“Nice place, clean, friendly, great food”

Yuki Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 213 Restaurants in McDonough
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mableton, Georgia
“Nice place, clean, friendly, great food”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Went to Yuki with a friend on her recommendation. we were greeted at the door with great customer service. the staff was great. the folks we sat with were polite and friendly. the food was great. Never had sushi before. the food was fresh and prepared to order. They even had fun at my expense...never quite got the hand of using chopsticks. overall experience was great. place was very clean. received a great amount of food for the price. would go again.

• Visited May 2013

McDonough, Georgia
“Horrible customer service/care”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My experience was terrible. I had a serious problem with my child's order (allergies). I found that talking to the manager about it (moncor or monzoor) did not help at all. They blamed the entire mistake on a trainee. Ridiculous! People truly do not value your patronage these days. Will not be Returning.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Vance P
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't he a take out order right”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We will no longer be going back. Ordered take out lunch. Chicken hibachi, shrimp tempura roll and a salad.

Chicken hibachi was right but chicken was over cooked and dry.

Salad was suppose to have an extra dressing and it was not in there.

Shrimp roll was wrong. Had chicken in half. How cheap is that...did you really think we wouldn't realize this?

Called to complain and they told us oops so sorry just come right back so they could see the mistake. I'm home And they are 20 minutes away. Asked if there was any way to just get a credit on the next trip. Was told no way we have to bring the food back. Said I have no time now as I was eating and headed to work. They told us to just put it in our fridge and save it till we could come back in.

It went in the trash and I will never return...

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE WHEN YOU TRIED TO BE A CHEAPSKATE!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Deadheadfsu
Cortland, Ohio, United States
“Yuki = Yum!”
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Our sushi-loving family stopped here on our way to FL. We were pleasantly surprised to see such a large selection of sushi to choose from, which was pictured directly in the menu along with a description. Our order was taken when we were ready and arrived not too long after. The sushi was presented on one large plate - not especially decorative, but fresh and delicious. We had ordered two side salads and an edamame appetizer as well. The salads were served prior to the sushi and were small but tasty. The edamame, however, arrived as we were finishing our sushi and was not very good. The service lacked, as we had to ask for plates for our sushi and also had to wait quite a while to receive the soy sauce dipping trays, thus the 4 in the rating. Overall, we enjoyed excellent sushi an average service.

Locust Grove, Georgia
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I went with my sisters for a Girls' Night Out to Yuki Japanese Restaurant. This was my first experience with the grill where the chef prepares the food right in front of you. I did not know what to order so I went with one of my sisters' recommendation and ordered Chicken and Shrimp Hibachi. I also shared an appetizer of sushi-like rolls but they had cooked salmon and chicken. I also had a virgin strawberry daiquiri. Delicious.

The server took our drink and food orders and then we were served in courses: drinks, appetizer, soup, salad, rice, meat. Everything was tasty and we did not have to wait long.

The chef went by the name of Rambo and he cracked jokes and made us ooh and ahh by starting small fires on the grill. But they were pretty fires. He kept us entertained and although he made the fires shoot straight up, I retained what was left of my eyebrows. A bit of advice: Don't get your brows arched while holding a kid on your lap.

But back to the meal. I was practically full by the time my chicken and shrimp were finished cooking. My overall experience was great.

Location: Right off the highway on I-75 Exit 221.
Atmosphere: Family oriented. We heard at least three "Happy Birthday" renditions that included tambourines and clapping and stomping. Casual attire or dressy if you're feeling it.
Service: Polite. We were seated immediately.
Price: Special occasion price, but not expensive. For me it would be a once in a while dinner out.
I'd go there again.