“What a fun time!”

Rolling Thunder River Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Mild or Wild? Rolling Thunder River Company offers adventurous whitewater rafting trips on the legendary Ocoee River or gentle, relaxing float trips on the Toccoa River in an inner tube or a kayak- both out of their easy to get to location in McCaysville, Georgia- just 15 minutes from Blue Ridge, GA. Rolling Thunder guarantees the ultimate in Ocoee rafting trips.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“What a fun time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our raft guide, Will helped make this a great rafting experience. We have used Rolling Thunder three times now and won't use another company. Easy reservations and the guides are fabulous. Will was so friendly and informative, he was awesome on the river. My youngest daughter was riding the bull and fell in and he was quick to pull her to safety, while my husband and I were in shock! Overall a great trip! Thanks for a super adventure, Rolling Thunder and Will!

Visited August 2014

Temple, Georgia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“YEP, that was FUN! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This was our first time rafting and it wasn't as dangerous as I thought it would be. Our teenager was really scared, but at the end she liked it.

Our younger child really enjoyed it and wants to go again.

Parking at company = 3 Stars - not really a parking lot, so parking was free for all.

Employees/Guides = 4 Stars - Our guide Chris was a quite guy, but he was doing his job. We gave him a pretty good tip.

Equipment = 5 Stars - We had 3 items to keep up with, helmet, paddle and life jacket. All was needed, but I will tell that the jackets and helmets smell BAD. They are cleaned, but still smell.

Bus Ride = 3 Stars - The guides was telling us some history/information about the area, but wasn't loud enough to hear. It would be nice to hear and have them talk to us.

I am NOT happy that the Guides did not a couple drunk folks on bus being loud and cussing in front of the kids. I do not think drunk folks should be allowed on this tour.

Dahlonega, Georgia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“AWSOME ANNIVERSARY! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a great idea to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary by going white water rafting. After checking trip advisor we booked with Rolling Thunder. Some family members joined us including my 72yr old father. Richard was a great guide (I owe you a push into the water), and had us surfing, and riding the bull. Never once did we feel in danger. Dad wants to go again already. Everyone at Rolling Thunder was friendly and helpful. If your even thinking about taking a trip, DO IT! It is the most fun you'll ever have for the price. Oh yeah...don't forget to get the DVD of pictures..we already have pics framed and on the wall.Thanks again for a great celebration.

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“F!@#$/g AMAZING!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Wow!!!! What an (icy cold) blast of pure excitement! !! My family & 8 yr old son just took a trip down the nantahala river in N.C. & loved every thrilling second of it . Nick our guide was entertaining knowledgeable & very professional. The river is incredibly beautiful although be forewarned also incredibly cold (48') so a wetsuit might be recommended for the thinblooded. The rapids have great names like the S.O.B. & the root canal & they totally deliver! You will not be bored! This outfitter was considerably less expensive than some of their more heavily advertised competition yet I dont see any how there is any difference in quality. Some other nice touches they have straps to hang onto in the rafts they carry the rafts back to the bus & offer hot showers to thaw yourself out. Highly recommended & worth every penny!

Atlanta
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

My family and I went white water rafting and had the best time! Chris was our guide and he made it so fun and interesting and I couldn't have asked for better! Will had also been very funny and fun to be with on the bus ride to and from the river. Great trip and a day well spent! I would definitely go back in a heart beat!!

Visited August 2014
Bobbye M, Owner at Rolling Thunder River Company, responded to this review, 29 October 2014
"A day well spent" is the best compliment we can get. We know time is a precious commodity these days so thank you for spending it with us. Hope to see you on the river again. Bobbye Miller