“Disgusting”

Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in McDonough
Savannah, Georgia
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We were traveling late at night and needed somewhere to stay. When we pulled up, there was about a foot of black water in the pool, which should have been a red flag for us to run, especially because it was the middle of summer. This is the most disgusting place I have ever stepped foot in and I would not recommend it to anyone. The room iteself was in horrible condition and smelled like stale cigarettes mixed with body odor. There were stains on the walls, carpets, fixtures, as well as, all other visible surfaces. We did not even want to set our luggage down, but eventually settled on the dresser and chair. The sink and tub were covered in hair and were crumbling. The towels and washcloths literally looked like rags that had been used to scrub a filthy bathroom and were then hung on the rack.We did not use either and made due with what we had brought with us. There was no soap or any other toiletries so I was grateful we had brought our own. After all of this, I wasn't surprised to find hair and stains on the sheets, which didn't even fit the bed, when we pulled back the covers. Thank goodness I always also bring my own pillows and blankets when I travel because there is no way we would have slept in this bed. If the filth doesn't deter you, then maybe the bar next door playing music til 4 am will. The staff spoke little english and while it was VERY difficult to communicate, they also were not very friendly. While we were putting our luggage in the car, (we had quite a few bags because we were on a rather long trip) a man, who was apparently waiting to clean the room, asked us, "Are you done?" each time we came out with a different bag. I have no idea why he was rushing us (we were already going as fast as we could to get out ASAP) because it was 6 am and there were three other cars outside. He asked us a total of 5 times before we were finally able to get the heck out of there. This is ONLY the start and my best advice would be: DON"T DO IT! Spend the extra 50 bucks, in order to avoid a health hazard.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lauren G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 11 May 2012

i have stay here a month ago with my family, and this is one of best place that i have ever stay.
nice and clean place. very friendly manager.

Room Tip: down stair at front side.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I was forced to stay here a week for business reasons. I've had to stay in a lot of hotels in my time, but this was by far the worst. The ceiling was falling on the beds, the carpeting was sticky, large peices were missing from the sink, no soap provided and mold growing in the shower was just the start. The soda machine in the lobby actually served hot cans of soda and I never did find a member of the staff who could speak english or would even pretend to care about these conditions. The "pool" only had about 1 foot of water in it and smelled. Sheets and comforters were stained, walls were stained with I don't even want to know what. Sorry, but cannot list all the problems with this place in the space I'm allowed to type here. DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: Get a room anywhere else!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Paul S

Travellers are raving about these McDonough hotels

Shenzhen, China
Reviewed 30 November 2010

There was no terrible experience here. It was the cheapest thing anywhere near the airport, althought we did not realized it was 30 minutes away. Everything worked, staff was friendly, and wifi was free. But it's too far from most things in Atlanta to be convenient. We stayed there twice in November, 2010. The first time, we arrived early and got an early check in with no problem. The second time, we arrived late (11 pm) and the place was fully booked due to some training event. The only vacant room available was the one being held for us. Again, there were no problems. It's just that, like MANY other facilities of this type, the building is 50 years old and has had thousands of guests, so it shows the signs of age. Still, it is decently maintained and is good enough for a night or two if the location is not so far out of the way that the drive is a nuisance.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 25 August 2006

Oh my. We were travelling and just needed a place to stay for the night. The first tip off was the check-in attendant. He gave me the wrong room number and then acted like I was an idiot when I could not locate the non-existent room. When we finally got the right number, we were less than pleased with the room, but were very tired and hungry, so we just went out to eat and then came back and went to bed. In the morning, we noticed things that made us nearly ill, as you can see by the photos I am posting.
* The bed itself was in terrible condition.
*The carpets were filthy.
*The drape on the window was horribly stained and did not actually cover the whole window.
*The walls had smear marks of heaven-knows-what all over them.
*The lampshades should have been taken to the dump long ago.
*There was a cleaning rag hanging on the towel rack. Hard and crusty. Not sure what they actually cleaned with it, since the room was filthy though. The tub DID appear to be clean.
*The microwave looked like someone had vomited in it. Eww.
*Tissue container was rusty and smeared with fingerprints.
*Best of all: lying between the refrigerator and the wall was a bent spoon that someone had used to burn drugs in. Nice. There is no way that room had been cleaned or the maid would have seen that while vacuuming.

The spoon really upset me. I wrapped it in a washcloth, and took it to the desk when we were leaving. The girl there was not too concerned, and said that there was a NO REFUND policy there. I will be in touch with the manager, or the Choice chain to let them know how bad it was, and request a refund, although I am not holding my breath on this happening.

• Stayed October 2003, travelled as a couple
5 Thank dawnmarie85
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 January 2006

Stayed at this motel on way to Florida. The room was dirty, carpet soiled, and bath tub looked as if it had never been cleaned. Walls neede to be cleaned, they were smeared up and dirty. I would not recomend this motel to any one.

• Stayed December 2005