“Great Place, I will come back”
Review of Sam's BBQ 1

Sam's BBQ 1
Ranked #80 of 738 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This restaurant deserve kudos in every aspects; great service, great food, clean, fair pricing. I would suggest to add one more BBQ sauce on the table with more character (like a Fat Matt's sauce).

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I've tried this place 3 times. I thought it must be getting better since it does seem to have good traffic. It just does not taste good to me. It is not genuine BBQ. The sauce isn't good and their sides are fair; nothing to brag about. They boast winning BBQ contests, but I just don't see it. I prefer Williams Bros a few miles from BBQ 1.

1  Thank jcpeach
Reviewed 4 November 2013

On a whim driving home from a hike, I decided to get take-out from Sam's BBQ 1 in East Cobb. Walked in, someone said Hi Garry. WOW it was a co-worker getting take out as well. We talked about our favorite BBQ's places, Sam's was at the top of our lists. He told me of another co-work from Pennsylvania who always comes here when he is in town. This all speaks very highly of the quality of the Q at Sam's BBQ 1. I glanced at the menu and spied something I have wanted to try ever since my first visit, but was not available until recently for take-out only dine -in. The Sampler Combination. Being on a diet kind of difficult to justify ordering this, After it it comes with nice sampler portions of pork, turkey, chicken, beef brisket and ribs, along with 2 sides and Texas toast. I justified ordering it since I had just completed a 6 mile hike which had burned my normal caloric intake for the day. I was not disappointed everything was very good as usual. Still one of my top BBQ spots in the Atlanta area. Keep up the GREAT job Sam and co-workers.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was so in the mood for a good bbq brisket. My husband agreed to pick up a couple to go briskets from the new Sam's BBQ 1 on Dallas Highway in Marietta, GA
For two brisket plates and one small brunswick stew it came to $28.+ A lot but if it hit the spot I wouldn't complain.
Unfortunately it was DISAPPOINTING. The brisket was riddled with so much fat neither my husband or I could get a bit without fat overload! A called and was told the manager would call me back. Shortly thereafter the owner Sam returned my call. He wanted us to bring our dinners back so he could see for himself. He was insulting as he repeatedly told me what brisket was. I told him I am 60 year old and know all briskets and have order my share of BBQ brisket through the years. Sam repeated to me what brisket was like. Oh Lord! The brunswick stew was watery and consisted of tomato chunks a piece of corn and a teaspoon of meat. TERRIBLE! I am going to dispute the charge as I see Sam has offered no other reasonable solution. We are not going to drive back to his BBQ to show him our uneaten dinners for his opinion. We are put out quite enough by this poor product and no dinner. I could go on but I hope the message is clear. GO ELSEWHERE IF YOU WANT GOOD BBQ!!

1  Thank ConsumerReview123
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have my manager at work to thanks for tell me about this place. From my first visit 4 yrs. ago I have been hooked. Everything is GREAT!! I am a bit of a BBQ purist believing no sauce is needed when bbq is done right. I rarely use any sauce when I get bbq from Sam's. This is one of my top 3 favorite BBQ places in the Atlanta area.

1  Thank ATL0609