“Always nice”

Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Port orange
“Always nice”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We discovered this Drury Inn by accident a few years ago. We try to stay there when traveling to or through Atlanta. They have always honored the rest stop coupons and I still get reward points. This Drury in Marietta is going through major renovations, but we wanted to stay there anyway, despite banging and drilling noises until 5 or so. Then again early the next morning. The room they put us in this time had already been renovated. New furniture, carpet and the bed felt new. The only negative is that the internet is a bit iffy. The kickback they have in the evening is always a big plus. Three free drinks and snacks. Always hotdogs, salad, baked potatoes and different items on different nights. We usually don't do motel breakfast but I have at this one in the past and I remember it being better than just carbs. I just hope that when the renovations are done, the prices don't go too high, or that they won't take the coupons. It really is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LindaH343

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Macomb, Mi
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I am sitting in our room 3 hours after check-in and am so pleased that I wanted to write a review immediately. I am a new fan of Drury Inn. I actually never realized it was a full chain of hotels. There is a Drury Inn in my home area but because there is a local judge with the last name Drury I always thought it was just a locally owned single hotel! The staff here are very friendly & helpful. The room was very nice and very clean. The lobby restrooms were very clean. The food was ok, not great but good enough; and it was so nice to not have to leave again after our arrival. We were tired and had our two dogs with us so we just wanted to be done for the night! Although, there is a Ruby Tuesday in the adjoining parking lot so it would have been easy enough to get something else if we so desired. There is also a Taco Bell, Hardee's, and KFC directly across the street. The free pop & popcorn is such a nice treat. The TV stations offered are plentiful. There are still some renovations being done so the pool is closed, but that didn't matter to us on this trip. The staff warned us that work (noise) begins at 8am. But again, that didn't matter to us for this trip. The only slightly negative thing is that there is only one elevator, and since we were on the 7th (top) floor it was a bit of a wait at times. That many flights of stairs would've been too much for our older dogs. We did not ask to be moved to a lower floor though, so I don't know if that was an option. But it wasn't a big inconvenience, so it was no big deal. There was a grassy area near the dumpster where inconsiderate dog owners did not pick up their dog's poop, but I don't fault the hotel for that. I'm used to being on the lookout for that kind of thing when traveling with dogs so I just avoided that area. All other areas seemed ok though. What is the deal with people though?! If you're not going to be responsible then don't own a dog! Sorry, I just had to vent there for a moment. ;) Bottom line is I would recommend this hotel, and we will likely stay here in the future since we are new "snowbirds". :) Oh, and I LOVE the fact that Drury Inn is a family owned company. I'm all for free markets and capitalism so I'm not opposed to big corporations; I just prefer to support privately owned and/or family owned businesses whenever possible. We're staying at Drury Inn in Cincinnati tomorrow night, and I hope it is as pleasant of an experience as this is.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ChuckAnn03
Georgia
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The Drury brand never leaves us disappointed. We had a great stay. The staff was great and the rooms were clean. We always enjoy the breakfast. I agree with the others that I am not a fan of the shampoo, body wash, and conditioner dispensers, but it didn't keep me from enjoying my stay. We look for Drury Inns whenever we travel, because we find the quality of their hotels very consistent.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paritz
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2013

The hotel is under construction and a sign says noise starts at 8a
Dinner/snack is poor and not attractively displayed Breakfast was not any better
Room was ok but no separate bottles of shampoo etc, instead on the wall of the shower
My car got damaged in the parking lot at 3am and no one at the front desk or bell to reach someone.Person had to look around to find a paper to put a note on the car. Make and licence of car not asked for on check in and when i reported the accident the staff at the desk did not know what to do. The assistant manager was smart enough to get information from us.
Nothing to warrant us going back there again even when the renovation is finished
Had a voucher from Georgia tourist book and would not accept it so room rate was overvalued.

Room Tip: Hotel a mess because of the renovation with trucks all over outside =hard to suggest any room
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Marietta, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Please accept my apologies for the issues you encountered during your recent stay with us. Although we are excited about our renovation, I understand that it may be disruptive to our guests and would like to apologize for the noise and temporary dining arrangement. It is my hope that you give us another try after our renovation is complete so that we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Thanks,

Luke Heim
Jupiter, FL
Reviewed 8 April 2013

On a recent car trip north from Florida, we stopped at this friendly and great hotel just off I-75. Always like to get Atlanta behind me for the first overnight stop when we travel to Cincinnati from Jupiter, FL. Got a very good price for a clean and neat room ($89). They have very generous cocktail spread (if you arrive around 5 or 6 pm) that is complimentary. Before I booked the room, I noticed a comment by a Tripadvisor reviewer that the hotel was in the midst of remodeling. It is no problem as the remodeling is now just on the top floor and no work is being done after 5 pm in any event. There is a very nice Ruby Tuesday next to the hotel if you arrive tired and hungry, which we did.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ytram7
Hilliard, Ohio
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I was in town for work and was assigned this hotel. While under construction, the helpful front desk offered a goody bag with ear plugs, water, candy and free drink tickets. Absolutely love the free snacks and complimentary beverages from 5-7pm. They had very good Italian meatballs and veggies. It helped unwind during the long ride from the airport. The rooms are comfortable with extensive cable and refrigerator. The rooms are well decorated with elegant lamps , comfy pillows and nice paisley bedspread. . I would recommend staying here again. Love the staff! Rooms were very clean and felt very welcomed here. Be aware the front entrance was closed so use the side entrance. Very close to Ruby Tuesdays.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Navygal73
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

We stay at this Drury Inn every time we are in the Atlanta. The rooms are always clean and comfrontable and the staff is just the best. Not only do they have a full hot breakfast they also serve hot food in the evening along with free coctalis. There is hot popcorn and free pepsi to enjoy too.Thanks to the staff at Drury for making your guests feel special. We'll see you again soon.

• Stayed January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Quality Inn Marietta
Quality Inn Marietta
#6 of 33 in Marietta
Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Hampton Inn Atlanta Marietta
Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/I-75 North

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Marietta? Share your experiences!