“Sorry, just average”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
Houston, Texas
“Sorry, just average”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stopped as soon as we cleared Atlanta so we would be past the traffic when we left the next morning. I was thrilled to see a BW sign as we have had good luck with them several times on the road. The staff at check-in were quick and competent and answered our questions about local restaurants and even gave good directions to the Walmart. Our room was large and clean with a good, quiet AC and all the amenities we have come to expect from BW. We made our Walmart run and arrived back at the hotel just in time to hear the first train of the evening. From outside it was quite loud but to their credit from inside the room it was tolerable. The trek to the ice machine was long and there were a lot of people milling about and a lot of smoking and loud conversations in the area of the ice machine that made me glad that I had not sent my wife for the ice. After a good sleep on a very comfortable bed I felt much better about our choice and made my way down to check out breakfast while my wife finished dressing. Breakfast was very minimal with none of the perks and niceties we have found at other BW's. I got each of us a cup of coffee and we finished repacking and checked out early so we could go off in search of breakfast on the road. Not a bad experience but not a BW that I would return to.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel was deceiving from neighborhood and outside. I was a little worried but the check-in was friendly and pleansant, our room was clean and had everything it was advertised with. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have slept in for a very long time. The breakfast had hard boiled eggs, waffles, yogurt, cereal, bagels and cream cheese and more. When traveling in this area again I would most definitely stay here again.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times a year for 3 years. It has been well run all this time by new owners bringing it back. The staff is very professional and friendly. The rooms are up to date, with no problems. The site is clean, safe , and convenient, but not "pretty". The breakfast is good. It is a great value for a traveler wanting a good place to stay at a more reasonable price. P.S. I have never heard a train there; it's beside the expressway but not noisy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We were on vacation and decided that the drive home from our vacation destination was just going to be too much for one day, so we decided to schedule a one night stay at another Best Western, as Best Western is our hotel of choice. We called and made the reservation with Best Western Southlake Inn in Morrow, GA. We had an overall very pleasant experience. We prefer hotels with exterior corridors so that we can back our car right up to the door and unload the car. We did not get to park right next to the door here, but we did not specify that we wanted a room with a parking space right at the door, so we don't fault them for that. The lady at the desk when we checked in, Mellonie, was wonderful and thoughtful and sweet. The man at the desk when we checked out the next morning was indifferent, apathetic and overall, in my opinion, rude. The beds are a little high and a bit on the hard side, but you can't fit a bed to each individual person when you run a hotel, so that was not really a problem that couldn't be overlooked for just one night. The room was very 'roomy' and large/open, the bathroom actually had a toilet that sat at a decent height (not a Barbie potty) and the bathroom and shower were roomy. We were just really impressed at how big the rooms were.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Jonesboro, Georgia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I was extremely satisfied with my stay. My husband and I just needed a night away from everything. The staff was amazing, the hotel is super clean. Rooms are a little dated but everything worked and again, super clean!

st pete
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were on our way from Nashville to Tampa and needed to stay somewhere just south of Atlanta for the night.

The room was basic - more basic than other Best Westerns I've stayed at. This is "motel" style lodging. We stayed in room 101.

And BOY, were we lucky. Bob says there were 4 trains that went through: the 12:45am, 6:45am and two others in between (he didn't look at his watch for those two). As I sit here typing, he's chanting, "chooka, chooka, chooka, chooka.....WAAAAAHHH...WAAAAHHHH". And it's even better in the morning when two trains pass at the same time. I said, "Too bad I don't know anything about trains. I bet there are people that could identify what types of trains are going by just by the whistles. I don't know how close the tracks are to the buildings - I didn't go out to investigate, but we could feel the vibrations.

So. Basic lodging. Nothing fancy. Clean. Did the trick. I don't know why nobody else mentioned the trains, but if you're a train fan or have small kids that like trains and train noises, "All Aboard!".

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We spent 7 hours on the road with our kids and promised them that they could swim once we got to the hotel. After all that time in the car, they were so ready to hit the pool! We suited up and ran over only to be told that the pool is closed :( Disappointed kids=unhappy parents. Room was clean and nice, but the pool being closed should have been posted online. We would have stayed elsewhere had we known.

• Stayed April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrow
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow
Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta I-75 South
Comfort Suites Morrow
Comfort Suites Morrow
#6 of 12 in Morrow
Quality Inn & Suites Southlake
Red Roof Inn Atlanta Southeast

Been to BEST WESTERN Southlake Inn? Share your experiences!