“Really Bad Food”

Judy's Country Kitchen
Ranked #78 of 98 Restaurants in Milledgeville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Based on the early reviews on this site saying the food is good, this restaurant must have changed owners since then. My husband and I went here for dinner and we both left with the belief that the food at this restaurant was the worst we'd ever had (including places like McDonalds and other cheap fast food). We were just looking for an average meal, but the food was not edible. The buffet is very small and haphazardly set up, with plates being placed on top of the buffet glass. There were employees standing in the way of entrees and it was not clear why they were there. The small signs on the glass stating what each dish was were yellowed and peeling off and looked like they were made with a label maker. Most notable, was the actual taste of the food. The dressing was just powder and tasted mostly like onions. It did not resemble any dressing I've ever had. The mashed potatoes were luke warm with cold spots mixed in. The macaroni and cheese was just horrible tasting (and I like everything from gourmet to homemade to kraft). I had a piece of fried chicken, (only dark meat was offered) which was dry. I took a few bites of each thing and that is all I could choke down. My husband ate more because he was starving. I told the woman at the register that our food was bad and she seemed surprised replying, "Really? You should come back when we are busy!" I dont know what she meant by that-perhaps it was an attempt to prove that people like their food, or maybe that is when they put out the edible food. I dont know. But I would never wish the food in this restaurant upon anyone. She gave us a few dollars off of our meal, but I feel as though we should not have been charged at all as we could barely eat it and were highly dissatisfied.

1  Thank Cathy R

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Yes I know that you will see the sign outside as you are driving by but don't let that lure you in. The food is poor to say the least...nothing on the buffet tastes fresh or homemade at all. If you went to a grocery store and ordered a hot meal from the deli case, you would get the same taste and was probably sitting under the heat lamp for the same amount of time. It took one visit for me...that was all I could stand...HAVE YOU ANTACIDS READY!!!

Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

After reading the excellent review on this restaurant, my family decided to give it a try. The price was excellent! 6.50 for adults and 3.00 for kids! The veggies were yummy, but the chicken (my reason for going) wasn't great. Most of the food was warm not hot. The restaurant wasn't clean. Our waitress was nice enough. Probably won't return.

Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

The value for their buffet style menu is EXCELLENT. The service stays on top of you always refilling your drink & asking if everything is fine.
I enjoy going to eat here.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

love the food there, will go again. better food around town. Its just $650, love to go there I think I will go tomorrow.