“Good BBQ”

Ranked #27 of 714 Restaurants in Marietta
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Commerce, Georgia
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Stoped by for lunch great BBQ clan and a happening place for lunch plenty of seating nice and clean good employees need to stop by if you like some good BBQ little on the high side but you will be full when you leave and try the Mac and Cheese very good

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank compassion691

Lilburn, Georgia
“Good stuff!”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I have to start this review by stating that I am a Georgia boy, therefore I like pulled pork and tomato based sauce. If this is your kind on BBQ this is your place! Wonderful tasty pulled pork with a great sauce that is equal parts spicy and sweet. sides are great too, especially the mac n cheese! In a strip mall so no atmosphere to speak of but you wont care.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank busterthebronco
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Best BBQ around!”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Dave Poe's is simply great barbeque. Extremely good and very consistent every time. The mac and cheese is to die for. I've eaten there many times and have never had a bad meal. I've also picked up food by the pound and taken to family events. You can't go wrong here.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Richard W
Adairsville, GA
“Thumbs up on this one...”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We went to Dave Poe's in February....and husband gave it a "thumbs up"....he's been on a number of BBQ adventures with the family, and his thumbs up was his "VERY GOOD" sign. Our party had brisket (very moist and tasty), ribs, pulled pork (excellent) and various sides (all good and noteworthy). All of us were pleased and glad we came. The place was clean and the staff helpful and friendly. Sadly for us, it was my husband's last BBQ adventure, as he died suddenly a week later. Although it is not nearby for us, we will be going back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank LadyLiz
Marietta, Georgia
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I eat here weekly and love the place, but it can sometimes be a bit hit or miss. The pulled pork is probably the best I have ever eaten and absolutely recommend it for anyone on their first visit. Hearing the raving reviews for the ribs, I am disappointed to say that I have never had a good experience with them. Always dry. Not sure why my luck has been bad. The brisket is better, but I think it is not ordered enough, so I my experience has ranged from "unbelievably good" to "wish I had gotten the pork", so try at your own risk. The sides are great, but the Mac and Cheese is hands down the best in the world! Add one of their apple pies, to round it out.

Service is sort of typical of a BBQ place. Good and bad depending on who is working, not well trained, but serviceable. Pay attention to your order being called and you'll bypass the help on to the awesome pork. The service is not so bad that I would ever stop recommending the place.

• Visited December 2012