“Southern Cooking - good portions - value for your money ”

Cravings Home Cooking
Ranked #24 of 234 Restaurants in McDonough
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is our “go to” place to meet the uncles, grandparents and all the workers. This is where the community goes to eat. This is where you can meet up with contractors, sub-contractors, local politicians and friends. This is southern hospitality and great food!
My favorites are the field peas and mashed potatoes and Lima beans with the jalapeño corn bread. But EVERYTHING is great!!

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

The food is average and my husband likes it but they have a mature person at front that she is very rude. I would not go their if there was another restaurant of serving cafeteria style near me.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I had the meatloaf and it was great. Greenbeans are great also. I also had fried okra and it was same as everyone. Very clean and very friendly.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

The turnip greens were good but I could tell some sugar had been added. The green beans were good also but a little salty. The fried chicken was on the dry side, but just slightly. Moist would have been preferred. The sweet tea was amazing. If I go back, it will be for the sweet tea. I never saw any salads and a lot of the meats were unrecognizable. The server was of little help and I have never seen a restaurant worker look so unhappy. I can do a lot better than dining here. There are places in McDonough that love and appreciate their customers and they will see me again ;)

Reviewed 30 March 2018

My wife and I ate here for the first time today. We went through the line very quickly and each got a vegetable plate (3 vegetables plus bread for $4.99).

We really enjoyed the food and our favorites were: candied sweet potatoes, creamed spinach, green bean casseroles and Mexican corn bread. For $7.99 you can get a meat, 2 vegetables plus bread.