“Very Good Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in McDonough
Henderson, Nevada
“Very Good Hotel”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel is very good. I have previous stayed here and received good service for a few days but this time was only overnight. Access to I-75 is excellent. You just have to make a U-turn at the light in order to access the property. The pool good and I couldn't get the whirlpool spa jets to work. The only issue was when I checked in, the agent, Tina, insisted that I provide proof that my dog was really a service dog. I tried to tell her that I don't have any papers and it's illegal to ask for proof.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Christopher C
DrewHenley, Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

I also informed Tina that we have to take guest at their word when it comes to service animals. Some guest turn in paper work, others do not. Thank you for letting us know though.

We look forward to seeing you again,

Drew Henley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
atlanta GA
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Only problem was a lot of their cable/satellite channels were out due to changing companies. Weird because they all worked in the lobby but nobody was there to fix it until the next day so I wouldn't be there again. Very nice staff at least cut my rate for the inconvenience. Really nice décor and very helpful employees. Will stay again if everything works. Great rooms and REALLY comfy beds! I could have and should have overslept but the alarm did work...FYI, like a lot, no MP3 input for music.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the back away from the main drag. It seems there are a lot of sirens there!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
DrewHenley, Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments on Trip Advisor!! We are so excited you enjoyed your stay with us. Just wanted to apologize for the inconvenience on the missing cable channels. I know how it is to miss your favorite shows due to not getting the channels they are on.

I will definitely forward your comments to the rest of the staff so they can see they are all doing a fantastic job serving our guest.

We look forward to many more visits from you.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight on our way to Bryson City for vacation. Good value, ample parking, friendly staff, check in was a breeze, room was clean, Hotel was clean, free breakfast which was good and a nice selection. We would definitely stay again and recommend to a friend. Very nice workout room. Nice to stay at a Hotel where the treadmill actually works!!

Stayed July 2014
DrewHenley, Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to brag on our hotel on Trip Advisor!! It is always a pleasure to hear our guest really enjoyed their stay when they stay with us. It sounds like you enjoyed every part of our hotel from check-in to check-out! That's fantastic!!

I will share your comments with the entire staff so they can see what a good job they are doing to take care of our valued guest.

We really look forward to seeing you again in the future,

Opelika, Alabama
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel for 5 weeks on business. On one occasion someone tried to break into our vehicle, damaging the door handle. We thought this was just an isolated incident. On another occasion, someone tried to steal the wheels off of our vehicle. The criminals must have gooten scared off during the process and did not get to finish. When my wife went to back out, 2 of the tires almost fell off the car. During our report to the police, the officer stated this has happened quite a few times. The criminals have a trail through the bushes to the vacant lot adjoining the property. My wife asked the hotel manager to come outside but he never did. When I spoke to him about the incident he confirmed it had happened a few times before. I asked him to have the hotel owner call me and he assured me that someone would be in touch. It has been a month and I have not received a call yet!! I wrote a review but HIG refused to post it because the title said "your vehicles are not safe!!!". This is an ongoing issue that the local hotel is aware of. Also, the WIFI is horrible in a lot of the rooms. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!! Note to the Hotel Staff: PLEASE don't respond now if you couldn't respond to me within the last month as I was promised!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Robert M
DrewHenley, Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for posting your comments on the site. It does help us in identifying areas of opportunity where we can make things better for our guest. I want to apologize again for your car. I know that wasn't a pleasant thing to have to deal with on your stay. Have you heard anything from the police since we filed the report?

I have shared your experience with our Owners and my upper management to see if there is anything we can do to improve our parking lot to make it safer for our guest to park.

We are also working with our local internet provider to get faster more efficient service for our guest. We do realize there are some poor signal points and we are correcting those areas.

Again thank you for bring this incident to our attention.

Tifton, Georgia
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay. Clean room. Good breakfast. We stayed here after braves game. Close enough to get there in about thirty mins. Staff was friendly and rate was good. Looks to have been remodeled lately. Bed slept great and a/c was cold which is the way we like it. Definitely would stay here again!

Stayed July 2014
Thank polarisdiesel .
Thank you so much for your comments about our hotel. It is always nice for our guest to take the time to post such great things about their stay. We are so happy you enjoyed us so much.

I will share your comments with the staff to let them know they are doing a fantastic job taking care of our guest. By the way, how was the Braves game? I love going to them!!!

We really look forward to seeing you again in the future!!!

Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The room still had someone else's food in the fridge and on the desk when I checked in. They never restocked the cups, coffee supplies or bag for the ice. I was told that they had a "new company" handling their cleaning. The customer service at the front desk was absolutely horrendous. When you could get their attention, they could not care less about your issue.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
DrewHenley, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
So sorry to hear about your recent stay with us at The Holiday Inn Express in McDonough GA. You mentioned you were told we have a new cleaning company. I'm not sure why you were told that because our housekeepers clean the rooms and we've never had a cleaning company come in to clean our rooms.

I will also look into the front desk staff because they're are expected to be professional and helpful to our guest and if they're not, we don't need them.

I hope you give us another chance and stay with us. Please feel free to contact me because id love to make this right for you.

Sincerely

Donalsonville, Georgia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Our grandson was playing in a baseball tournament & we needed a close hotel. This Holiday Inn Express was great. We were well pleased with our room & the breakfast bar was well stocked. I would have liked a few healthier choices but overall it was good. The pool was used by all the kids & enjoyed immensely. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
DrewHenley, Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such an awesome review. Its always nice to hear our guest have enjoyed their stay with us and the price was right for them as well.

We look forward to many more visits from you guys.