“JUST TOO RUDE!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
McDonough, Georgia
“JUST TOO RUDE!!”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were given a restaurant.com gift certificate which we were going to redeem at PJ's. Having never eaten there before, we thought it would be a good opportunity to try it. I checked multiple times over a period of a couple of months and they were always out of the 25-dollar certificates, so finally we got the 10-dollar certificates. I called the restaurant to see if a party of 3 (who, by the way, were individuals and would have been separate checks regardless of the gift certificates) could each use a 10-dollar certificate. The answer was no, that it was only one certificate per table, even though they were out of the 25-dollar certificates and we were forced to get the 10-dollar ones. And I totally understand if that is their policy, but even though the answer was "no", the TONE was more like "HELL, no". EXTREMELY rude. When I mentioned that the 25-dollar certificates weren't available, he interrupted in mid-sentence and snapped that they only did a limited number of 25-dollars ones per day (although I'd checked on multiple occasions and the 25-dollar ones were NEVER available).
So I have no idea what the food is like, but there are too many other places in McDonough to have to put up with that kind of attitude.

• Visited September 2013

Fairburn
“Nice place but just average food”
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

The place we wanted to go too was closed but this place was open so we tried it. The Paul's chips appetizer was great. The entrees we got were good but nothing to write home about. I wouldn't tell anyone not to go here but I wouldn't go out of the way for it either.

• Visited August 2013
Alabama
“Great food and atmosphere.”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My husband and I stopped here for a late lunch and enjoyed it very much. The dining area was not crowded when we arrived (around 3:45 on a Friday) but quickly filled up. The live music was a nice touch and the food was very good. Our server was a sweet young lady that wsa avery attentive. I have read where others complained about the service being slow but we didn't have a problem. Of course we weren't in a hurry either. Fried green tomato appetizer arrived soon after our drinks were delivered and when there were two green tomatoes left in the basket, our salads showed up. Entrees came right on time and and were delicious (philly cheesesteak sandwich for me and crabcakes for my husband.) It was a very good eperience overall.

• Visited April 2013
Tampa, FL
“Go somewhere else...”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

The dining room was about 1/4 full when we arrived on a Wednesday evening shortly after 6 pm. The tables were sticky when we sat down. Our table of seven was served at different times as the main course was gradually brought out over about 20 minutes. The 1st person was almost finished before the last person was served... no apologies and no other recognition. The food was lousy. My green beans were almost cold, colorless with flavor to match. My brocolli was limp and tasted as if it was cooked in soapy dish water. Most of us simply pushed around the food on our plates and simply looked at each other in mild amusment, wondering "how did we find this place." Afterward we joked about where we would go for dinner after this dud.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank WarmWeatherPlease013
McDonough, Georgia, United States
“Average...”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

...is exactly what this place is. They messed up my order, replaced it without apology but really didn't seem to care much that I wasn't that happy. Truth is I felt like I was nothing more than a "tip" to my server and I never saw a manager on the floor. Service was slow and the food was just ok.

Visited October 2012