal belongings! Its trashy. I had BEDBUGS in the room i was staying in. I switched rooms, doing so I also moved into a room with more bedbugs. My children were getting bit by them at night. One morning I had to go to Kroger at 4am and get Calamine lotion because it was so bad. One evening I even found the bed bug on my pillow. I immediately took the bedbug to the from desk. THEY STILL SAID I HAD TO TAKE MY KIDS TO THE HOSPITAL AND PROVE THAT THEY WERE BEDBUG BITES TO GET COMPENSATED FOR MY STAY. These people are LAZY, RIDICULOUS, and DON'T CARE ABOUT THE HOTEL OR THEIR CUSTOMERS!

Room Tip: The rooms have bedbugs.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank bianca S
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

The resurgence of bed bugs is not just a challenge for hotels, but also a challenge for the transportation industry and all types of accommodations where the population is in transit. With the increase in movement of luggage in airports and other high volume areas, these insects are brought in many times by the guests, even to luxury resorts, cruise ships and hospitals.

I am truly sorry to read of your misfortune. We are complimented daily on our service, cleanliness, and amenities so I take your concerns very, very seriously. Your comments will be fully researched and all findings will be acted upon swiftly and accordingly. My management team is committed to meeting and exceeding our guests’ expectations and appreciates any opportunity to bring our well established, dedicated level of service even higher. Becoming America’s number one family of extended stay hotels has given us the opportunity to welcome millions of valued patrons, like you, into our nearly 700 properties across North America. Our continued success is based on the simple belief that we reached that achievement one guest at a time. It’s a process I believe symbolizes our pledge to provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable prices. It’s always an honor to hear from our guests when we are doing a good job, but it’s a privilege to hear from a guest who cares enough to want us to do it even better.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I've in approximately 20 Extended Stay and Extended Stay Deluxe locations over the last six years.

This hotel appears to be newly renovated and is the best one I've stayed in so far. The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were new. The older woman who checked me in was extremely nice and helpful. However, I couldn't give the hotel staff 100% because the woman who checked me out was indifferent and seemed to care less about how I felt about the hotel.

The hotel is also located about 1/4 of a mile off the interstate and near the mall cheap fast food restaurants and more expensive restaurant. The hotel has a kitchen and Publix and Kroger are less than 5 minutes away.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelingLawyer2011
Michigan
Reviewed 14 March 2010

The staff were friendly enough and quite helpful. However the place is run down and there are some really questionable goings on in there. The elevators were filthy and the hallways reaked of cigarette smoke.
My room looked clean enough but the bed was uncomfortable and the blanket had holes and rips in it. The towels were so scratchy I had to buy my own. And the bedspread...I won't even go there.
Run the other way is what I would recommend.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank marina0307
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Atlanta / Marietta and Banquet Hall
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Quality Inn Marietta
Quality Inn Marietta
#6 of 33 in Marietta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy
Days Inn Marietta-Atlanta-Delk Road

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill? Share your experiences!