“Disappointment”

Super 8 Marietta/West/ATL Area
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Marietta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pinellas Park, Florida
Reviewed 31 December 2012

My wife and I needed a cheap place to get some rest on our long drive home to FL from visiting relatives in Ohio, which is how we ended up at the Super 8 Marietta. Staff seemed friendly enough, although our interaction with them was limited to checking in and out. The king bed was clean and surprisingly comfortable. I'd rate the overall room cleanliness at about 5 on a 10 point scale - it wasn't filthy but I also wouldn't call it exceedingly tidy. Television channels were limited and the TV kept having intermittent audio issues - although it wasn't so bad that I turned it off. The restroom facilities seemed to work as intended. Another pleasant surprise was the tap water in the room tasted pretty good. Free "breakfast" is provided in the lobby, which when we arrived at 8:30am the only remaining selections were cold cereal and make-your-own Belgian waffles. One quick glance and it was clear that we'd be seeking the golden arches for our morning nourishment.

Overall, I was satisfied with the stay and would consider stopping again if I needed a cheap place to crash while on a road trip.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Rob R
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This is the most disgusting hotel ever! I stayed in it because it was the cleanest looking hotel. the only choices were a baymont or a super 8! grosss. The room smelled of animal urine and there were spiders everywhere. Bed was like jello mixed with stones in plastic! Took a shower and there were spiders in the tub! Went to free breakfast and all they had were stale pastries and coffee. NEVER EVER EVER EVER stay here! Go downtown and stay at the Holiday Inn and pay the extra 50 bucks.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn and ask for a high floor :)
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Marietta hotels

LEXINGTON
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I am a senior female and sometimes travel alone. As far as quality of room for the price I was pleased. However the lighting in the parking lot was extremely bad and I did feel uncomfortable just getting my bag out and getting to my room. I am sorry but for this reason I would not stay at this location again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo