“Beautifully Remodeled”

Holiday Inn Express McDonough
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in McDonough
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Came in without a reservation and received our requested type of room, a king on the 4th floor. The hotel was remodeled about a year ago and shows an up-to-date and modern vibe. The lobby and breakfast room is very nicely remodeled, allowing ample room for guests to enjoy their breakfast, and our room was comfortable and spotlessly maintained. The bed was "heavenly" -- in deep contrast to the HIE we stayed in last night in Jasper, AL.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DrewHenley, Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful comment about our hotel. It is always great to know we impressed our guest when they stayed with us. I will share you comments with the staff and our owners to let them know you really enjoyed your stay.

Look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

What an accommodating hotel! I can not say enough about this place, from the time I made the reservations for our baseball team to the time we left. This staff was absolutely amazing and made every effort in meeting our team's needs. I would definitely book a stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
DrewHenley, Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you so much for posting such nice comments about our staff on Trip advisor. Its such an honor to see that you stayed with us and had such a smooth and great experience from making the reservation to checking out.

This years ball teams have been so great!!! I hope you had a successful game!!! I am definitely going to share your comments with the entire staff to let them know they are doing a fantastic job taking care of our guest during their stay.

We look forward to many more visits and games in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stopped here on our way home after a long drive. at first glance Rooms seemed clean, pool very nice but had a huge roach crawling across our wall. Let the service desk know and no one seemed to care very much. To much money spent to deal with that. Pretty disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Rubee7
DrewHenley, Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

So sorry to hear of your experience at our hotel. We will definitely get Ecolab out here to check into that.

Please let me know if you are ever in the area again so we can give you one of our upgraded suites at no additional charge.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I travel quite a bit for work. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express In Silver City, NM the week before I stayed at this one. That hotel was outdated and not very clean. This hotel, however, was updated and extremely nice! I stayed five nights in a room with a king-size bed (which was very comfortable). I enjoyed the seating area that included a couch and chair. The bathroom was also nice. I have no complaints about the room being clean. The Housekeeping staff did a fabulous job! Overall, this hotel is one of my favorite!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
DrewHenley, Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to express your positive comments on this site. Its always a pleasure to know our guest enjoyed their stay when they were with us. Glad we were way better then the previous hotel you stayed at.

I will share your comments with the entire staff so they can know what a great job they are doing for our guest.

Really looking for to seeing you again in the future,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Every now and then while traveling - you find a 'keeper'.
This one of those places that goes into the 'great keepers'.
Kudos all the way around.
Hotel is immaculate - one of the cleanest my wife and I have stayed in.
The hotel desk clerk was so nice - offering what we would call a true 'southern hospitality' ! !
We travel to FL once or twice a year - and finding this hotel will become our future overnite stays going down.

Room Tip: It is a perfect location for southbound travelers - on the south side of Atlanta - easy on-off acces...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
DrewHenley, Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you so much for your recent comments. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and are planning on making our hotel a "keeper". That really makes me proud.

Also you stated the front desk clerk showed you true "Southern Hospitality" Thats truely awesome!! I will share you comments with the front desk staff to let them know they are doing a fantastic job taking care of our guest.

Looking forward to seeing you in the future,

McDonough GA

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for over night stay from FL. because of recommendations from trip advisor. It lived up to recommendations. It was well kept, friendly staff and had very clean and comfortable beds. So glad bedspreads are becoming a thing of the past. Felt good that pets were not allowed and 300.00 fines would be issued! The breakfast was fine especially the cinnamon rolls. Very good sanitation procedures were followed. First time that I have seen apples washed and wrapped
in plastic. All cold items were kept in refrigerator. Need to find better
type waste cans that were easier to use. Very reasonably priced for travel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn1976

Thank you so much for your comments!!! It is so nice to know you really enjoyed your stay with us and plan on making us a keeper! You have know idea how happy that makes me. Im also happy our front desk clerk gave you the true " Southern Hospitality". That is truely awesome.

I will share with them your comments to let them know they are doing a fantastic job taking care of our guest and making them feel special.

We look forward to seeing you in the future,

McDonough GA

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Appearance inside and out showed that this H.I.Express cares about making a great impression. Our King room had extra space with a sleeper couch, comfy chair, microwave and fridge. The Chic-Fil-A next door is an easy walk. Had no problem with our recently updated GPS on finding the hotel. Usual nice hot H.I.E. breakfast with good size seating area. We appreciated the option to turn our HVAC control to have the blower stay on. The "white noise" helps us get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim P
DrewHenley, Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments!! It thrills me to know you enjoyed you stay and will be back. Chick-fil-a is an added bonus for most of our guest and employees as well. You can never get enough of it.

I, like you, sleep well to the sound of the ac blowing in t he room so im also glad that helped you sleep as well. And Im equally happy you enjoyed our breakfast the next moring.

Again we look forward to seeing you in the future. Please let us know when you are in the area again.

Holiday Inn Express McDonough GA