“THis motel was in a good location near I 75 and was easy to...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Marietta/West/ATL Area

Super 8 Marietta/West/ATL Area
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Marietta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
La Vergne, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

We made reservations at this Super 8 for three nights, we looked at several motels in the area with similar pricing and amenities. A major reason this hotel was chosen was because it was pet friendly and relatively inexpensive. When I checked in on Friday night, the gentleman at the counter was helpful and curteous, he turned out to be the only good part of this hotel. After getting our key, we went to our room, passing a variety of apparent hookers and what looked like a drug deal in the parking lot. We got in our room and made sure to lock the doors, The room was in very poor condition. There was a chunk of the wall was missing beside the luggage rack, NO hot water from sink faucet and it literally sprayed water all over the mirror when you turned it on, stains all over the vanity, we wouldn't even try the tub for all the nasty stains and what appeared to be mold in the grout, the carpet looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks or months, DIRTIEST ROOM I'VE EVER SEEN!!! The light over the vanity had black dirt from where the light has not been dusted in quite a while. It was supposed to be a Non Smoking room but it smelled of stale cigarettes. It appeared that the place had never had maintance done on it. Even the sheets were only "semi-clean". We arrived around 11 pm and were ready to crash after a day of work and our drive, however, this was not to be the case. The air conditioner was loud and seemed on the verge of stopping completely at any moment, or just falling out of the wall, think about a Jet engine going off in the room. If that wasn't enough there were people who were very loud outside the room, people who were having very loud intercourse in both rooms on either side of us. So from the banging on the walls, the jet engine air conditioner, and the people who were taking a stroll outside the room yelling and banging on doors at 2 AM, there was little sleep to be had. Parking was very bad. not enough for the space and the parking lot was poorly lit, not at all a safe feeling to this place. But here is the kicker. We paid for three nights when we checked in. We had to leave after two nights due to a family emergency. The gentleman who checked us out that morning was absolutely no help. I had told him that we would have to check out early, and wanted to find out about a refund for the third night since we would not be staying. His response was we had to call the manager on Monday, he could not do anything, and that this was his first day at work. Needless to say, we left, money still out of our account for the third night we did not stay. The only good part of the day was the satisfaction in knowing I would never have to return to this establishment ever again. I will go out of my way next time I stay in Atlanta to stay away from this Super 8 and any affiliated motels/hotels in fear of a similar experience. I have stayed in some pretty crappy hotels in my life, but this one takes the cake. When I have to go out of my way to write a review this detailed, it is pretty bad. Be warned, there are other hotels around with similiar pricing which are surely a safer, cleaner, and better maintained environment. Go to any of those instead of here! I wish we had!!

Room Tip: There is nothing good to place here. When coming in for check out, there was a gentleman getting is...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
s8marietta, General Manager at Super 8 Marietta/West/ATL Area, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Mr Al H

Thank you for choosing Super 8, Marietta for your recent stay. The management sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience that you experienced. Mr. Al H our front desk is available 24/7 for you to voice out your concerns about the room and during your two day stay if you had come to the front desk they would have looked into your concerns and changed your room. When you came to front desk to check out early your issues would have been addressed at that time also.

I had conversation with you the very next day with regard to your early check out refund, Mr. Al H at that time your concerns were not addressed, but given the circumstances I went ahead and issued a refund on a rate that was non-refundable. I called you and left you a message that a refund has been issued.

Mr. Al H once again the management apologizes for any inconveniences and we thank you for choosing Super 8 for your stay.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

First walked into the lobby in the early evening and the front desk guy greets my by saying "good morning". Really? Gave me a room wuth no coffee pot or frig which it states in coupon book all rooms were equipped with. Got another room but was Dirty! Sheets were wrong size and smelled. Hair all along side of exposed mattress. Pure laziness from top to bottom. Exterior parking spot lights all burned out so areas Dark! At 11:30 pm i get woke up by someone trying to enter my room. I had to call desk and they said they made a mistake and thought my room was vacant. After that fight was in oarking lot where dark! I could not sleep after this. Left about 5am and no one was at desk for checkout. I left my card keys and Left Never to return.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
s8marietta, Manager at Super 8 Marietta/West/ATL Area, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Marietta, Georgia. I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay, and I thank you for bringing it to our attention. We appreciate it when our guests make the effort to bring this to our attention. This situation happened since we switched you rooms, but this is no excuse.

Once again we apologize for this and look forward to you giving us another chance to stay with us.

Jo Patel
Pinellas Park, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

My wife and I needed a cheap place to get some rest on our long drive home to FL from visiting relatives in Ohio, which is how we ended up at the Super 8 Marietta. Staff seemed friendly enough, although our interaction with them was limited to checking in and out. The king bed was clean and surprisingly comfortable. I'd rate the overall room cleanliness at about 5 on a 10 point scale - it wasn't filthy but I also wouldn't call it exceedingly tidy. Television channels were limited and the TV kept having intermittent audio issues - although it wasn't so bad that I turned it off. The restroom facilities seemed to work as intended. Another pleasant surprise was the tap water in the room tasted pretty good. Free "breakfast" is provided in the lobby, which when we arrived at 8:30am the only remaining selections were cold cereal and make-your-own Belgian waffles. One quick glance and it was clear that we'd be seeking the golden arches for our morning nourishment.

Overall, I was satisfied with the stay and would consider stopping again if I needed a cheap place to crash while on a road trip.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family