“A home away from home and much, much more.”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
“A home away from home and much, much more.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff were polite, friendly and always smiling and helpful, the hotel and room was clean, the mattress was heavenly, I enjoyed having a full size fridge/freezer and a stove, watching tv and channel surfing was a breeze beachside there were no x-rated channels, I was able to use my laptop because there's free wifi, it was quite, and the hotel is located in walking distance to restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

The hotel was easy to find, but there are a dozen streets containing the name "Mt. Zion" in the same nieghborhood (street, parkway, boulevard, etc)! so be careful of where you turn. I thought the hotel was relatively clean and quiet for an overnight stay from Indiana to Florida. GREAT PRICE, no bedbugs, ok but definitely not great beds, friendly staff. No breakfast in the morning, but it is right across the street from a Longhorn Steakhouse, Chili's and a decent sports bar, McDonalds, etc.

We had to take a non smoking room, which was fine because the price was so low, but there was the smell of cigarette smoke in the third floor hall even though many smokers chose to go outside to smoke. That did not bother us, but it may bother people really sensitive to smoke.

My wife's biggest complaint was there was a glob of toothpaste in the sink from a previous guest that the maid did not clean up before we got into the room. I cleaned it out with a tissue paper, but my wife was completely disgusted. She said she would not stay there again because of the toothpaste, but I would. So if I plan to stick around with her for the our second 25 years, I suppose I won't be staying there again either again unless I happen to be traveling to Florida again alone.

Room Tip: Cleanliness would have been better rated if it were not for the toothpaste left in the sink!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Atlanta - Morrow. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Dayton, OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

We'd had really good prior experience with this location, so we were surprised to have a bad stay. It was definitely a bad stay, though.

Things started off wrong at check-in. We received a key for a room on the second floor and dutifully trooped up there, only to open the door and find another occupant already inside! Back to the front desk, where we were basically told "oops" and given another key for a room on the ground floor.

The ground floor room was not good. The carpet was dingy and filthy, and it bagged and folded on the floor. The coverlets were stained, as were the pillows and couch cushions. The baseboards in the kitchen area, along with the bathroom door opposite them, were covered with a splatter of sticky brown goo. The bathtub looked as if it hadn't been cleaned after the previous occupant, and the toilet lid had a big chunk out of it where you could see the gray line of filth underneath. I don't even know how you could get a big chunk out of a toilet lid like that, but it was gone.

There were only about 10 channels on the TV, one of which just said "Congratulations! You have satellite!" against a blue background 24 hours a day.

The initial room mix-up was not the only problem we had with security. When we used the side door, supposedly unlocked only with a room key, we opened it easily every time (even late at night) just by pulling on the handle.

Overall, it was a pretty miserable few days. We won't be staying at this location again.

Room Tip: ask to see the room if you can, and make sure that everything locks securely. Also, bring some ex...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Kitsa

Travellers are raving about these Morrow hotels

Brandon, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

Easy access from Interstate. Very clean & friendly. Very Affordable, comfortable beds. We were trying to find a hotel near the Nascar Race & Turner field, this one was right in between the two with affordable rates & someone to keep my pet safe. We also wanted a place to cook our own meals, this was it. We loved it & we will return again!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Tami C
Morrow, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

Rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. I have stayed here for a couple of weeks in two different rooms. The first room was on the first floor and seems to have been updated with mesh chairs and new desks. The 2nd floor room needed an update. On some level updates are taking place in the hotel. Clean carpets. Overall good stay and great value for money.

Room Tip: Ask to see room you would move in to
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

This is not a luxury hotel but had everything that we needed. You may have to do a little extra, such as go to the front desk to pick up any requested items but well worth it for the rates. Exceptionally clean rooms. Staff very friendly without being intrusive. Located close to grocery store. Everything we needed in the kitchenette to make a delicious dinner.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

Hello world, please share my hotel stay experience and decide if I'm anal or justifiable!!
Details are as follows:

Upon entering the hotel lobby, I was captivated by the beautiful colors (burnt orange, my favorite decor color) and design of the hotel lobby. I was immediately inspired on how to incorporate this design within my personal home.

The attendant, whom I believe noticed me observing the design of the lobby, patiently waited for me to turn my atttention to her. She greeted me with a genuine smile and asked, "How may I help you?" Within a short and friendly conversation, I was checked in and off to my room with the understanding of everything concerning my stay.

I entered my room and it smelled so clean and everything was neatly in tact. I love the kitchenette, it always makes me feel I have everything I need to feel at home! I pulled back the sheets to check for stains, and NO stains. Out of habit only, I sprayed lysol on the sheets and pillows. I do this if I'm staying at a big name hotel or even with friends & family. I checked the bathroom to make sure the tub/toilet/sink/floor/and shower curtain was clean. I also checked to make sure there was plenty of tissue/towels/and wash cloths. I do these point inspections before I get comfortable, just in case I need to change rooms. I do other inspections as well, but I don't want to seem too anal...Lol!! But everything was wonderful so, I dislodged my small suitcase/laptop/and purse from my arms/hands.

I sat on the chair, relaxed, and grabbed the remote to find something on television. I viewed the menu for room service, and decided maybe later. So after several in's and out's I finally decided to settle in for the night. Everythings wonderful right?!!!

Well, I pulled out my laptop to check my email and surf the web. Here in-lies the problem!! I found the available network for Extended Stay America, and I attempted the connection, just to find there was a charge of $4.99 (or so).

Now you tell me, am I being an anal & spoiled american, or is it perfectly understandable to frown upon the charge for Wi-Fi? I mean come on, I pulled out my laptop without the slightest incling that I would be charged. Maybe it's because free wi-fi is offered everywhere!! At restaurants, whether fast-food or fine dining, book stores, coffe shops, and Definately at most hotels!! I honestly thought at all hotels until this particular stay. In these days and times, and with our technology, Free wi-fi has become a standard service!!

Despite this flaw, my stay was honestly absolutely wonderful!! Great job Extended Stay America Hotels, and I will not allow this to discourage me for future stays. However, please take this comment into serious consideration. You offer great services and amenities, and you don't want something this simple, yet major, to hender your number of return guests. Even the anal ones such as myself....LOL!!!

Thanks,

Cassandra Moore
cody_moore2000@yahoo.com

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank CodyAtlanta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrow
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta I-75 South
Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow
Comfort Suites Morrow
Comfort Suites Morrow
#6 of 12 in Morrow
Quality Inn & Suites Southlake
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Morrow? Share your experiences!