“Excellent food/Reasonable Prices/Atrocious Service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Stockbridge, GA
“Excellent food/Reasonable Prices/Atrocious Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

Date of visit: 7/12/11 12:15pm - The crab royal sandwich was fantastic and the homemade potato chips were incredible. Unfortunately the gentleman who was my server was very inattentive. It was a long wait to place my order which I finally ended by making eye contact to remind him I was there. After being served I had to interrupt him at the bar for ketchup where he was sitting and talking to the employee behind it. He never offered to refill my Diet Coke. When he dropped off the $16.10 check, I put a twenty bill on the tray. He passed by several times and never took the money. Finally, noticing he was outside on his cell phone, I had to flag down another server to tke my money. After all this, my server then returned after I gave my money to the other server and asked me "You didn't want change, did you?" Unfortunately, there did not appear to be a manager around with whom to discuss the service problems. And yes I did tell him I wanted my change back!

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Atlanta, Georgia
“Try the home made potato chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

Nice place with good burgers, sandwiches, salads, etc. Fun sides include home made potato chips and sweet potato fries. The sidewalk patio is dog friendly.

• Visited June 2011
McDonough, GA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2009

Perfect for lunch or dinner. Really enjoyed the food, been there twice. Staff was very nice. Been there twice.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
McDonough GA
“Really good - give it a try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2008

I have to say, we have lived a few miles away for 5 years and we have always passed this place by...but this wonderful evening, there was some music on the square, we were walking around and hungry and decided to have a bite.

OK - so first of all, the place needs some updating, and slowly but surely, they are doing that. Not fast enough, but it's starting to happen.

I wasn't expecting much for food, but every single bite was really really tasty. They have really transformed - going from frozen food, to everything being fresh. My wife had some fried cauliflower, and you could tell it was handmade and quite nice.

The staff was really attentive and awesome. It's a local place, so if you can roll with the quirks, you will really appreciate it.

Our waiter was AWESOME and the chef came out to say hi. You could tell that everyone was working hard.

We will definitely be back.

1 Thank GeorgiaTraveler-6
London, United Kingdom
“More like a Friendly Bistrot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2008

In the picturesque Main Street,USA old town centre of McDonough itself not in the suburban mall sprawl that calls itself McDonough. Relaxed atmosphere. Attentive service. Honest food. Best all round place to eat lunch or dinner in an area dominated by the usual horrid chains. It's on the old main street which one of the waiters' grandaddy dug himself.

1 Thank Milotwix