“Should be better”

Comfort Suites Morrow
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This hotel seemed to be great upon checking in. Most of the staff is helpful and friendly. While there are little improvements that could be made, I am most disappointed about the lack of internet for four days and counting. As a college student, I depend on the internet. I am certain the cost of wifi is included in the room price, but will it be adjusted accordingly? I seriously doubt it. There seems to be no fix in site for the issue and I will not be sad to go. (Mold/mildew in ice machines, machines always out of stock)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Morrow

Reviewed 10 July 2013

This place appears very nice on their website. Even when you enter the hotel it still looks ok. There is a tiny goldfish pond at the entrance and the lobby is attractive. But.... There were no sheets or blankets for the pullout couch which our two boys were sleeping on. The front office person found some sheets in the office and went and pulled a comforter off of a "clean" bed. We went out to dinner and upon returning and walking down the first floor hall, we heard quite the "activity" from a woman who was obviously enjoying herself! Pretty funny really, but extremely awkward with 2 young boys hearing it too! We finally get to our room, turn down the bed, and the sheets look like they've been shot with a shotgun. Full of holes! And...what appeared to be a little speck of blood on the sheets. There were roach traps placed behind the beds full of bugs. Just so nasty!! Oh, and by the way, about 20 minutes after we heard the"wailing lady", I walked out of our room in time to see a man come out of that very room who was an employee there! They must rent by the hour!! Anyway, we got out of there. Bottom line- don't go to this dump. It appears to be run by a family, and they do all the "cleaning". I saw a couple of young teen boys cleaning. Need I say more???

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Dragonfly1216
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I'm currently staying in this hotel and I am very disapointed. Packing up all our stuff and finding a new one has crossed my mind many times today but since we are only staying one night I am going to try to tough it out. Check in was easy. Parking was good. We reserved this room because we have for little kids and not many places have 2 Queen beds and a pull out sofa in one room. However the negatives out way the good. They give you four euro pillows per bed. No pillows or Sheets for the pull out sofa. When I asked for sheets they were never brought. When I asked again she said they were in the dryer. When I asked about pillows for the pullout sofa, I was told they had none. I asked what people sleep on then and the front desk clerk told me an extra set of sheets. The sheets on our Queen beds had visibly been slept on. They made the bed but definitely did not wash the sheets. My bed had hair, food crumbs and dirt under the blanket. The sheets were wrinkly and the blanket was just sloppily thrown on the bed. There were numerous "pesticide" traps throughout the room. The walls had stains next to the beds. The swimming pool was being used by people who did not stay here and were throwing a ball around the pool and making it uncomfortable for anyone else to be in the pool. They make you sign a sheet saying you won't smoke and the property is a smoke free property but the maintenance man smokes outside the only entrance forcing you to walk through a cloud of smoke to get into your room. It's been over an hour and we still don't have sheets for the pull out sofa. This hotel was definitely not worth the $113. I rather pay $50 more and have a decent nights sleep instead of worrying about getting bugs or sleeping on someone's pubic hair.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Reserved room on front and back of our Europe trip in order to have a secure place to park our vehicle. Checking was pleasant as the guy at the desk was very polite. Upon entry to the room it was obvious the room had been vacant for some time. AC was off and room was musty. Shower rod broken, light by sofa inoperative and barely able to close curtains to block morning light. Room also smells like cigarettes. I know the smell being a reformed smoker. Recommend owner preflight his rooms for maintenance deficiencies prior to guest arrival.
The breakfast was decent and there was a guy ensuring everything was staying stocked. Could be a decent place with a little TLC. Well be staying on the return trip in 10 days, hopefully report will be better.

Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We have stayed there twice in the last 2 months to fly out of Atlanta the next day and have had a very enjoyable stay with no hassles. Nice continental breakfast and clean rooms. You can't beat it for the price.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We recently used this hotel as part of a Park/Sleep/Fly package. The price for two week's parking and a night's stay was great - little more than parking alone near the Atlanta airport. Unfortunately, this location doesn't - at least currently - live up to Comfort Inn standards. We chose to use our night's stay at the end of our trip, since we were scheduled to return to the US in the evening and didn't want to drive for 3 hours after a 9 hour flight. Problems included 10 minutes on hold calling for the shuttle; they couldn't find our reservation on arrival (even though we'd checked in when parking our car two weeks earlier) - another 10 minute wait before getting our room; once in the room (a double instead of the requested king) the hair dryer didn't work, the coffee maker didn't work and some of the fixtures in the bathroom were loose. The hotel seems to be aging, not necessarily gracefully. Now the positive: the airport shuttle driver was personable and very helpful ; the manager "found" our reservation the next morning and efficiently adjusted the price issues ; the breakfast was hearty and tasteful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendell R
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This hotel is located directly behind a Cracker Barrel right off interstate 75 at exit 233 on the south side of Atlanta. Great stop between southwestern Ohio & WDW. I rated this an average because it is in need of refurbishment, breakfast was average fare & parking is small & tight. The pool was cloudy but I think they use a salt filtration system (salty taste). The room & beds are definately larger than the Drury Inn at the same exit but Drury has a great breakfast & dinner (evening snack).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
jitoo p, Manager at Comfort Suites Morrow, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

thank you so much. hope to see you again

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrow
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow
Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta I-75 South
Quality Inn & Suites Southlake
Comfort Suites Atlanta Airport
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow

Been to Comfort Suites Morrow? Share your experiences!