“BIGGEST QUILT SHOP IN GEORGIA”
Review of A Scarlet Thread

Ranked #1 of 4 Shopping in McDonough
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We have driven down highway I-75 many times and have seen the big white sign advertising for a quilt shop claiming to be the largest in the state of Georgia but never gave it much thought since we had seen ads and visited sites stating to the biggest or oldest or something that turns out not to be correct. A Scarlet Thread is what it claims. There is over 10,000 sq. ft. of fabrics and all the necessary additions for anyone interested in quilting or sewing. There are dozens of finished quilts hanging from the ceiling and it is a feast for the eyes. My husband had surprised me in that he took me to several quilt shops in Kentucky including the National Quilt Museum in Paducah and then topped off our trip down to Florida by stopping at A Scarlet Thread. I was thrilled and have already spread the word amongst ladies in our RV park who are avid quilters to not pass by the big white sign on Interstate 75 and turn off at exit 221 and go east for about 2 miles and you will not be disappointed. Well done Ken & Karen Taylor the owners of this first class shop.

8  Thank Jim H