“Customer service prevails...”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Due to a relocation to Atlanta from South Florida, I found myself overwhelmed, shopping in a large housing market in the greater Atlanta area. There are hundreds of great neighborhoods and properties to choose from.

To alleviate any unnecessary stress, my family and I decided to stay at a different Extended Stay America every two weeks, starting in Duluth, then Marietta, where we are now. This way, we could have some time to experience local hospitality, shopping, traffic, etc.

After 2 weeks here at the Marietta - Windy Hill location, we decided to stay longer (yesterday was 60 days). My feeling was while the property would benefit from installing a fitness center or a pool, the team at Windy Hill make up for it in customer service. In fact, my wife and I have decided to stay here until our apartment is ready in 10 days (total stay - 70 days). In other words, they EARNED the business.

Kudos to Blaise (Manager), Jacqueline, Candace, Brittney, Nebile, and the rest of the team!!!

My family and I appreciate the hospitality your team has extended us, and most importantly, for making our relocation to Atlanta, a little bit easier. My recently renovated room was very comfortable.

Note: Sign up online for "suite offers"...i receive 15%, 17%, 20% off 1-90 day stays fairly regularly.

Could not rate "excellent" due to lack of facilities. ESA: the property itself needs additional investment; I recommend converting a room to a fitness center or converting some rooms to the larger 1 bedroom suites offered at other properties. Rooms and corridors are clean and very quiet. As a Sales Manager for the last 15 years, I appreciate the levels of service here; much better than expected.

Room Tip: Make sure you communicate your needs to the team; all rooms have kitchenettes and many have recently...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

David - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It's great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality customer service provided by our staff. As well, I'm glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable and quiet room. Still, I apologize for our lack of a fitness center at this time. Your suggestions will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope you will stay at our hotel or any of our other brand locations in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Very good for price and accommodations-
the front lobby staff very nice and courteous- Thank you Rochelle for your kindness. my room was good and clean- hotel was quiet during my one night stay- bed was very confortable- Breakfast "on the go" was already ready when I left at 5:52am. Very convenient for business traveler like me. parking very nice - location was easy to find - nice front lobby - cleanliness good - OVERALL this Extended stay of America was very good for price/accommodations. I will definitely stay again in the near future ( maybe next week) depending on prices.
OF NOTE: this is a review base on the price versus accommodations/cleanliness for low budget travelers like me who stay at various hotels every weekends- I am very observant and critical and like clean hotels, especially when sensitive to smelly /smoky hotels. I also read all reviews of prior travelers. I will put this hotel in my list to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Remi B
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Textured ceiling falling off, shower curtain rod bent and nearly falling off wall (they fixed this), counter top de-laminating, back splash dripping grease and a black hair (not mine) in the refrigeration. They ran out of coffee for the rooms and did not get any in during my 3 day stay. You get the picture. Stayed here February 22-25, 2014

Room Tip: do not bother
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JanandCaptainRob
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I am not too keen on sharing my stay with critters in the kitchen. I returned to my room at 10 pm and discovered a colony of roaches dead/alive underneath the kitchen sink. I was completely appalled and when I called down to the front desk the attendant said that "there was nothing he could do about it". I was completely angered at the fact that he didn't even move me to another room. I slept in paranoia with the lights ON and immediately checked out the next morning with only half a refund. the attendant at the front desk was different from the one I spoke with and apologetic and I accepted, but I will NOT return to this hotel. I noticed that my room sits across from the trash room and I opened the door only to realize a pile of trash had not been taken out yet. I took pictures of this just in case if there was any dispute to receiving a refund. I've been to other extended stay hotels but never have I had an experience such as this one! This was completely unacceptable. There was also an incredibly foul odor on the day of my arrival, and a huge wooden crate sat in front of the elevator door which was also odd and dangerous.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank ally m
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Ally - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you this is not the norm and we are addressing the situation. It is our goal to provide a comfortable place for our guests to stay, so we will be striving to improve our services so we can continue do so moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at mrt@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Clean, Organized, Valued Priced, It could use some updating. Right for the money. You get what you pay. Staff is friendly and accommodating with what they have to work. Ask for Non-Smoking Floor as some floors are split between smoking and non. Ask for an away from Elevator room, otherwise it will be noise at all hours. If you are a neat and obsessed with having to recycle your towels, bedding and pillow covers you are in the wrong place. No Plush nor terry cloth! These are essentials clean sheets, towels and room, desk and good wi-fi. A good value for your money!

Room Tip: Ask for Non-Smoking Floor, room away from elevator. First Floor allows pets, Second Floor is complet...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This property is in dire need of updating and could use a good cleaning as well. The furnishings were falling apart. Had we not had a pet with us we would have gone to another hotel. The noise coming from the second flood and creepy room kept me up all night. could not wait to get out of there as early as possible. Run.....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Belle98765
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was disheartened to read your description of our room and hotel. Please accept our apologies. To uphold our company's high standards, we will review the condition of the furniture in the rooms with a keener eye moving forward.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please feel free to contact me directly, at mlander@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I think it's a bit much to give it a poor rating, though I honestly debated doing so. This hotel is a hit-&-miss in several areas. I go over the pros & cons:

Pros
*close to...stuff. it's literally seconds/minutes away from major retailers, businesses, restaurants, clubs, etc.
*Inexpensive. You can find a coupon code or a deal usually all the time with this hotel chain.
*Very friendly staff. They are always nice & go out of their way to make sure you feel welcome.
*Cable TV with Showtime; free WiFi.
*Roomy; two desks with chairs plus a long arm chair.

Cons
*Some units have a weird smell. Mine was one of those.
*No hot water. Maybe I have a different "body temperature threshold" but the water was lukewarm, at best. There are moments when it gets hotter, but. Still not hot enough.
*I feel like my room isn't...clean. Like, it's clean but I feel like it's one of those "just-spruce-some-stuff-up-and-change-the-towels" clean. There was some kind of...stuff on the bathroom floor, like pieces of the counter? The freezer could be cleaner.
*They left no pots in my room. At all. I know we're supposed to have them because in my friends' room there are plenty. So obviously there's a lack of detail when it comes to checking the rooms.

It's not the worst hotel ever, but you could do better. If you don't mind that stuff above, it's perfect for just crashing & eating when you're not out & about. I don't think I'll ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Be aware that a lot of younger people like me & families use this hotel. Noise is gonna happen...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

First let me thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. I do apologize for the issues in your room. In regards to the lack of pots and pans and the room not being cleaned to your expectations. Let me assure you that if any of this was mentioned to myself of the staff we would have taken the time to remedy the situation immediately as our biggest concern is our guest comfort and satisfaction. I'm sorry if we did not meet your expectations and I will work closely with my staff so that we don't run into these issues again. We are working to improve our brand on a daily basis. Thank you so much for the kind words in regards to the staff. There is nothing more rewarding than staff recognition from our guest. We want to make sure that we are providing the best customer service to each and every one of our guest.

Again thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your time.