“The carpet was wet from pool activities and the room smelled.”

FairBridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in McDonough
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The staff was pleasant but the room needed to be serviced in greater details. The carpet was wet from pool activities and smelled musky.This was a solo overnight trip for me. I checked in late and departed before check-out time.A continual breakfast was available but I was to concerned to partake of any food or drinks. The vending machines were not full there wer very few snacks to choose from. The only postive comment is the location it sits in a great location.You're near a varity of resturants and stores. The mall is a block up the road and it was four blocks away from my sons home.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lovey M
FairBridgeHI, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2014

Thank you so much for your honest appraisal. We value the feedback of our guests, and we use it to improve our service for our future guests. I'm so sorry that we did not provide you with a great stay. We have reviewed our procedures based on the items you've mentioned. I do hope you'll make a reservation at the FairBridge Inn & Suites next time you are in McDonogh, as it would be our pleasure to ensure that you have a better experience next time.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

trashy, unclean, and someone let our dog out while at dinner. the doors open inward, and they stated the dog opened the dr. took 3 hrs to find him. and front leg broken. hotel very unfriendly and incompetent employees. 5,000.00 vet bill. place looked like a run down dive should have left as soon as we got there like my wife wanted to

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank wes s
FairBridgeHI, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2014

Thank you so much for your honest appraisal. We value the feedback of our guests, and we use it to improve our service for our future guests. I'm so sorry that you had an unpleasant experience at our hotel. Please note that the pet was left in the room unattended and our policy states at check in that you cannot leave your pet unattended in the room . We have reviewed our procedures based on the items you've mentioned. I do hope you'll make a reservation at the FairBridge Inn & Suites next time you are in McDonogh, as it would be our pleasure to ensure that you have a better experience next time.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel, when I read some of the other reviews I got scared. The hotel was clean and the room looked recently updated. Had a minor problem with my room and the very helpful front desk staff who happened to be the housekeepers & was covering for management, swapped me out no issues. The nice gentleman inspected my new room which was right next door while the nice woman swapped my keys. We checked in late and those same staff were there bright and early the next morning. Brightly lite outside but my room was comfy and dark inside when I wanted to sleep. Overall I think I got a great deal.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laura F
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This hotel stole $200 from me. Do not stay here!!! Avoid this hotel at all costs. The front desk employee seemed incompetent as she was unable to find my reservation in the computer. As a result, I was double charged for my stay. I have made 4 contacts with the manager who has said he would resolve the issue, but never calls me back and has not refunded my money. Don't become a victim like me. Stay away from this hotel.

Room Tip: Go to any other hotel, but this one.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dontstayhere544

Thank you so much for your honest appraisal. We value the feedback of our guests, and we use it to improve our service for our future guests. I'm so sorry that we did not get back to you in a timely manner, we were waiting for our accounting dept to verify the transaction and we have since given you a credit of $200. We have reviewed our procedures based on the items you've mentioned. I do hope you'll make a reservation at the FairBridge Inn & Suites next time you are in McDonogh, as it would be our pleasure to ensure that you have a better experience next time.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We found it on the Hotels app but i really didnt want to put in my credit card. # and code from the back of the card so left it open & asked the attendant if he would honor the price. Without hesitstion he said yes & we got a good room @ an amazing price!! Thanks we will check out this hotel chain again!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank wisconsin2
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This hotel had a convenient location off I-75, but eek! Room was not very clean, chunks of wall missing in room, patches not painted, the number "140" written in cigarette ash on the wall above the bed, sink did not drain, tv channels were mostly static, coffee maker did not work, not well insulated---could hear everything outside and next door. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank IndianaAllinfan

Thank you so much for your honest appraisal. We value the feedback of our guests, and we use it to improve our service for our future guests. I'm so sorry that we did not get back to you sooner, we are in the process of refurbishing rooms and apologize for the inconvenience. We have reviewed our procedures based on the items you've mentioned. I do hope you'll make a reservation at the FairBridge Inn & Suites next time you are in McDonogh, as it would be our pleasure to ensure that you have a better experience next time.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We found this hotel when we were on our way home from Florida after spring break. We were really lucky because the above factor and the NCAA basketball finals had most hotels completely sold out. The rooms are clean and the staff was very nice. We needed three rooms and the manager gave us a good deal on the third room. They have free breakfast which is a plus and the Wi-Fi actually worked pretty well. Beds were comfortable. This is a basic hotel, but once again we liked the room and service and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family