“Home Away from Home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in McDonough
Norfolk, Virginia
“Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was in McDonough training with my company for three weeks and stayed at the Courtyard. From my arrival I couldn’t have been more pleased. The staff (especially Diane) was extremely friendly, helpful and hospitable. My room was large and had a great work station with excellent wi-fi. My room was cleaned perfectly every day. The location provides approximately 20 food options within a 5 minute drive as well as major retailers. My home away from home couldn’t have been better and I will absolutely stay at the Courtyard every time I come back to McDonough.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank N1981X

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Calabash, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here two nights which were both enjoyable. Great décor, comfortable beds, good breakfast at reasonable ala carte price levels. No bathtubs which was an issue for my wife and would have been nice to see complimentary coffee in lounge.

Room Tip: Recommend higher floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MarineClaim
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Excellent stay at the Courtyard Atlanta McDonough. Only stayed one night, but the reception during check-in was very smooth and friendly. The room was very clean. Comfortable King size bed. Those pillows are the bomb (old school term). If I were a thief, you would be short of two pillows (smile). Thanks Dianne for a wonderful stay at the Courtyard in McDonough. Have you forgotten our secret? I will not tell. Thanks again. Check-out was also good. Great location for shopping and dining. Highly recommend the hotel and would definitely book it again.

Room Tip: No comments.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melvin H
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here twice, traveling between Michigan and Florida. I'm very picky about certain things (namely bugs), and whenever I stop, I look up every hotel on google, bing, the 2 main bedbug registries and if course trip advisor. I have driven from Michigan to Florida and ended up being so terrified of the hotels, I actually slept in my car. The last trip I made I had to backtrack about 30 miles to find an acceptable hotel - thank heaven for smart phones. This was the hotel I found.

Pros:
Quiet, comfortable enough beds.
No creepy crawlies.
Modern and up to date.
Fast, reliable, free internet throughout hotel and room.
The Starbucks in the lobby!
The wonderful staff.

Cons:
Clean, but not as spotless as a Ritz or Four Seasons. There was a large makeup spot on my blanket but the sheets were fine.
Cannot recommend the food.
Was too tired to drive another block, so ordered at the grill in the hotel. The front desk said there would be a menu in the room, and I could call in an order for pickup. The room had information on a pamphlet that the front desk could provide a menu - a bit circular! I went downstairs and read the menu at the grill itself and waited for my order there. It took about 20 minutes for my order to be ready. The grilled ham and cheese I ordered only had one piece of bread toasted. The other was soft and white and on the underside of the sandwich. The cheese wasn't melted either. When the French onion soup came out from the back. The nice lady who took my order and my cash, took the soup to where they have some shredded cheese and without any glove or hand washing, grabbed some shredded cheese with her fingers and put in in my soup. I don't believe it was Swiss cheese she put in there with money hands, but I will never know. Still she was super nice and most likely the soup would have killed any germs from the money.

I will definitely be back, as I often make this trip, but will probably eat somewhere with better food.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Fairly new facility, staff unusually pleasant, and the grounds were just amazing. We did use the Bistro and were pleased with the service. Wi-fi seems to have sites blocked, which we have noticed at other Courtyards.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Much better than older courtyard properties. Had a noise problem with room 419 (building a/c unit extremely loud and near bath). Management was great And helped me move to 429. Friendly attentive staff. Good beds. Fire pit out back for fun. Would definitely come back to this property if price is right.

• Stayed May 2014
Alabaster, Alabama, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Great room with a good price. The best part of this hotel is the courtyard out behind the hotel with a gas firepit. Great for enjoying a nightcap prior to retiring, or just enjoying a drink with friends!
Staff was very friendly and helpful both at check-in and throughout stay.
Room was very clean with a large shower. Also, the workout facility was amenable with two treadmills, two ellipticals, and even several free weights. The only negative was the temperature in the workout room was too high.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business