“Great Hotel”

Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Marietta
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel several times related to the comfortable rooms and esp the suites they had remodel the only disappointment was they got rid of the recliners but the rooms and staff are very nice friendly from the front desk and the resturant staff esp the evening staff extremely friendly and social everyone is nice and the hotel is in a good location close to the highway resturants and sights love the breakfast and evening snack and the soda machine love this place

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed 6 February 2014

It's not easy to find a reasonably priced two-room suite where my night-owl husband can watch TV while I sleep. This hotel delivered with the bonus of a double sink separated by a door from the toilet--much appreciated when two people share a room. According to a sign in the lobby, management has just replaced all the bedding. If only they hadn't stopped there!

Our suite was small and dark (the bedroom couldn't even accommodate a luggage rack). The closet door squeaked and resisted when opened; the elevator was just as noisy. A slightly squishy mattress made for a restless night. These little things aren't deal-breakers but do suggest an older property in need of more than minor decor updates. When I enter my hotel room, I want to feel cheered and at ease in my surroundings. Although everything was perfectly clean. I didn't feel that way here.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Marietta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip through Atlanta! Your feedback is appreciated; I would like to apologize for the maintenance issues you experienced, as well as the room layout. We do have different sized suites and would love to show off one of our oversized suites next time you are in town. It is our goal to exceed the expectations of all of our guests, and your comments will help us achieve that goal. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Luke H., General Manager

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Everything looked great when we checked in. Staff was fantastic as usual with Drury visits. We went to our room which was immaculate, but left in a hurry when we found little black specs along seem of first mattress. We do a thorough inspection for bed bugs, as many informed travelers do now. We chose not to even chance it and checked out right away. We got a heart-felt apology and assurance the room would be reinspected. I trust they meant it when they said they don't mess around with that subject. Refund was fast and courteous.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Cliffy28

Thank you for the compliments regarding the quality of service and immaculate room cleanliness. It is always nice to hear that our team members are taking good care of our guests. I would like to apologize for the specs found along the seam of the mattress, but am glad to inform you that upon further inspection, this room had no bed bug activity. I assure you that all Drury branded hotels take this matter very seriously and work very closely with our professional exterminating company, as well as constantly training and re-training our housekeeping staff to search for the possible signs.

Thank you for your loyalty to Drury and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Luke H., General Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is my go-to stop on my drive home from Florida each year. They advertise 'newly remodeled' but still expect those great beds, clean rooms everything you need, refrigerator, microwave, pool, hot tub, exercise room, free Wi-Fi in room and business center and a smiling helpful reservationist. For me the big plus is the 3 gin and tonics and depending on the day, chicken strips, baked potato, mac and cheese and salad (that's what I had) all taken up to my room where I could relax and watch the big flat screen tv. That's how I treat myself after driving 644 miles!

Room Tip: I happen to prefer top floor (7th floor) so no noise above, but if you're impatient waiting on o...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed here with my son during a campus tour trip to SPSU. Clean and comfortable with a staff that has a great attitude. Excellent breakfast and happy hour made the trip all the better. Our go to place when in this part of the country.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Travel from OH-FL.... was originally going to stay at the Marriott next door.... looks sketchy. would not recommend. We decided on the Drury Inn. VERY CLEAN. wonderful staff!!! free breakfast, as well as free soda and popcorn. Rooms are large, pillows are awesome. would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jeep2004
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We seek out the Drury inn and Suites. We are pretty loyal. They feed you, are clean and usually in conveint spots with knowledgable staff.
My Husband told me after how disgusted he was been blown off by the female at the desk last time we visited. It is a great spot for snowbirds to stop at. We have every year for at least the last 9. He innocently asked if an upgrade was available and she said " oh we don't do that, not for your price". We likely had a coupon from the travellers books from rest stops. We don't mind she said no. But we weren't somthing she needed to strape off her shoe. It was how she said it.
Will still go back. Maybe she's gone by now.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Marietta, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

First of all, thank you for 9 years of repeat business! It is greatly appreciated. I would like to apologize for the poor service your husband experienced during your recent stay. We consistently strive to find a solution to any request and do our best to never say “no.” I will use your review as a training tool to make sure we stay focused on providing the excellent customer service you have grown accustomed to. I am glad to hear that you do plan on coming back and we look forward to providing a warm welcome and friendly service upon your return.

Luke Heim

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest
Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/I-75 North
Quality Inn Marietta
Quality Inn Marietta
#7 of 34 in Marietta
Wyndham Garden Marietta Atlanta North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta/Galleria Ballpark, GA

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Marietta? Share your experiences!