“not impressed”
Review of Deep South Diner - CLOSED

Deep South Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Visited on a week night with my three children, Upon entering the restaurant, the greasy smell was almost overwhelming. After we were seated, we noticed the health score, which was a 70. We should have gotten up right then, but I thought I would still give them a chance,

I ordered the roast turkey dinner, which came with mashed potatoes and I added a side of green beans. It was not the roast turkey dinner I was expecting. It had been heated up in a skillet and basically pan fried to reheat it. The potatoes were very stiff and not hot. The green beans were o.k.

One child ordered chicken pot pie. It was not creamy as the description stated, It was very brothy with a bug piece of puff pastry just sitting on top. She did not like it at all.

One child ordered fried pork chops, which were pretty greasy.

One child ordered a cheeseburger. She said it was ok, but that it had little bits of gristle in it.

The waitress was friendly.

I will not go back.

Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

My first time here and it was pretty good. The Deep South Diner didn't blow me away, but it didn't run me off either. We had a wide range if food ordered and I sampled everything. The fried chicken was good- could have been a tad more flavor in the breading. Collards were good with some sweetness coming through and the green pepper sauce I added was the perfect Southern compliment. The burgers were good and the hand cut fries were wonderful. Red beans and rice had good flavor too. This place is a good choice. It's not slap your Mama good, but it's a solid good.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is one of those tiny little places that you want to keep all to yourself! Amazing food (roast beef & horseradish or chicken pesto or homemade pimiento cheese) and cozy, happy, friendly atmosphere where all your locals come to gnosh and greet and smile and eat -- Yay! So happy to have this addition to our community!!!

1  Thank StuartandDenese