“Good Business Decision with a budget in mind!”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Clean, Organized, Valued Priced, It could use some updating. Right for the money. You get what you pay. Staff is friendly and accommodating with what they have to work. Ask for Non-Smoking Floor as some floors are split between smoking and non. Ask for an away from Elevator room, otherwise it will be noise at all hours. If you are a neat and obsessed with having to recycle your towels, bedding and pillow covers you are in the wrong place. No Plush nor terry cloth! These are essentials clean sheets, towels and room, desk and good wi-fi. A good value for your money!

Room Tip: Ask for Non-Smoking Floor, room away from elevator. First Floor allows pets, Second Floor is complet...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This property is in dire need of updating and could use a good cleaning as well. The furnishings were falling apart. Had we not had a pet with us we would have gone to another hotel. The noise coming from the second flood and creepy room kept me up all night. could not wait to get out of there as early as possible. Run.....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Belle98765
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was disheartened to read your description of our room and hotel. Please accept our apologies. To uphold our company's high standards, we will review the condition of the furniture in the rooms with a keener eye moving forward.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please feel free to contact me directly, at mlander@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I think it's a bit much to give it a poor rating, though I honestly debated doing so. This hotel is a hit-&-miss in several areas. I go over the pros & cons:

Pros
*close to...stuff. it's literally seconds/minutes away from major retailers, businesses, restaurants, clubs, etc.
*Inexpensive. You can find a coupon code or a deal usually all the time with this hotel chain.
*Very friendly staff. They are always nice & go out of their way to make sure you feel welcome.
*Cable TV with Showtime; free WiFi.
*Roomy; two desks with chairs plus a long arm chair.

Cons
*Some units have a weird smell. Mine was one of those.
*No hot water. Maybe I have a different "body temperature threshold" but the water was lukewarm, at best. There are moments when it gets hotter, but. Still not hot enough.
*I feel like my room isn't...clean. Like, it's clean but I feel like it's one of those "just-spruce-some-stuff-up-and-change-the-towels" clean. There was some kind of...stuff on the bathroom floor, like pieces of the counter? The freezer could be cleaner.
*They left no pots in my room. At all. I know we're supposed to have them because in my friends' room there are plenty. So obviously there's a lack of detail when it comes to checking the rooms.

It's not the worst hotel ever, but you could do better. If you don't mind that stuff above, it's perfect for just crashing & eating when you're not out & about. I don't think I'll ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Be aware that a lot of younger people like me & families use this hotel. Noise is gonna happen...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

First let me thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. I do apologize for the issues in your room. In regards to the lack of pots and pans and the room not being cleaned to your expectations. Let me assure you that if any of this was mentioned to myself of the staff we would have taken the time to remedy the situation immediately as our biggest concern is our guest comfort and satisfaction. I'm sorry if we did not meet your expectations and I will work closely with my staff so that we don't run into these issues again. We are working to improve our brand on a daily basis. Thank you so much for the kind words in regards to the staff. There is nothing more rewarding than staff recognition from our guest. We want to make sure that we are providing the best customer service to each and every one of our guest.

Again thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your time.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The room was gross. The smell was terrible, it was dirty, faucets were corroded, sheets and towels were stained. The floor had debris all over it and the toilet appeared to have fecal matter still in it. This was the second worst experience I've ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

First let me apologize for your unpleasant experience at our hotel. The conditions you stated were displeasing as well as disappointing. We strive to provide a pleasant home away from home experience and I'm sorry that we failed at that mission during your stay. I really hoped that we would have been alerted to these issues and I assure you that would have been taken care of speedily. We work together to try and provide service above and beyond guest expectations. Concerning the issues that you mentioned, they have been corrected immediately.

Thanks again for completing our survey and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Ordered a non smoking room, smelled terrible in there, ashes all over window sill. Overall cleanliness was BAD! Glad we brought our own cookware and paper plates/disposable flatware. No housekeeping... Tried to charge more than confirmed when booked (they did adjust to correct price after we protested). Would not recommend this hotel to anyone we know.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here - if the lobby smells, good chance the room will too.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The condition of your room is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is working on a plan to inspect all rooms for maintenance issues and have them corrected prior to our guests checking in. As well, I am working with our maintenance staff to eliminate the odor and am reviewing our reservation check-in procedures with our front desk staff to ensure these issues are not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at mlander@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We booked this room for the kitchenette for the week. First concern was that they had steel bars they pull across desk at night and the glass was etched with dirt. Looked like it had never been cleaned. Hallways reeked of smoke and marijuana. People hang out at the desk area, so if your on the first floor, expect to hear loud talking and carrying on until early morning hours. Toilet seats looked old and worn. Blankets did not cover the top of the bed. Looked to be twin size instead of full. Staff did not seem pleased when I asked for more so we could cover up. The burners on the stove top do not fit so one entire side of the pan is lopsided when trying to cook. There is no oven. Just a cooktop. After I completed the standard survey, I received a call but every complaint was rebutted with " it clearly states on our website".... Everyone was pleasant but Don't call me to sound concerned if you are not willing to fix it. I originally had reservations at another chain for a similar price but switched in order to have a kitchenette. And another party booked with me. Quite ashamed of my suggestion to change. Do not take your family to this place.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The conditions you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I will be working with the staff to address the issues outlined in your review. As well, please know, we do not condone illegal behavior of any kind. With that in mind, we take your comments very seriously and will take action as needed.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at mlander@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

If you are just looking for a place to sleep this is a great hotel. The room was spacious and clean. The beds are very firm. My only complain is the smoke smell in the room, hallways, and entrance. Basically everywhere! The grab and go breakfast was pretty good. They had oatmeal as well as oatmeal bars, granola bars, and fresh apples and oranges. Didn't expect fresh fruit so this was a nice surprise. All of the staff we interacted with was friendly and helpful. It is an older hotel so it does appear to need a few cosmetic repairs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that there was a smoke smell present in your room. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to overcome that issue and make your experience a positive one.