“found cockroach in bed”

Quality Inn & Suites Southlake
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Enough said? Got there late at night. Room hadn't been vacuumed obviously due to used matches found on floor. Tired so went with it. Got up in the morning and found a cockroach in the bed. Ewww... this was a creepy place! Complained in morning- took our name and said would let management know. Never heard back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Southlake

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We were one of the lucky people who got caught in the snow storm that hit Atlanta and ended up spending 5 1/2 hours just trying to make it through Atlanta. We finally got a break in the grid lock of traffic and we were out of gas and badly needing to use the bath room so we decided to pull off in Morrow and get gas and find a place to hunker down for the night. We got gas at the Exxon station and my husband asked to guy at the counter if he could tell him a good place to stay that wasn't expensive so the guy wrote down his name on a piece of paper and told us to go to The Quality Inn next door and give them that paper and they would give us a discount. So we drove on over next door and got a room, the woman who was working behind the counter got us quickly checked into a room and we were soon relaxing in our beds and ordering something to eat from the menu for food delivery they provide. The room was nice and comfortable, the beds were great, we didn't take any showers so I don't have any information on the water pressure but the bathroom was clean. Got up the next morning and had a really good breakfast, my hubby made me a waffle and then to check out and the same woman was still there working at the desk. She said the snow storm had made it where neither the third shift employee was able to make it in nor the first shift employee so she was still there. We asked her name so we could give her an honorable mention, her name is Cynthia and she was still just as pleasant and friendly after staying up all night as she was when she checked us in the night before. Kudos for her and her dedication! If we ever have reason to need to stay in Morrow again, we'll definitely come back and stay at this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ilovesilverton
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We found this hotel 19 hours into our drive to Florida from Toronto. What brought us here was the sign on the highway advertising their price. Inexpensive, so we booked 2 rooms (we are a family of 4). Bonus that breakfast was included.

This was my first time staying in a motel, where your front door opens to the outside and not to a hallway, so I was a little bit skeptical as to our safety. Given the price I was expecting the room to be nothing special but I was wrong. Room was very clean. Bathroom and shower were very clean. We were told that the beds were under 5 years old. I did my bed bug check, where I pull back the fitted sheet and look, no bed bugs. Very comfortable beds. We slept well. Breakfast is free and is very good with a lot to choose from.

I would stay here again.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The main areas were extremely clean and fresh looking. The room was great. We stayed in a suite with two queens and a pull out. Sheets were clean. Room was also fresh and clean. Towels were plush.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Nice and friendly staff. Stayed for 2 nights on way to and back from Florida. Pretty close to Atlanta, specially the airport and the state Farmers Market. Good breakfast experience too, with a family of four.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed here three nights on a business trip. The customer service was unbelievable!!! I have to travel a lot so staying in hotels has become a second home so to say.... but never had I received such wonderful customer service. Most of my interaction was with Cynthia, from my reservation to my saying goodbye she was always polite, respectful, and very helpful. She was familiar with the sounding area so any questions I had she answered and I know I was a bit of a bother but not once did she stop smiling or turn me away. It was welcoming, to be away from my husband and kids and yet still feel as though I was with family.
The hotel is very easy to get to... located right off of I75 and its conveniently placed near gas stations, restaurants, and shopping areas.
Very reasonably priced... my room was huge for a one bed, it had a refrigerator and microwave, not to mention the lounge chair with ottoman.
It was very peaceful throughout the day and night aside from the traffic which couldn’t be controlled. I felt comfortable and safe! Thank you

Room Tip: Try to avoid the 344,345, 346, 347 rooms, they are all nice but located right next to the street so...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I absolutely LOVE this hotel! My girlfriend and I come often and we love the service as well as the staff. I would recommend this hotel to ANYONE! This is without a doubt the BEST hotel in South Atlanta

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrow
Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#8 of 19 in Stockbridge
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Southlake? Share your experiences!