“Southern Charm”

Barber-Tucker House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Moultrie B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My son and I traveled to Moultrie, Georgia for a diving meet and had the good fortune to stay with Fran. Her B & B is the best! Her warm and gracious manner made us feel immediately at home. The inn is beautiful and picturesque. The wide porch is a great place to sit and relax at the end of the day. My son loved cooling off in the pool. The food was perfect! Our bedroom, sitting room and bath were immaculate. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Moultrie. Kathy and Kevin. Colleyville, Texas

Room Tip: The Bridal Suite is the most amazing room even if you're not getting married!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathy D

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Barber-Tucker maybe the history but Fran is what makes that house a home. Very nostalgic.Takes you back to a more charming peaceful slow paced era where the front porch is still actually used.! Very delightful experience

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rick T
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I chose this B&B on a whim rather than booking at a motel in Moultrie. What a lucky choice! My stay at the Barber-Tucker House, a fine old mansion that is beautifully furnished, was a totally pleasant experience. I could have lingered on and on for the relaxing ambiance of the property and the delightful hospitality of Fran, the hostess. I enjoyed having use of the library and the parlor and particularly enjoyed being served an excellent breakfast in the dining room. My room was lovely, the entire property pristine. I look forward to a return visit in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrea P
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We are B&B afficionados. Having decided to drive from Atlanta Georgia to Sarasota Florida, I started looking for an attractive B&B halfway down. Took some time but eventually identified a likely candidate in Moultrie ,South Georgia-Barber -Tucker. The reality far exceeded our expectations. We only reserved for one night but soon after arrival regretted not being able to stay longer. The house (built in 1901 ,antebellum style) itself is beautifully maintained and furnished in matching period quality and style. The owner, Fran, is an outstanding hostess,welcoming the guests with a glass of wine and personally cooking a gourmet breakfast.All the rooms are spacious with 'Gone with the Wind' names and with excellent period furnishing. We will return to this jewel asap!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martinallen
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Beautiful columned home surrounded by trees draping moss. One of the coldest nights of the year in February, but the setting was charming and the azelas were starting to bloom. Very new B&B still working out some of the kinks, but the inn keeper was absolutely the best! Fran greeted us warmly and her many years of experience running a B&B in New York State made our too short stay very nice. Breakfast was excellent. Furnishings and atmosphere were very romantic. Wished we could have stayed longer, but we were in Moultrie for business. I would highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mandarian and the bathroom was very small, so if that is important, you may want to...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim C
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed in Barber-Tucker B & B while attending my husband's 40th high school reunion. Moultrie is a sweet little town where I always enjoy shopping downtown and visiting with the sweet people who live there. Fran Ambroselli is an added blessing. We loved the Inn and we loved Fran. Sure it is cheaper to stay at Hampton Inn, but staying at this bed and breakfast is truly a wonderful experience. Fran takes care of you and keeps you grinning with her cute sense of humor and wonderful stories. Our room was lovely and breakfast delicious. Couldn't ask for anything more! I plan to take my Garden Circle back in the spring for dinner and gathering. So many perfect spots at this inn to do what we do best......relax, visit and have fun being together!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pahdz
Reviewed 24 September 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay where you will feel , comfy, relaxed, wanted, and worry-free...you have found the right place! My husband and I stayed at The Villa Serendip twice. This was a bed and breakfast that Fran (the innkeeper), also owned. From the minute we walked in her door, Fran made us feel like a part of her family! The place was full of heart and soul. She always had a funny story, home-cooked meals, exciting activities, and the best smile waiting for all of her guests! You can't say that for most places today. We live a little further from this place but wouldn't hesitate to stay here anytime we are down south. Some of our best memories of trips taken are the ones with Fran's bed and breakfast! We spent two of our wedding anniversaries there. We were married on New Year's Eve and Fran planned a murder mystery weekend that was sooo much fun! She was always ready to invite you into her kitchen and cook you up your favorite treat. There was always a bottle of wine waiting too! :) Without reservation I would recommend this beautiful inn to anyone. I am just sorry that we don't live closer so that we could stay more often.
Lisa Rescigno

Room Tip: all gorgeous for sure
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moultrie
Hilton Garden Inn Tifton
#1 of 6 in Moultrie
No photo provided
Cocomo Inn and Suites
#3 of 6 in Moultrie

Been to Barber-Tucker House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!