“Good Stay”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Morrow
Columbia, South Carolina
“Good Stay”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I don't expect much from hotels, but being my first stay ever at a Drury Inn & Suites hotel, I expected a good first impression of the chain.

The building itself is a little outdated, especially on the outside. The inside has its parts too, but overall looks very nice. I really like the atrium and glass elevator in the lobby. I love the uniqueness placed into the lobby's aesthetic design, which I've heard is a prominent feature of Drury Inns. The color scheme is very warm, consisting of dark brick, wood, stone, and gold colored fixtures, which I look as very pleasant.

The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy. Besides maybe the tiny bathrooms, I have nothing to complain about the rooms. The room amenities were plentiful: flat screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, controllable air vent, and some very cool shampoo, conditioner, and body wash dispensers in the bathrooms.

Outside of the rooms amenities were good too except I felt like the fitness center was pitiful compared to some other hotels I've stayed at. They had two treadmills (one was broken), a bike machine, stair climber, and a weight set with 25 lbs. as its highest weight. The pool was really interesting although I never had the time to take a dip in it. It is a large indoor AND outdoor pool. Ice and vending I have nothing to complain about. The food there was mostly good, although I didn't enjoy the muffins that much, but all that was offset by the waffle maker they had there!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The of the best values that you can find when traveling for personal or business that we have experienced. We checked in to the Morrow Georgia Drury and asked for a suite, what an outstanding room, master bedroom with a complete living room, sofa, small round table with two chairs, desk to work at, coffee table and two very comfortable lounge chairs to sit in and watch TV and relax, work or have family time together, refrigerator and microwave neatly tucked away in the nice furniture, lots of storage and an really large nice bathroom. Room was well taken care of and one of the cleanest I have stayed in, wish our house was as clean and well kept as this room was. Convenient to restaurants and shopping. One of the best features was the staff that assisted us during our one night stay, whether it was Abu who checked us in or the rest of the staff that engaged us in the elevator when we were coming or going to our room they were friendly and took care of all of our needs. King size bed was so comfortable. I really like the fact that they have moved away from the tiny bars of soap and now have liquid dispensers in the shower for conditioner, body wash and shampoo, much better for the environment.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lee M
PA
Reviewed 26 April 2013

This hotel is older but still lives up to the Drury standards!! The service was excelent and the breakfast and afternoon snack was great. We had some trouble with our key and they took care of it with no problems each time! When they realized that it was the lock on the door that was the problem , we got upgraded to a suite with the offer to help move all out stuff. So very nice!!
I would definetely stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I travel for business and stay in plenty of other hotel chains. The Drury Inn in Morrow outshines them all! The rooms are clean, the staff is beyond outstanding. I usually travel out of my way to stay here when I am in the area. Definitely worth a visit, or two!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SadTraveller_4
Michigan
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Made reservations ahead for our return to Michigan trip...used coupon from website and saved $20 ....Hotel was nice but we were disappointed that the "kickback" didn't last a bit longer...as it had been a very long day....we called to say we were on our way but were informed it was too late.so had to go out to dinner on a cold and rainy night. Hotel was very pretty and clean. Breakfast was good . Location was excellent. The beds and linens were superior!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nana54
Kentucky, USA
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Stopped here after a week in sunny Florida. After driving about 7 hours, half way home, we stayed here. Called while on the road and the Drury Inn & Suits main switchboard was excellent at helping us locate a hotel along our route home. We were not disappointed. Friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms. We stayed in King Suite. Very comfortable beds. Great breakfast. No complaints, as always, love this hotel brand!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MomOf4_9855
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed here for one night on my way to Florida for Spring Break. We came in too late for the "kickback", but did get soda and popcorn for snacking. It was very busy, a full house, but everything was clean. At one point they ran out of towels by the pool and within minutes someone was there to re-stock. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious, as always. We stay here every year we travel to Florida, because it's easy to find and always a great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sue B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrow
Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta I-75 South
Comfort Suites Morrow
Comfort Suites Morrow
#6 of 12 in Morrow
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Southlake
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow? Share your experiences!