“Been There Before -- I'll Go Back Again”

Quality Inn & Suites Southlake
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
Reviewed 10 April 2009

My wife and I travel a lot for both business and pleasure and we gravitate toward Choice Hotel properties. We first discovered the Quality Inn and Suites Southlake on a combination trip in 2008.
Okay, it's not a downtown Hilton, people; it's a Quality Inn at the junction of a major highway and a busy interstate. Get over yourselves! I've stayed at much, much, much worse places, including a real roach motel in Lafayette, Indiana, a joint in St. Louis where I had to compete with the hookers and the truckers for a first floor room, and a forgettable chain place somewhere that even my dog objected to. I've also stayed at Wyndhams, Hiltons and Marriotts in Atlanta, Austin and Charlotte, so I know good and I know bad. The Quality Inn Southlake is not a bad place for the money and the location.
On our first visit, we were upgraded to a suite as a result of a miscommunication. The front desk staff were amazingly accomodating and the rooms in our suite -- a true suite, by the way, not two sleeping areas partitioned by an arch or a divider -- were clean and comfortable.
On our most recent visit, we opted for a non-smoking king room which we found to be equally clean and comfortable.
The place has been around for awhile, folks, and it shows traces of its age. But the management has done a good job of keeping ahead of the ravages of time and you can see ample evidence of ongoing improvements.
The lobby and breakfast area are clean and welcoming. The continental breakfast offered is pretty much what you'd expect; waffles, cereal, toast, bagels, juice, milk, fruit, etc. Nothing to write home about, but nothing to complain about, either.
The high-speed Internet connection in our room worked just fine.
The heated indoor pool has been a little overpopulated with screaming children on both of our recent visits, but that's the nature of family-friendly facilities.
The hotel is pet friendly. We travel with a small dog, but we have six cats at home, so I know from cat pee and I've never smelled it in a room at this hotel. But I'm one of those weirdos who is conscientious and would never, ever, ever, let my four-legged travel buddy mess up somebody else's property. We have adequate confinement provisions and clean-up supplies to make sure that accidents don't happen.
The only incident we've ever had at this facility involved a new housekeeper who apparently startled a bark out of our confined Chihuhua-mix when she came to service the room and so did not subsequently service it, even though we had informed the front desk that our little guy was in a crate when we were out of the room. No biggie. I went to the desk and got some clean towels. When the owner found out about the misunderstanding, he came to our room to profusely apologize in person. He even knocked the standard pet fee off our bill. That level of service doesn't happen every day.
The Quality Inn and Suites Southlake is convenient to I-75 on Atlanta's south side. It's a short hop from downtown and from Turner Field and an even shorter hop from the Georgia Farmers Market and other area points of interest. The facility is adjacent to a large mall and is surrounded by chain eateries like Olive Garden and Cracker Barrel as well as a host of local places. There's a McDonald's right next door.
With a AAA discount, we got an extremely good room rate.
Overall, I'm quite happy with the Quality Inn and Suites Southlake. I've stayed there before and I'll definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Southlake

Reviewed 4 December 2008

When searching through this website and others, we saw pictures of this hotel that seemed to be decent, so we booked a room. However, when we approached the hotel it looked nothing like the pictures. It was way more rundown and it looked like some of the floors were about to collapse. It was extremely dirty looking. We drove around the building and then left. We just took a loss on the room. We found another hotel close by and which was much better.
We saw several of the bad reviews on this website (including the ones about the cat pee) and still thought it looked ok enough to book based on other reviews and the pictures. This hotel needs a lot of improvements for us to even consider staying here.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2008

Clean, quiet, safe, nice lobby area, older but in very good condition and would stay there again

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2007

This hotel I would have to say really SURPRISED ME! I am very picky about hotels. However, it was VERY clean and comfotable! The prices are great and the workers are friendly. I will continue to be a patron of this hotel. So definitely do not judge a big by its cover!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank btw2006
Reviewed 17 December 2006

The living area with the pull-out couch barely had enough room for the bed. The place was overall run down including broken heater vents. We found corn chips on the spread of the main bed. The room key quit working on its second or third use and had to be replaced. Police and fire engine sirens rang loudly at least three times during the night, with them blowing their horns at the intersection. Breakfast was very sparse with VERY watered down orange juice. Positives: wireless Internet worked perfectly, brand new microwave and very cool refrigerator, quick check-in and check-out. We were due to stay here again in about a week but have since cancelled the reservation.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank Leigh77
A TripAdvisor Member
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed 27 November 2004

There was little right about this hotel. The room was hot even though it was cool outside. Couldn't get the air conditioner to work nor open any windows to cool it down. The TV didn't work right even after someone came to fix it. One of the dresser drawers was broken. The security viewer in the door was plugged with paper. The carpet was dirty. Not a good place to stay.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 November 2004

very nice hotel clean and there are many good restaurants right down the street of the hotel very close to down town i would stay at this hotel again good clean comfortable room at affordable prices

2  Thank cora
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrow
Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#8 of 19 in Stockbridge
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Southlake? Share your experiences!